Supercrew/large Cab Owners

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Vegas_Fire, Jun 25, 2014.

1. I am looking to get a sound system for my truck (sub and amp) and am having trouble deciding on what setup I should run.

I own an 04 f150 lariat, super crew. If anyone owns one or a truck of similar size, feel free to share what setup you went with, such as size of your sub and if you have one or two.

2. Damn 452 views and not one person with even a comment on if they a 1 or 2 sub setup

3. #3 organicpandemic, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2014
    different vehicle but my old ute i just had a 12" kenwood and box stuffed in behind the drivers seat, worked well but obviously took up space. if i was to do it again i would just get a slimline. the cabs that small anyway that anything more is generally going to be to overpowering

something like this http://www.focal.com/en/access/468-bomba-bp20.html

4. #4 El Duderino, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2014
    an F-150 huh? you could have a couple 10's or 12's installed in a slim box either under or behind the rear seats. 
    [​IMG]

or just remove the rear seats entirely and just set up a large vented box with 15's.

your possibilities are limited to your budget.

[​IMG]

5. Do you guys know if I use a slim box that fits under my seat, does it effect the sound/quality of the sub?

6. a little because there is something in the way! BUT it means you are sitting on the sub so vibrations will come up your chair. 

7. have your woman(s) soak the seats before you arrive at your destination!

but sound quality shouldnt really diminish. they're subs! i woud install mesh covers for the speakers themselves just to keep the seat backs off the face. 

8. Thanks guys. Yeah they would be under my back seats so I guess I won't feel them directly like that but if the sound isnt diminished. Def will put some mesh over them.