Oil Adapter For Existing Bong?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by Credible Hulk, Jun 25, 2014.

1. I want to try concentrates and I've been doing the research to find out what will work best for me. I'm looking at glass rigs, bubblers, pipes etc. I was planning on getting a separate setup but I found a pretty nice looking oil adapter set for bongs. It comes with a quartz nail and a 14-18 mm adapter, as well as the dome itself. 

Since I haven't dabbed before, I'd like to make sure this setup would work before investing. My main concern is that my bong is fairly large (12 inches) and I've read that for dabbing you need a smaller pipe or at least a narrower tube (to inhale). 

I don't really want to spend a lot of cash until I know dabbing will work for me. My other choice would be to invest in a good TI or quartz nail, and buy an "entry-level" rig for starters. 

Thoughts?

2. Sounds like you are off to a great start with the thinking lol.

Nail is really important since that's what you are going to be smoking off of, if your bong has a 14 or 18 mm there are two nails inpaticular I would recommend because you wouldn't have to buy a rig, and if you do decide to buy another one one day you won't have to buy a new nail

First is the infinity nail. Fully customizable and can fit both 14 and 18 mm joints and both female and male joints. This nail is my personal favorite because you can adjust it infinitely! Higher, lower, better heat retention, enail adapters, faster heat dissipation if you don't want your joint to get hot. This nail doesn't really heat up your joint though. I can usually grab it and throw it on another nail bare handed. Also cheap replaceable heads will save you money in the long run. It's hefty and a good amount of TI. With a price tag of $150 at most stores it's more likely on the majority of if peoples wish list rather than they're shopping cart but if your going to get in to concentrates and can spare the money this is my this is the Rolls-Royce of nails.

The second is a similar nail by silka, fits both 14 and 18 male and female and also features replaceable heads. However this nail is not customizable and by design will hear up your joint which can cause it to break if not careful. This nail is cheaper but the replacement heads are more expensive.

If you plan to buy a nice rig id say get the good nail first then a nice rig. Not the other way around.

Got my second Infiniti coming in the mail so I can keep one rig in my car! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I would just start with a domeless quartz nail.  No reason to start with a big Ti investment, especially pre-dedicated-rig.

4. Update: I first ordered the Infiniti online from a local head shop, but then decided to go to the shop in person to see it firsthand and ask the staff questions. 

The sales guy suggested the Dualiti instead. It's made to fit male 14 and 18 mm joints, and is not adjustable; however, it's made from the same ti as the Infiniti and it's domeless. The guy showed me that this nail can fit on a 10 mm joint as well. 

Then I bought a small beaker rig, very simple with three-hole downstem so not too many bubbles. Ti dabber, torch, butane.

Now all I need is something to dab... coming early next week.  :metal:

5. #5 Jimmy Carter, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014
    sooo you got an infiniti or a dualiti? :p

I think the infiniti kills the dualiti's any day. the triniti's are cool cause they fit 10mm but other than that, they get your joints super fucking hot and you cant replace the heads when they get all oxidized

Duh sorry, when Hulk stoned, no write good... 

Yes I did go with the dualiti. I hadn't heard of the triniti; didn't see one on the web or at the head shop. I do agree with you re the infiniti being better -  you get what you pay for. If I had some experience with dabbing I'd have gone with it. But I just wasn't comfortable investing nearly $200 CAD in a nail at this point. As I gain experience with concentrates, I plan to upgrade the nail and/or rig as needed. Or I might try something like a skillet. In the meantime the extra cash I was going to spend on the infiniti has gone towards a better quality torch and thicker glass rig.

FYI I found that the dualiti does fit on my 10 mm rig joint, despite being made to fit 14 and 18 mm. The base of the dualiti is cone-shaped and it fits neatly over the joint. 

7. It will fit in top but it won't have an air tight seal. Duality will get your joint hot as shit. And once it's oxidized and doesn't retain heat it's gonna be a full replacement as the heads don't come off of it

8. 200??? ouch :cry:

I wouldnt bother with a skillet, you basically have to take a hot dab, theres no way around it :p

9. #9 Deleted member 616232, Jul 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
    Domeless quartz nails are so easy to use and fit right on my regular bong. I love that all I have to do is change the bowl if I want to use my bong, or take out the bowl and stick on the domeless quartz nail if I'm using concentrates.

Best $30 I could have spent.

10. you dont clean it before dabbing out of it?

11. Clean what? The domeless nail? I do have to scrape it out every once in awhile and get the resin out of it.

I am not using the same thing ( domeless nail)  for concentrates as smoking bud.

12. He is asking if you don't clean your rig and just go from weed to oil like it's nothing.

Trim Nazi

13. ^ yeah cause that's gross af!

14. Yeah, I do go from wax or this powdery crumble, to smoking bud in the same bong. I just put a bowl in instead of the domeless nail.  The concentrates don't really get my bong dirty. I do clean my bong often if I smoke bud out of it. I vape a lot too, so , smoking bud with the bong is really not my favorite.

I have a special oil pipe that I use too,the regular kind with a nail and separate dome. I seem to always be switching around from joints and vaping in the daytime and using concentrates at night .

Wasn't the original question how to use concentrates without spending a bunch of money? I just ordered 3 domeless quarts nails for $15 online. They are handly little buggers.

15. thats kinda nasty lol :p

16. But do you go from flower to oil as well? Or only from oil to flower,

17. thats what I thought he was doing lol

18. I don't think he gets why we're asking cause he said he switches from oil to flower and that oil doesn't get his bong that dirty.

OP. Dabbing of a piece with any amount resin from flowers makes your oil taste like shit!

So do you go back and forth between flower and oil without cleaning?

If so,..... That's gross af! 😷😷

19. #20 Deleted member 616232, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014
    No . I will use the bong if I am in a hurry. I keep my bong clean. I am kind of OCD about it. It drives me nuts if I can see anything on the inside of the glass. It's not a fancy one, it's clear. If there is something stuck on it, I use alcohol and any kind of wire to get to where something might be stuck.

I  mostly use my oil pipe for concentrates, but it really burns my throat, even if there is water in it. So I have to wait awhile in between dabs. If I am in a hurry, I will use my bong if it's clean. It usually is, because I dump out the water as soon as I use it. I hate bong water. Like I said, I rarely use it anyway cause I think (maybe it's all in my head) that when I vape, I don't get the munchies as much. So I mostly vape in the daytime, and dab at night when I need to winde down.