First Dwc, Fluorescent Grow Journal

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by wgitwidow, Jun 27, 2014.

1. I have 6 different strains to choose from, Single 5gal  dwc bucket / single plant per grow

Green House Seeds Arjan's Haze #1,
                                     Hawaiian Snow,
                                     The Church,
                                     Cheese,
                                     Great White Shark
    -or-

Blimburn Seeds       Mango(Freebie)

Let the voting begin on which strain should be grown first. All of which are courtesy of Attitude Seed Bank.

Will be using General Hydroponics line of nutrients, Micro-Grow-Bloom-PH Up; PH Down.

PH/TDS Meters on hand, Seeds have been delivered, waiting on buckets and lights.

this will be a photo journal, may take a few weeks to get everything delivered, up and running, just figured an early voting would  be best to help me make my decision on which strain to grow first,

Attached Files:

2. anyone tried these strains, have an opinion on which i should go with for my first  grow without soil? 

Also I've been debating on which type of fluorescent light fixture would be best for a single plant; PL-55 and/or T5?

3. hey bud, I like the sound of Hawaiian Snow.

Can you give a better run down of your set up? do you have air for your water? a water cooler? wattage on the light? etc? People will be glad to help you if you start by giving as much information as possible.

also you should look up Lucas Formula for the GH set, you only need micro and bloom, the green bottle is entirely useless. if you feed them the recommendation by GH you will go far too high in EC. (EC is what a TDS meter really is for. ppms of water tell you its electrical conductivity rating which is well above 2.0 aka toxic if you use that feeding schedule)

I can't find the thread I want but here is a really good one you can read about that http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/457285-ph-ppmwhats-all-about.html

and you can find the lucas formula here http://lucasformula.com/
    remember his recommendations are for a 1000w HID light in best growing conditions so if you have a smaller light and a younger plant you may want to half the dosage etc.

4. I'm curious on how the Hawaiian snow does. When you say fluorescent grow, you aren't talking about trying to flower with them do you?

5. Never said that you couldn't just couldn't imagine being satisfied with a florescent yield. I'll watch and see how it turns out.  

6. I hope you flower those seeds with something worthwhile, i cringe when people grow good genetics with shit lights.

7. ^ What he said. If your just experimenting that's fine. If you are looking for a harvest that will last you till next grow season or longer I would recommend just vegging with those and flower with something bigger.

I smoke 1/3 of an oz a day. With fluorescents I might get three days of smoke.