First Outdoor Grow In Maine

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by darren reefnugs, Jun 24, 2014.

1. girls are looking good today. there is a noticeable amount of yellowing in the lower leaves, but ive heard thats normal for flowering. dont know what "week" im on but buds are really starting to form on half my girls. 

i did get a new phone! i ordered it today so it should be here by the weekend. that will allow me to post plenty of photos. sorry ive been so slow with photos and updates, working 2 jobs does that to a guy. at least now i can upload some nice bud shots. 

the purpling has slowed, so im thinking it was from all that rain then cold nights. 

2. gave them some more nutes today...they looked a little hungry

i have some phots now and ill upload some more later. some good looking buds coming in. even have another tuning purple..at about the same time as the bucket plant did (bud sizes are about the same when the first one started showing purp) im guessing that these are the ms universe. i dont think sour diesel has a purple color to it but ms u does

Attached Files:

3. had my grower buddy stop by for a progress check. he is amazed at the turnaround from the last time he was here. even though they are a bit N hungry they seem to be doing great. 

heres a new photo of one i didnt add the other day

Attached Files:

4. damn corn borers! went out to water and found that one of the tops had snapped. the larva had eaten into the stem so much it just fell off. at least i can dry it out and sample some super early, probably going to give me a headache smoke haha. its sticky but all the trichs are clear still. might just save it for the harvest and add it to the hash pile. or smoke it either way its all good. i knew this might happen when i found the "solution" for these insects...basically watch your plant fade and die. not much i can do to get these buggers out now.  by the time i learned what they were it was too late. thank god i can grow indoors soon. im hoping next year that the borers will be gone. im gonna find a new spot to grow so i can avoid the bug problem that this area has

5. Plants are looking great man. I would definatly get a roof over them during flowering though. How are night temperatures?

6. Has the infestation spread to all the plants or just the one?

7. Looking great! As a former new englander its always nice to see some Downeaster bud! Keep it rollin'

8. id like to get somethign over them but i ran out of money that i had for this years grow. temps at night are in the mid 50s right now. im sure ill have some mold, and some more tops lost to the buggers, but ill be more prepared next year. wont have to worry about a budget as much.

oh its on all of them. ive never seen them on MJ before. i usually see them on trees on the sides of the freeway. so by the itme i figured out what was going on it was too late. they are everywhere. some plants are worse then others. my thought it to try and fight them as best as i can and ride this year out. they have all but thrashed one of my plants. im hoping they will just stay on that one and leave the rest alone, but the top i found broke was a plant that had barely shown signs of the bugs

9. well went to give them a looksie before my busy weekend. i did water again but i know i wont get to do it tomorow or sat. i think i will be all good when it comes to flushing haha. i cant keep up with the N intake for these ladies. im hoping that it will slow a bit so that when the last few weeks come there will still be leaves left of the plant. 

10. damn no wonder im gettign so much yellow. it has been 2 weeks since i fed the ladies. beginers woes haha

11. so i just realized i havent fed the plants in like 2 weeks! ive been so busy lately i must have forgotten. there has to have been a feeding that i didnt record on here. 

some good news is that broken branch i found last week is dry enough to smoke. ive only smoked about 3 tokes and im feeling the buzz. not sure how long or how good it will be because it was early, and its harsh to smoke because i left some of the smallest leaves on, they were too sticky to remove them. maybe if i was making hash or something. oh well next bowl needs to be in the water bong,

wow so i spaced out there before i finished my post. it may not look like a nice buds, but it did get me pretty high.  sample nugs.jpg

i tried to get a pic of the snippet i cut to check trichs. i was curious what it was as the hairs are 50/50 white to brown. it looks like its got a few clear left and a very few amber and then the rest cloudy. mind you that this is only a tiny peice of the leave that sticks out of the top nuge. just enough to allow me to use my microscope. 

id be glad to find something that i wouldnt need to cut them to see them
    trichs 9-10.jpg

12. i knew i had fed them. i gave them nutes and forgot to post because i didnt have time. i fed them on sept 4th, for the record

13. Things look great considering man. Before I left Ohio and moved out west, I had an entire corn field destroyed by these bastards. Quick, determined, hungry little fuckers. Glad you were able to sample the bugs, at least the broken top wasn't a complete loss. Will be looking forward to seeing your future indoor grows. http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1324990-Noob-Here.-G8Led-First-Grow

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    Nugs*

14. thanks..im glad im not the only one to have these buggers. did anything you tried help with them on your corn? ive been readign and found that nobody can stop them once they are settle in your garden. 

the buds were a bit harsh, but they werent flushed or dried properly and had a bit more leaf then my liking. overall the high was good and lasted for a couple hours. i cant wait til they are all done. im hoping the cold can hold out until oct 1st. that is my magic day. if i can make it to that day then i should have some dried bud for my birthday in oct. if its shorter then ill have some that just isnt as dense. right now the bigger buds look good. 

15. That's awesome bro, and to be honest we just cut it down and burnt the crop. Couldn't take the chance of our 25 acre parcel infecting the 1250 acres surrounding.

16. It was a major bummer as it was an heirloom variety that we had limited seed stock, but it would have killed us had we lost all 1300. Those bastards don't mess around, as fucked as it is to say, I'd rather have mites or gnat infestations any day.

17. i wish the sick plants guide would include something on them so others can fight them off before its too late.

18. so i checked the trichs of one of the faster plants. about 80% cloudy 20% amber. i decided to chop her down, i had some free time and she looked ready. plus knowing that its the smallest plant i had out there i needed to get some trimming done while i had the time. its getting COLD here now...like low 60s during the daytime, so i know full harvest will be soon. ill post pics later when they are all dry and ready for the cure. i ended up with a grocery store bag full when i trimmed them off the plant. this includes stems though so not a huge yield. very frosty and very purple. 

my tent is shipped out today for my indoor grow. now all i need is some lights. im talking with a manufacturer about some new lights but ive got to convince the boss aka my wife that its worth the money. she doesnt grow or smoke so for her its just a waste of money. hopfully i can convince her as this is a deal too good to pass up. 

maybe once i start harvesting the outdoor ladies and she sees how much i can pull and NOT have to buy, then she will be ok with it

19. Hey sorry couldn't find the genetics of your plants? Love all the outdoor room you got man! Nothing beats real sun! How is the chopped bud treating you? all dried and cured? How much did you pull? got anything else on the go?

Cheers man!
    Shaynesaw :metal:  :bongin:

20. growing one kush, one critical but not sure which is which or what the exact strain of kush it is, was super stoned when i got the clones. then i have 3 sour deisel and 3 ms universe.  

i havent tried the chopped bud yet as its still drying. i have no clue on how much dry eight it will be but when i was cuttin her down i filled a grocery store bag. most of it was stem and such but still is hefty bag. i only chopped the one because it was ready (80 cloudy 20 amber trichs). i still have 5 good sized plants left to go. 

this is the one that got the chop and shes the smallest of the group bucket baby.jpg