Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help With Canna Caps Recipe? Aka Thc Capsules

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by immapuke, Jun 25, 2014.

1. I am looking into making cannacaps of my own, I was reading this recipe..
    \nhttp://beyondchronic.com/2011/01/how-to-make-your-own-canna-caps/
    \nThe recipe calls for 2 TBSP of coconut oil for a total of 40 capsules yielding 0.10g each. I just have a few questions..
    1. \tCan you use a regular sized crock pot for this? And when placing your oil/ground cannabis into the crockpot, do you place it alone in the crock pot or do you first place it in a small container or bowl? I also have heard that if you do this, you should put some water in the crockpot as it will not fully reach the right temperature without the water. Can this be clarified?
      \t\t
    2. \tIs it true the longer you cook the oil the more potent it will be? I am trying to yield as much of the active ingredient as possible as I want my capsules to be strong.
      \t\t
    3. \tIt says 2 TBSP of coconut oil fit the exact measurement for 4 grams yielding 40 capsules, and you later had to add some more as you lost 15ml when diluting the oil. I am looking to use about 10 grams of cannabis (a little over a quarter ounce) and I want my capsules to hold about 0.33g each; I want each capsule to be about a bowlpack's worth, and I figure you can get roughly 3 bowlpacks for every gram. I did the math and I calculated I would need about 5 TBSP of coconut oil which would yield about 30 capsules of 0.33g each. I would be using the #00 capsules.
      \t
    I'm new to edibles and it will be my first time trying them on my own, I was just hoping some experienced bakers/tokers would have some advice or could fix my math if it's wrong. Thanks.
    \n