Guitarist Talk

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by ganjawrestler13, Jun 26, 2014.

1. @[member="garrison68"] Didn't they have to cut holes in the speakers, due to there not being any distortion circuits? 

2. Yep I've seen this kid. He's a monster!

3. i've been playing since i was 9 years old and i still search for him on youtube for stuff. he's a great teacher.

4. Here's a question; what picks do you use for acoustic versus electric? The way I see it picks are like gloves, you gotta find the right one for the right purpose. I use .70mm for acoustic and usually .73mm for electric but I can go a little thicker if I have to, acoustic I strictly use .70 though. I used to use .63 for it but it just sounded sloppy

"Every living thing on Earth dies alone"

5. #105 Shiva Blaster, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014

I use thicker for acoustic, thinner for electric.  .6- .73 range usually.   Lighter picks for delicate pieces and strumming songs, chunkier if I'm rocking out or doing a lot of aggressive picking.

6. I only use .73 or 1.13 mm Dunlop tortex

7. I usually only play acoustic, without a pick

8. I use Jim Dunlop Jazz III guitar picks.

9. Embrace this. This headband is blowing my mind in ways it's never been blown before ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409192205.907175.jpg

10. @[member="ganjawrestler13"] There are other threads for that

11. #111 Shiva Blaster, Sep 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 5, 2014

12. I was gonna chirp too, but he did start this thread so he gets a little leeway  ;)  

13. Oh I apologize guys, I didn't realize my post didn't meet your standards. This entire website is founded on the plant so correct me if I'm wrong; but I believe it's acceptable. Thanks.

And you sir, are a dickbag to people on every thread you post on, so take the negativity somewhere else man.

14. Little wing is so much fun to play :)))

Rainbow family :)
    Wow really? Mr forum nazi over here

Rainbow family :)

15. #116 sky dog, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014

I know I've definitely read that Link Wray punched holes in his amp to get distortion at a studio-appropriate volume

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvxFOQqLzw4[/media]

I have a Fender American Standard Stratocaster in white with rosewood fretboard and a gold pickguard, an Epiphone Les Paul sunburst, but my favorite one is probably my Fender American Vintage '52 Telecaster

[​IMG]

16. #117 anonymouskush, Sep 6, 2014
    Delete

17. #118 Shiva Blaster, Sep 6, 2014
    Yup.  The first time he played Rumble, he achieved feedback and distortion by sticking the microphone inside his amp cabinet during a show.   For the studio recording and future performances, he poked holes in his amp speakers using a pencil to get that fuzzy distorted tone.   So badass.  

18. #119 garrison68, Sep 6, 2014
    That is the best guitar Fender ever made, IMHO.  Swap the bridge saddles for compensated ones, for better intonation. 

19. I'd like to put a Bigsby on it