John Boehner Plans To Sue Obama Administration

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Old School Smoker, Jun 25, 2014.

1. House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) confirmed Wednesday that he intends to sue the Obama administration over its use of executive actions, which have been used to push through initiatives without congressional approval.
    "I am," he told reporters at a weekly briefing on Capitol Hill. His intention to sue the administration was reported Tuesday.
    Asked if his plan could lead to impeachment proceedings in the House, as some have called for, Boehner demurred.
    "This is not about impeachment," he said. "This is about faithfully executing the laws of our country."
    The speaker declined to provide details about which executive actions he intends to challenge in court.
    "When I make that decision, I'll let you know," he said, adding that "when there is conflicts like this between the legislative and administrative branch, it's our responsibility to stand up."
    "We've seen clearly an effort to erode power of the legislative branch," he added.
    Often stymied by a recalcitrant Congress, President Barack Obama declared 2014 a "year of action" and issued executive orders on immigration, the federal minimum wage and federal pay discrimination. His Environmental Protection Agency further plans to unveil unprecedented regulations to curb greenhouse gas emissions from coal-fired power plants.
    Obama's executive actions have prompted some to call for his impeachment. The South Dakota Republican Party did so last week, when it passed a resolution citing in part the proposed EPA regulations. Rep. Lou Barletta (R-Pa.) claimed that the House could "probably" impeach Obama if the matter were brought to the floor.
    UPDATE: 2:51 p.m. -- In a memo addressed to his colleagues on Wednesday, Boehner officially announced his plans to introduce legislation in July that would authorize the House General Counsel to sue the Obama administration and "compel" the president to fulfill his oath of office to enforce existing law.
    "If the current president can selectively enforce, change or create laws as he chooses with impunity, without the involvement of the Legislative Branch, his successors will be able to do the same," Boehner wrote in the memo. "This shifts the balance of power decisively and dangerously in favor of the presidency, giving the president king-like authority at the expense of the American people and their elected legislators."
    It's still unclear which executive actions Boehner means to challenge, but the memo names a few areas, including health care, energy, foreign policy and education, that the president has "repeatedly run an end-around on the American people."

2. LOL guess who picks up the tab?

3. I'd like every president to be held accountable for violating the Constitution. I see this as fruitless, but we'll see.

4. This is perfect, by having this circle jerk both sides are not able to push forward with efforts to fuck up our country even more.

I hope it last for years.

Meh, a couple Hellfires runs up a bigger tab, and we all know how much Obama loves those. Although I don't think they use Hellfires specifically anymore.

6. soverign immunity.....? you cant sue the gov.?

am i missing something or is this perhaps just a plea for attention when the guy knows he cant actually do anything?

7. Of course you can sue the government. That's part of the reason they have an attorney general for.

8. Lol I dont care how it's pronounced, his name looks like Boner to me.

Boehner is a fucking retard, i actually hate him more than i hate obama.

9. it probly is boner. His family probly just tell everyone its bayner cause they don't like boner

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. #11 mandrin13, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
    1 thousand dollars says he cries regardless to if the decision is for, or against him. :cry:

11. Didn't they just say they not going to sue or was that something else?

12. The outcome of this lawsuit depends largely on which judge they get, which says this legal system could use a bit of tweaking.  When SCOTUS split 5-4 it's little different from flipping a coin.  Maybe if judges and Obama would follow the Constitution as written instead of doing what they think it should say we'd have a system we could depend on.

13. #14 LuxTenebris, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
    Is there a particular reason this section is "Israel israel israel isreal israel israel russia israel israel" right now, seems like since its come to light as of July 30 or 31st or so, the lawsuit was approved 225 to 201, that thered be some discussion of this, as its pretty fucking big the president is getting sued.

And if something actually comes of it, well thats amazing, the president actually being accountable instead of untouchable

14. I hope we put term limits on how long people can serve in congress, so that we put an end to this career of fucking around on the taxpayers dime bullshit.

15. Personally I think there should be an age limit to represent as well

There's a A LOT of 70+ year old representatives in this country. And I'm sorry but most 70+ year olds struggle with knowing/having the connection with the modern day.

16. I disagree, I think there's a lot of older people who are in touch with reality, and that's why they're not to be found in Congress. 

17. #18 pickledpie, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014
    I came here because boehner/boner

18. We have the weirdest boehner right now..

19. That may be reasonable but why 70 instead of 69 or 65 or 75?  If a person is competent at 69 should they be eliminated from office the day after their 70th birthday?  Maybe also institute a minimum age of 30+ to weed out those youngsters who have no connection with the past. Who gets to pick the right age for discrimination? How about a test to make sure only those with enough knowledge of past and current events can vote but then who gets to write the questions?  It may be best to elect whoever appears to be the best person for the job regardless of gender, age, race, religion, or orientation.