Any Else Struggle With This?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by yurigadaisukida, Jun 27, 2014.

1. I like to tell people I have ADD. But the truth is I was never diagnosed and I don't know if ADD is the correct term for what it have (if I have anything)

I've had this problem ever since I was a kid for as long as I can remember.

To put it simply, I have the attention span of a goldfish. I cannot focus at all for extended periods of time. My mom wanted to put me on drugs, I'm glad that didn't happen.

This doesn't seem to have anything to do with interests either. Its not.like I only have trouble with school and work. It effects every aspect of my life.

I daydream when playing games/cards with friends. If I play an RPG, I'm always making a new character, I rarely stick to one.

I can never finish art projects. I always leave it half done and start on something new. Same with music. I was never able to practice a piece for more than 20 mind.

hell, I even daydream during sex.

And my absent mindedness causes physical problems as well. I'm very clumsy and knock things over/drop things all the time.

I don't want to visit a doctor because he will just.give me a drug, or assume I'm lying to get drugs, neither of which I want.

How have you blades coped with this problem? I've considered trying meditation or martial arts. Any kind of practice or exercise tthat I can do to strengthen my attention span.

Its an odd feeling. When you have a temper or are depressed, hypotheticaly you can suck it up and act correctly. But with this, it doesn't work. Because you literally don't even realize your doing it. You forget. Your brain just wanders whereever iit feels
    Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Does toking make your condition worse or better?

3. Yeah I can have a short attention span depending on the situation and mental state I am in. Sometimes people will tell me something and my focus is so withdrawn from reality that I cannot piece together what they're saying. For me, personally, it is a lack of energy and anxiety. GET YOUR ENERGY UP, meditation is cool but what works is staying active and productive as much as possible. I would be willing to wager that your focus issues are result of being LAZY like me.

4. worse if anything, bit I.don't think iit has an effect. I been this way forever and only been smoking for like 2 years

possibly. I've considered it, but I really have trouble focusing on it...

5. I can relate with some of your problems, and maybe it is the reason I struggle too.

6. its difficult. Its like thoughts just pop into your head, and take off. And you completely forget what was happening just now

7. It's like you're inside my head. I'm very much the same. I've noticed that since I've started meditation I'm gaining more focus and slowly gaining more self-discipline. I don't really know what it is. I have theories but really I have no idea.

8. I also think I struggle with this. It's disturbing to me when people point it out because I'm just being myself and then I read about it because someone mentioned it and it made too much sense. Honestly maybe if I meditated like that guy I would do better but I tried and can't even comcentrate on that long enough to get any effects.

Just lookin for a lift

9. ADHD kinda similar. I can't sit still at work unless I have music to chill with. I'm also against medicine. I feel like that's not me.

Sent from my XT1028 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Im the same way- ADHD- its tough man, I often lose focus on what I was doing and have to think hard to remember what it is I started to do. And yeah I also have a hard time finishing things- theres no way to qualify it, really, however it is NOT a disability- Our brains are just wired differently and develop in different ways. I have been getting better about being on top of my shit, and I lose focus every now and then. it happens. Try to place some stability in your life- get a girlfriend, start going to the gym everyday - read a book. Get into the habit of staying consistent with different things, and you will find that completing tasks becomes a whole lot easier. Most people have no idea what I'm talking about because its wayyyy overdiagnosed, but hang in there. You'll figure shit out.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. But NEVER use it as an excuse- excuses are for losers. ADHD/ADD can be overcome, you just have to keep working at it.

12. #15 Old School Smoker, Jul 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2014
    I was prescibed amphetemines when I was a kid for my ADD. It got me wired, and at school,  I would sit at a bench by myself during recess and finish my spelling book.

13. I don't believe in attention disorders. I was diagnosed very young put on methylphenadate, and shortly after amphetamines. Later on even anti-psychotics,bi-polar,schizophrenic mood disorder. I felt so awfully bad all the time. Until i was 18 and told my parents i was never going to that doctor again. Life was so much better afterwards.
    Being in a dream state does not mean you are distracted. Believe it or not sometimes it can be caused by latharsicm, Basically being tired. But if you say "Oh, but i slept fine", That's not always the case. This can also becaused by lack of eating, and vitamin deficiencies. I've heard many more success stories from people who began living a healthier life. Walking once a day can clear your mind and make you focused again. Unfortunately all these labels seem to make people thing that they need medicine to cure it. When they arn't getting the energy they need. Sometimes it's just in your head too. I was put the amphetamines, and i would feel and function better when i didn't take it. So i don't know man. Just try some exercises, if you can't cope with it. See a doctor i guess, These are all great ways to help. Depression, ADD, ADHD, Even Bi-Polar system have been shown to improve from living a healthier lifestyle. Think about who is depressed it's the people who do nothing. and think nothing is for them. It's all mentality.

14. You should get on the GAPS diet, I was turning skitzophrenick and finally said enough and took action got on the diet and my symptoms are disappearing! It works for ADD too. We live in a processed world which is the cause of the epidemic of mental disorders. Eat natural foods from nature, not factories

15. Kind of sounds like symptoms all similar to bipolar, adhd, and ocd disorders in the medical world.

When you stop something do you not consciously realize it and want to finish it?