First Outdoor Grow In Maine

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by darren reefnugs, Jun 24, 2014.

1. nah.. its July 25th, Everybody will start flowering this week or no later then August 15th.. Then let them flower intill September 21st-October-12th and you're flowers will be at Max rezin production and size!  :smoke:  :smoking:

2. 3 sour deisel, 3 ms universe, 1 something crossed with kush, and a critical..i think critical mass. the 2 that i only have 1 of i got realllly baked and forgot to write the full name down. the 3 of each werent labeled when i got them :( so i couldnt tell you which was which. 

3. the only sucky part about not knowing when they start to flower is not knowing how many weeks are left until you flush the soil for the end. guess it will be the last part of sept. 

4. you shouldnt be flushing if you went all organiccc!!  :smoking:

5. 2 days of rain is finally over....now lets get the sun out to dry up the soil a bit. plants looking great today.

6. will try to get photos later...but im thinking i can figure out which of the 6 are the same. a few are starting to have hairs gather are the tops. i know that the sour d and universe wont finish together. he said one will finish a short time before the other. this can be a way to figure out which is which

7. fuck me man...found out what the hell is wrong with the limp tops. a worm is eating the branches hollow! sprayed with BT after cutting off a top and slicing it open to find some larva in it. this is the entry point that the larva took. a small brown hole with what looks like loose dirt coming out. the second is of a wormy thing that was dead of a leaf when i came back to snap photos. the BT had already been sprayed so hopefully it pulled it out of the hole and killed it

Attached Files:

8. everything is perking up today. i have some kelp meal/alfalfa in my brewer that i will be bubbling for 2-3 days. by the time its ready they will be ready for their next watering. then after this watering ill give them full on bloom nutes. i may even add that in with the kelp/alf stuff when i water next. im trying to feed water water but the rain makes it so hard. im feeding every 10-14 days and my plants should be getting more. i dont want to over water either. 

9. so i gave them a nute dose today. "week 3" of flowering. i also gave them a touch of the kelp/alfalfa water as well. it was only a gallon so it wasnt a whole lot per plant, but im not sure if it will even do anything haha. 

i have all 8 plants effected by that bug. i noticed some webs on tree branches near my grow area on an apple tree. i know these are some kind of moth and im guessing they are using my ganja as a breeding ground for their larva. fuckers! plus i drove through town to get dinner and noticed IM THE ONLY GUY WITH THE STUPID MOTHS MAKING NESTS IN MY TREES. literally NO trees all the way into town had the webbing.

no pics...my usual camera is having issues with keeping charged. even with new batteries it wont stay on, and my wife isnt home with her phone.

on a side note..should i be trimming the undergrowth? like the bottom branches that wont produce anything and lower foliage?

10. ha dot water today...got tired of waiting for the rain that never shows. plants started looking thirsty. they all look good. noticed a japanese bettle in there tho...squished him good. those fuckers are mangling my rasberries. been working this week so no time for my wifes camera. i know someone wants to see photos. i can tell you they are feeling the strecth of flower season. alot of "sativa" looking growth...really tall and large spaces between nodes. i did remove all lst ties so they can grow tall, and even after 4 days they havent bothered to move from their tied down spots.

had to water my flowers too...damn things were near dead. so sick of the weather report saying rain then it not showing

11. Glad things are still going good,,, I hear ya on the wether report

Sent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. i had my grower friend stop by. he hadnt been here in like 3 weeks..he saw them and was amazed at how well they were doing for a first timer. some bug issues but overall he was pleased. made me feel good knowing im doing a good job

13. watered on the 10th...then let them dry out. gonna feed them today. ive noticed that 7/8 have hairs gathering :) im hoping the last one shows soon. i even have 1 that looks like it has trichs on it, but it could have been my eyes playing tricks on me. its got alot more hairs gathering then the rest. id almost call it a budsite, except its not thick enough yet

14. so i gave them some nutes for flowering. they all looked thirsty. was hoping to use my wifes fancy new camera but she isnt home and dont know where she left it. riiight haha. i did notice soem bad news....my excess pile of super soil i had set aside when i split the mixture..is infested with ants! i have some potted apple blossum plants that had some low soil so i threw some of the super soil on top...it was showing extreme N def...or it was rootbound. either way i figured more soil would be good. didnt realize ants were in it till i wtered the soil. SO GLAD i didnt use that for indoor plants

15. today i have some good news and bad news. 

good news is my 2 largest plants are having the hairs come out yay!

bad news is the last 2 days have been rainy, and on eof the girls in the corner of my area fell over. the roots were still in the ground but the plant was tipped over. all the shoots have a bend on the tops from leaning against the fencing. i staked the main stalk and then tied the stalk to the fencing.

worse than that...my corn/hemp borer problem is starting to take its toll. came out today to find a plant REALLY yellow and when i went to check the leaves and pull dead ones off i found a worm/larva going from the main stem to another big branch. i managed to pull him out and squish him but there is a gaping hole in the main stem from where it ate its way out. the whole plant looks bad and i know i have to cull 2 before they get too far into flowering...so it looks like this one may be going. also my 3rd best girl has a hole in the main stem as well. seems like the rain really made these critters hungry. 

man i cant grow indoors fast enough haha. def. learned alot this year about bug PREVENTION. so much easier to prevent than do damage control on a pest that live inside your plant

16. #37 darren reefnugs, Aug 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2014
    just to note after looking at pictures...i DO have corn borers. the larva look exactly the same as the one i killed today. sad thing is i dont have corn anywhere near my grow...for miles around

i did notice that the one thats flowering the fastest has some purple showing. looks like someone came by and splattered purple paint on the leaves. im sure it is some ph issue or nute lockout or somehting...but it makes the plant look pretty. 

17. finally took some pictures...but they arent of the best quality. tried using my wifes fancy camera and my eyes must be off. they looked perfect when i took them but when i uploaded they turned blurry.  you can see the buds growing though! when i get them finished resizing ill upload some much needed photos

18. here we go...i screened the worst ones. too blurry to make much out.

this is one right in the center of my plot.  1.jpg
    another angle centerpiece.jpg

this one has stretched like mad..def see the sativa in her 2.jpg

heres the monster thats been geting beat down by the corn borers. beasty.jpg
    heres the damage im talking about corn borer damage.jpg  
    im hoping that those knuckles are the plant healing and not somehting bad...but who knows.

this is one in the corner corner spot.jpg

now i have some nice shots to share nice.jpg
    this has some weird purple shwoing on it purple leaved bud.jpg
    heres a close up of the leaves weird leaves.jpg
    this is from the monster plant..just this one spot is doing this. looks like a bird dropped a weird purple dookie on it or somehting. it didnt look like mold or insect damage purple budsite.jpg

19. looks great man

Sent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app