Da-Lus(Blaze) Ak-47 600W 3X3X6 Waterfarm Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Da-Lu, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Here goes my first official journal.

This will be my third grow, still halfway through the second.

I was sitting there watching Trailer Park Boys and it got me stolked. So I decided to change my routine. I have two tents, and one sits there most of the time (the 3x3x6) I just use it to veg two plants then transfer them to my 5x5. So instead of waiting another month to start vegging, I'm just going to get both tents rocking.

Started germing tonight.

Going to SCROG them.

Here is the specs:

2x AK-47 feminized
    3x3x6 SJ DR90
    600w lumatek digital ballast
    600w MH for veg, 600w HPS for flower
    6" air cooled hood
    80cfm duct fan, hooked up to the cool tube
    4" Can fan 190cfm mounted inside tent up top
    GH waterfarm x 2
    GH Flora Nova Bloom
    No airstones
    24/7 drip

Going to throw a 3x3 screen on em eventually.

No pics yet but they will come soon, I'm sure you guys have seen seeds sitting on papertowel before!

2. I know you will make this a work of art.

Get on it bro!

Subbed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. #3 Da-Lu, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014
    Snoop you da man!

You beat me to subbing!!!

Pressure is on now I better not frig up!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Built the screen today! Everything's ready to rock, just waiting for the beans to pop.

I might even do one plant, havnt decided yet! I'd just hate to throw away good seeds. I threw away two beautiful White Widow seedlings last grow. I decided to do two plants instead of four after I had started them!

Attached Files:

5. Here we go!

Less than 24 hours of germ time.

Just dropped em in the hydroton just to try something new. If this doesn't work I will just go back to good old rapid rooters.

Wish me luck!

Attached Files:

6. They are peaking out at me!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Getting bigger! Filled around the stem with some hydroton today.

Going to run them like I did the White Widows . A bit warmer than recommended. I'm running tap water this time though, did RO with the WW.

Air temp 86
    Res temp 84
    Ppm 210
    Ph 5.8
    600w mh about 3.5ft from plants
    Drip 24/7

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Four days since roots popped!

Could only get a decent photo of one for some reason. The other one is slightly smaller.

Ph 5.8
    Ppm 150

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. way to go dude, im subbed. whats the ppm of your tap water? are you counting the tap water in your ppm readings? I think your temps are high, especially the reservoir at 84 degrees :) you're good though, all the best.

10. Thanks holy
    My tap water ppm is 210. I do include it in my readings.

Yes my temps are high, I run them like that on purpose.

11. Sorry for the stupid question but what's the purpose of the mesh ? First time grower, just doing some research

• Like Like x 1
    He will train the plants to form a uniform canopy of vegetation for maximum production and efficient use of lighting.

The term is called a SCROG, screen of green

• Like Like x 2
  13. Cheers mate, I'll do some reading

• Like Like x 1
  14. #14 Da-Lu, Jul 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2014
    Well I was gone for a week and came home to a dead seedling! The ph had risen to 7.2.

The other one is fine though! I'm not upset at all I was thinking of ditching one anyways!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  15. that's why you don't just do one seedling. especially when you have to leave home for a week :) cheers

• Like Like x 1
  16. So question about the scrog....how do you do bucket/nute changes with the screen on top?!? Ive seen dwc before and they flushed every two weeks, how's that possible with that over the top??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    Typically the screen is mounted to the lid, the whole works is picked up and a new bucket is slid underneath.

Now if the solution is not slimy and there are no problems you don't change out the solution. The plants will drink it almost dry and you just keep adding perfect solution. 300-1100 PPM depending on the size and age, 5.8 PH and dump that shit in.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Snoops got it!

I pretty much just top up.

But if I do need to do a res change, I have the waterfarms on a piece of wood ( ikea shelf) about 4" thick. That way I can simply drain them by using the sight tube (blue water tube on the side of the waterfarm) and I left enough room between the top of the waterfarm and screen to pour a gallon jug in the top.

• Like Like x 3
  19. #19 Da-Lu, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2014
    If you have a drain on your floor that works as well. I have a drain on the floor which I use for my other system. If the drain tube doesn't reach the floor drain, a fish aquarium syphon acts as a good extension.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Did a res change last night. Everything seems back on track.

Ph 5.8
    Ppm 480

Did spill a bit of nute solution on one of the leaves causing a slight burn. Other than that this lady is doing well considering what she went through!

I took a side shot for lefty so you can see how I slightly elevate the bucket so I can completely drain the system. I use a one gallon water jug to empty/fill it.

Attached Files: