Guitarist Talk

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by ganjawrestler13, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Great to see a guitar thread like this! Some cool guitars on here and a lot of good music being talked about!
    I just got an EVH 5150iii 100w head a few months ago and a 4x12 with V30s. My god did Eddie know what he was doing with that amp. It's a phenomenal amp.
    Currently playing my Gibson SG through it. Putting the EMG 81/85 combo in her as we speak. In the meantime been playing an old Jackson Rhodes with EMGs.
    Some influences of mine are The Black Dahlia Murder, Necrophagist, Job For A Cowboy, The Faceless, Lamb of God and Trivium to name a few.
    Recently formed a metal band, can't wait to play a show soon!

Attached Files:

2. Ok so I might as well post my set-up too.
    From left to right:
    Taylor 110-E, PRS SE Custom and Fender Strat (American standard)
    The amp is a Fender Mustang IV (A really fun amp with a bunch of settings)

Attached Files:

3. Long time no see guys hahaha, I just ordered a modern player too! Dark red with a black pick guard, it's sexy man. I also have an explanation to you guys as to why I went missing for so long; I started a band with some of my buddies. We are bringing back Grunge and things are going pretty well so far!

"Every living thing on Earth dies alone"

4. U kno what's really hard for u guitarist to do? Stay in the pocket and play funk.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Cool

6. Soon to be mine, all mine ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1417903101.013513.jpg

7. Does anyone know where I can get a good deal on amps? I usually go to guitar center for all my needs but my band has a gig coming up so I'm in need of an upgrade, but all the big amps at GC are waaaaaay expensive

8. ^^check out pawn shops....always found something jnteresting, plus you might be able to haggle...also check out craigslist for some local musicians selling off old gear.

9. #169 stoneymcfade, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2014
    get something used, forsure. like he said, craigslist is good for that, or if you have enough time check out the used amps on the GC website. just type in whatever like "5150 used" or "Mesa used"  and you can look through all the shit and have whatever you like shipped to your nearest GC and you can try it out and shit there

But i do craigslist alot just because its convenient lol

pawn shops are cool too but you might have to do some haggling

10. Just got this LTD a couple weeks ago, nothing incredibly fancy but she plays like a dream, killer heavy and clean tones. I just picked up a set of Kerry King EMG's to put in her so once they're installed it'll be even better!

Sorry if the pics not great, I just snapped one real quick

Attached Files:

11. My brother got a really rad Martin Acoustic-electric for Christmas yesterday from my grandma so we had a little jam session for the majority of the day. Talk about family time lol hope you all had a merry Christmas!

12. Rush songs are so satisfying to play... My gear is a black cherry epi les paul tribute plus, a marshall amp (soon to be upgraded to a blackstar combo amp), and epi masterbilt dr500mce. best acoustic under 700 hands down, even sounds like most gibson acoustics..

13. 1974 Gibson Sg, all original gibson electronics, Grover tuners, chunky neck tuned to c# Standard
    IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/5cbrq1.jpg[/IMG]
    2009 lespaul studio w/ RS Guitar Works 50's wiring kit, Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge, Seymour duncan 59 in the neck, a graphite nut,
    Tuned to drop B, that's being worked on at the moment don't have a pic

Cool thread

14. The newest members of the family (the amp is much bigger than it looks I promise) ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1419954847.457226.jpg

15. Dude! I got the orange micro terror for Xmas that is the perfect I need a cheap amp that sounds killer but I don't wanna break the bank kind of thing, it screams man!! It's small and only 20 watts but good golly does it ever tear the roof off my house, you can get the head for 150$ us, and a cab for 100$ us I suggest getting a 2 cab set up for gigging tho, great amps, tube tone at a potheads price ;) play a good gig man

16. That's awesome dude it sounds like an investment worth making! Good looks on that man! Wish the best to you too

17. Favorite song to play along with has to be I need you by Lynyrd Skynyrd.

18. Let's not let the best guitar thread on gc with the best participants die! I have a question for all those listening; does anyone know how to play or know of a way to learn songs by Mother Love Bone? (The mother-band to Pearl jam) I haven't found tabs or videos at all, any help is appreciated!

19. My husbands other wives, Gibson Less Paul Custom in Ebony (Eleanor )and a Vintage Fender Stratocaster in Candy Apple Red (Mary Jane)

Attached Files:

20. Very clean guitars