Help Choosing Nutrients For First Coco Attempt

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by kingkelly91, Jun 27, 2014.

1. I have the grow nutrient from roots organic an I'm curious if it would work with the coco. What i have read says it's for soil and that's what I use it for but just wanting to know if anyone has ever used it in coco with success or no if it would work or not?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Do they have any Mg/Ca/Fe ?

if no, proly need coco specific nuts, or additional supplements

3. you will need cal/mag supplement for coco.. i use a cap full ever watering

4. I've used the Fox Farms trio for two grows so far (5 plants total; Botanicare coco mix) and haven't had anything but positive results. Also, I never use Cal Mag even though it's recommended with Coco - haven't had any problems. However, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have Cal Mag on deck. 

5. I went with cns 17 so far having great results. If yo uh wanna sees check out my journal I'm vegging the coco lady's and the flower girls are almost finished.goong to flower the coco lady's with a combo of fox farm solubles and cns 17.

6. I second the CNS17, also good to have some protekt and calmag. You can read through the journal in my sig to see how much I feed my gals. 

7. #7 kingkelly91, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
    I use the Cal mag and also some Moab along with fox farm solubles beastie bloomz and chaching. Along with my cns 17 also put in the following liquid karma hydro guard silica blast.

8. I pulled almost 12lbs on 12 lights with 21 plants. Knat control is key.
    100% coco. 3 gallon geo pots. 1.6 EC through the entire flower except last 10 days of flush.

Attached Files: