Is It Safe To Order Supplies? Soil? Etc...

Discussion in 'Security' started by TechnicianGrower, Jun 27, 2014.

1. hey guys just wondering if id be safe ordering some ffof and superthrive i dont have no where else to ship it to but my place ive had seeds grt shipped here no problem but im worried someone might catch on with a big bag of soil and bottle of plant vitamins? i dont live in a legal state either so lemme know how you guys do it or if im safe thanks

"The pharmacutical industry doesnt create cures, they create customers"

2. any hydro stores in the area?
    that's the best way in my opinion, but I wouldn't worry about ordering stuff and having it sent to my door

3. no and the soil i can get is shit miracle grow... have you ordered stuff to your house like tht without a problem? even if you dont love in a legal state

4. Bro I've ordered so much grow stuff to my door w no issues. And not legal state. Go for it

Booooom!

5. yeah really don't worry about it

6. thanks guys :)

Miracle grow kicks ass if you know what to do with it.

8. #8 lFourTwenty, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014

Cut with 40-50% perlite

I know what to do with it  :ey:

Also OP..ordering soil might not be that feasible unless you're only getting 1 bag. The shipping cost alone would probably cost as much as the soil itself

Way too much perlite, I added none. I did put good home made compost under about 200 Lbs of miracle grow moisture control.

Seems to be working for me. :D

sog626a.jpg

Meant for seedlings 40-50% perlite lol

11. If you can't buy FF local, you should learn how to mix your own using peat moss, EWC, etc. There are plenty of organic recipes on here.

12. Yeah MG works fine just not great for when they are young and the company that makes it is not that great to support if you are against GMOs and stuff like that.

13. Amazon uses brown amazon box.  Nobody knows what you are getting, not even the delivery guy.  Free shipping too.

14. #14 jonny.blaze/420, Jul 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2014

Just a note... This is true if your order from Amazon is fulfilled by Amazon. If you are buying from a vendor selling on Amazon that is fulfilling their own orders it is best to contact the vendor and ask if their company name is on the packaging and if they use outer packaging over items. There are some Amazon stores that actually ship grow lights and tents in the original manufacturers package beautiful color pics and all. Last thing you want is a giant box with a pic of a 1000W HPS fixture and lamp on it sitting on your porch all day.

15. No. Hell no. Never send anything to your actual address related to your grow.  Send it to a girlfriend's, a friend's, whatever.  My buddy used to buy HPS lights, bulbs, etc online, always shipped to my address.  The one time he ordered it to his, he got a nice letter in the mail and no package.

16. #16 lFourTwenty, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
    I ordered my grow light hood off amazon..the box was the actual grow light box..a very colorful box with huge pictures of the grow hood on each side of it! I was kinda surprised they weren't more discreet. Good thing I was home and snagged it just as the ups guy delivered so it wasn't sitting there all day.

Also both my t5 lights were shipped in their original box..not discreet at all lol.  It's a good thing I didn't order them to my grow location, it would have made me paranoid.

17. i bet he didnt get raided though huh?

"The pharmacuetical industry doesnt create cures, they create customers"

18. I buy everything online except for medium and misc niche type stuff. You save a lot of money and there wont be any issues. Only thing is I buy bales of medium at a time so it would cost a ton to ship it, plus a lot of the time that's the one thing that isn't shipped in a discrete manner. I wouldn't buy bags of soil or anything unless you are fine with the delivery guy knowing what it is, everything else will come in a box no worries though.

Not him, my other buddy did though and equipment purchased online/sent via post was one of the things listed in his discovery packet. Spent a year upstate, missed his kid's birth. Shitty all around.

20. o sorry to hear that man... i wont be doing anything anytime soon so now worries for now anyways :)

so no worries for me now anyways i meant lol :)