First Outdoor Grow In Maine

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by darren reefnugs, Jun 24, 2014.

1. that was just from 2 hangers..about 15 branches. i had 3 ms universe total. so far the total weight has been about 6 ounces for all 3. still more to finihs and jar so it could be more, and as the cure finishes the weight will go down some. 

yeah its only "early" in the sense that it could have gone longer. the trichs were where i like them to be, but the appearence isnt as dense as id like. 

yeah thats a terrible caregiver. i had one that was always out. like weekly hed be out. coudlnt keep up

2. ahhh got to love newbies. been trying to help another patient get the right direction as far as growing his own, except this dude is litening to some moron giving him terrible advice. 4 plants and he is only gonna use 1 50 watt cfl for the entire thing. then he went to order a tent and almost ordered a 3' high tent for his grow space. 

man i fear this guy is just not getting it. ive been helping him for weeks and he doesnt listen to me, then complains when his "friends" give him bad advice. at what point do you just give up? im trying to help this dude as he really needs the meds, but its so annoying when they dont follow the advice they ask for

3. :bongin: Lol Dear Jesus that's rough.
    Im a noob, but I know better.

Ive read 100 watt per plant minimum and then something like +50 per extra plant?
    I made this mistake with my last grow thinking I could sprout and veg with a single cfl, it really doesn't work.
    And just to think he would have it hanging in a 3 foot tent sound absurd lol.

Don't cfl only penetrate like 5 inch ? Its stupid he wouldn't take your advice.
    Is money an issue for him? hope he smartens up for his own sake ! :smoke:  :smoking:  

4. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink you know. If cash was his concern you could always build a tent much cheaper than buying. Frame up some 2x3 plastic it all in, $40-50 for a decent size area. Some scrap wood you can build a decent cabinet pretty cheap. No scrap wood osb is like $12 a sheet. Mylar or you can just paint the damn thing. Of course he won't be growing anything using one cfl. I don't personally believe in using them for anything but maybe cloning. Led or hps, supposedly plasma works good but pricey. You have to spend money to save money. A decent fluorescent tube light might be okay until it comes time to flower. No substitute for hps or real Sun.

5. this dude is a total moron even without talking to hi about growing, but i felt like i should try to help him since he seems to need it so badly. i think he has no concept of memory as ive told him where to go to read up on growing. i even told him to come to Gc. hes too busy listening to some idiots who have never grown before. now i just laugh at him when hes not around. i know its mean but hes just not getting it. i still have things to learn but i feel i can help out a dude get started at least, but you cant help someone who doesnt wanna listen.

on a grow note, ill be jarring the rest of my dried buds today. i think i let them dry for too long :(. i was trying to keep caught up on trimming but work got in the way. now im gonna jar them and hope to get a good cure before they totally dry out. 

i also ordered a screen for some dry keif sifting. once its been sifted then ill use it to make butter. my bro brought some fudge he made from my trim...ill be sampling it on my next day off. so far my total weight has been about 7 ounces, but ive smoked some of it as well. i wish my phone had a camera that i could use in daylight, i feel my phone is amazing until the camera comes on. im pissed because thats the one thing i really wanted in this new phone. im feeling a trip to the cell phone store is in order and the girl that smooth talked me into this hunk of junk my be using my phone to take pics of up her ass. haha

6. heres some photos from before the cut. i harvested the top buds last weekend, was gonna do more tomorrow but its pouring outside. rain for tomorrow too.

heres some of the ms universe miss universe.jpg center end.jpg

some sour deisel sour diesel.jpg
    and the mystery beasty end.jpg end corner.jpg kush/critical plants 

7.   I've got the same issues with a friend I give clones to.. He just won't listen so I've stopped trying to offer advice.. He can grow big plants but they smoke awful.. Harsh chemical ferts and over dried with no cure.. He keeps asking why my smoke is so much smoother then his considering they are the same strains but then won't follow my advice.. Ahh well to each their own I suppose.. When He's ready to learn He'll come asking..
      I'm in So Cal and the high heat and low humidity will ruin all my hard work in just a few hours of inattention..
    Here is one of the better threads on drying and curing.. https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=3112013#post3112013

It's all about the slow dry here.. I take my plants down after just a day or 2 of hanging and start to control how much they are exposed to our stone dry air.. Rather then try and burp dozens of jars for a week I use cut down paper bags and an ice chest or a trash can if I have that much.. left over night the weed sweats more of it's internal moisture and evens out the dry.. I'll put the bags out for the day early on and in the chest at night.. gradually spending less time out of the container as things dry.. The whole trick is to never drop to far to fast.. 62% is your finish numbers and that just happens to match the Boveda humidity packs  for herbal storage.. Funny how that works out..
    http://www.bovedainc.com/store/herbal/#c I use a 60 gram size 62% humidity in a 1/2 gallon jar for long term cure.. Up to 12 months or longer
    [​IMG]

This set at 61% was perfect and got jarred yesterday..

8. Holy cow the sour diesel stinks! Been trying the top buds up before the rain comes.

9. now that im not on my phone its much easier to type. did some trimming of the sour D last night and boy does it stink. not even a good msell just that foul gas smell. will not be growing this again haha, not unless its super potent. free clones are free so i cant complain. so far its been a good harvest. still have popcorn nugs on 3 plants, and havent even decided it ifs worth the effort to cut them they are that small. just have 1/2 of this sour d plant left to do and im finally done chopping

10. Finally got if all cut down. Learned to not put them in jars too early. I lost a jar to mold. Now I dry it longer before drying.

11. hopefully i can get the last of it trimmed and jarred today. i ordered a new scale and some calibration weights. will be interestign to see if my old scale was off. doesnt matter really just curious on total weight. so far ive weighed 1.25 pounds. not bad for my first time and all the bug issues.

12. jarred the sour D tops. just the best buds this time. got 1.7 oz from just the tops. im gonna keep these seperate from the rest of the plant. that way i can use the best buds when i need them the most. i know they all prolly are the same but i get more joy pulling out a big nug instead of a few smaller ones

13. man ive been so busy ive been lacking on this thread.

SMOKE REPORT: mystery kush and critical i call it "random green buds" haha

TASTE: taste is real good. almost a fruity aftertase left in my mouth. even smooth in joints. i made a waterfall bong and used that, and it was smooth at first, then a bit stale. not much on taste as im not very sensitive to flavors.

SMELL: smell is good. again kinda fruity. im guessing the kush must be some cross with a fruit type strain, but im not sure. 

APPEARANCE: nice green solor even after a few weeks of being dry. (the ms u is turning a more brown color as it cures) very frosty. 

BUZZ: the high is amazing. since trying this i havent touched anything else, even the stuff from my caregiver that i had left over and his shit is GOOD. this stuff hits you right away. after the first bowl i feel super baked. like not wanna get up baked. shared a blunt with my bro and his gf (shes a card holder as well, he needs one too but is too cheap) he said it is better then anythign he gets locally. not too bad.

OVERALL: wish i knew what it was, but knowing its a kush im sure i can find somehting similar. would grow again anytime. 4 out of 5. woudl give higher if i let it go longer to fatten up more. not counting appearance it be 4.5. gos stuff and nothing can be perfect, but i feel this smoke is very good compared to anything out here. id love to get this tested to see how good it is or if im just not getting enough other good weed to compare this to

14. Total weight of buds is just under 700 grams. Then there's easily an ounce or four of popcorn buds. Gonna dry sift then then edibles.

15. Dry weight 700g? Wow I am hoping for 300g good work man. Sunligdt kicks my hps lights ass. Being a fellow mainer how up are you on outdoor grow laws? I got my card and all just don't really know anything about outdoor. You have to have a six foot fence right but can it be a chain link fence with padlock? What other requirements are there? I only ask because app you are the outdoor maine guru.

16. for outdoor you have to have a 6' fence that is obscured. basically it cant be see thru. i use a chain link dog kennel and cover the fence with tarps. then i put 2 locks in it. one on the latch, the other on a chain that wraps around the door.

i dont know if im the guru haha, ive seen others from around here with some real beasts. i could have easily tripled what i got had i not had so many issues. either too hot of soil and it burned my girls, or the bug damage. thanks tho for the compliments. im sure ill be asking you for indoor tips soon, my lights arrived the other day