Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help - Florida Chronic Pain Sufferer

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by MJRay, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Greetings:

FLORIDA Chronic Pain Sufferer. 

I live in Florida, am pro Gun / Republican but have liberal views. Don't know Colorado - never been to that state. I already know the San Fernando Valley of LA, but traffic, overpopulation and high cost of living is a bummer. No kids, divorced, early 50s. I'm financially good. I would never be a leach off society and I enjoy volunteering with abused/rescued Animals. I will maintain my Florida home and buy small Condo in California or another warm climate Pro-MM state.

Medical Marijuana helps my pain immensely. No other remedy does what MM does and Florida is at least three years out from the day people can walk in to a clinic and buy MM.  :wacko:

Any Advise - Much Appreciated.  :metal:

2. Anyone ?? 

3. #3 CheyCobb, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
    I'm a FL native and have lived in San Diego for the past few years. It's one of the best places I've every lived in the US. I lived in San Francisco for quite a while and I prefer that city, but San Diego has a lot going for it. Beaches, big harbor, city, country, mountains, and desert environments, all within an hour's drive. Condos downtown are really tiny and run about >$200K per bedroom. A 2 bdrom is approx 1000 sqft. We live downtown, don't need a car, and there are dozens of restaurants/shops around the block. Avg age in the city is mid-30s, so it has a young feel. Great parks and beaches. Not as liberal as LA and SF ... which is most noticeable in availability of MMJ meds here. All the storefronts for MMJ were forceably shut down about 3 yrs ago and most of the dispensaries here are delivery only (but menus are easily found). The city just made new regs for MMJ storefronts recently, which basically limits them to bad areas of town. So, we'll have to see how this shakes out.

The absolute best part for me is the climate. I have MS and can't regulate my body temp anymore, so dealing with 90 degree heat with 90% humitidy, first thing in the morning, was no longer an option. The temp range here is between 65-75. Honesly. You may think that feels chilly, but you quickly get used to it. Yes, there are days when it's warmer or colder, and it's always much warmer as you move out of town, but it seems to be always in the low 70s. Bonus, it's actually very arid here, despite being on the ocean, so the humidity is very low. I actually forget what time of year it is back East because the weather really never changes here. Of course, if I want seasons and snow, they are a short drive away. All in all, the biggest drawback is the expense, but all cities are expensive. It's still cheaper here than it is in SF.

4. Psychologists provide assessment and treatment services to individuals coping with chronic pain

5. Pain management here usually goes through the entire gamut. I have done it all; acupuncture, trigger point injections, massage therapy, physical therapy, surgeries, facet injections, steroid and other injections by the dozen. And of course opioids which work but the side effects are being couch locked most of the time in semi stupor.  

I would like to have at least the opportunity to try MMJ. After 32 years I am going through a medical board in the military. 3 of the 6 medical disqualifying issues I have are combat related.

My future is trying to get into the MMJ business, hoping the VA will one day advocate treating injuries for our service members. 

Find Derek Dorm over at MediJane.com he could answer a lot for you.via email and may even call you if you leave your number. 

6. #6 beaniegrl420, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
    Yeah, but even in San Diego, there are no walk-in dispensaries, only deliveries.

Sacramento has a few good ones, if you want to stay out of the higher populated areas like SF or LA. There are statewide deliveries as well, if you're ok with that, so, ideally, you can live where it suits you. Me, I'd probably pick Santa Cruz: smaller pop, beautiful vistas and really caring (walk-in) collectives.

New Mexico and Arizona are doing really well too, if you can scout areas that have dispensaries first. Im not as familiar, but have a friend who works at a dispensary in AZ...if you'd like more info, I can ask.