Nastiest Smelling Weed Ive Grown...bad Pheno Or Bad Grow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by stokentoke00, Jun 24, 2014.

1. #1 stokentoke00, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
    I didn't flush but cured for a month. I grew 4 strains along side each other, failed labeling them like a clown and lost track of what's what. 3 strains came out tasting not too bad, 1 is so awful that I'd rather stomp it into the dirt than smoke it... So basically my question is are there just some bad phenos of these strains that are just pure poo?

The 4 strains were:
    Pineapple Chunk
    Liberty Haze
    Vanilla Kush
    All from Barneys Farm
    And a Northern Lights from I think either Sensi or vision seeds...

Has anyone grown out any of these and had them turn out smelling like absolute filth. I can't even get my friends to smoke it for free, it's literally that bad...Lol

Oh probably should have added that these 4 were grown together in 1 DWC tote. The one that tastes bad was showing very slight signs of nute burn when it was harvested, could this be why it tastes so terrible? --- and yes I realise 4 strains in the same water source was a silly move ;)

2. Make edibles and sell them :eek:

3. #3 stokentoke00, Jun 24, 2014
    Yeah I considered edibles, don't really have anywhere to cook though as there's a bit of a strict 'nothing inside the house' policy which makes it difficult.

31 guests reading this thread? Where'd they all come from lol

4. Send me the bud, I'll be happy to help out a brotha

5. Lol sell it to some randoms/people you don't like and buy some decent bud ;)

6. Weird, you really should send us all samples to evaluate for you. But does it smoke bad, or just smell bad?

7. #7 stokentoke00, Jun 24, 2014
    Haha yeah I considered that too...I've offered a few people but they turn it down.

Lol yes, samples for all ;) Seriously though it smokes just as bad as it smells, just awful. Definitely gets me pretty stoned but it just tastes too bad to smoke. 

I tried mixing it in with some nice tasting stuff so i could actually get some use out of it, about a 1:5 ratio and it made ALL of my good stuff taste like poison lol. This stuff is toxic. Worst part is that it actually looks really nice in a jar, you instantly regret cracking it open though.

8. If its the same strain all grown the same way and 3 came out good and one shit then chances are its pheno. In my experience this just means that the pheno needed more care and attention, I had it once when I grew a pack of seeds, I grew them again but put more care into them individually and she turned out ok.

9. I've had vanilla kush and it tasted bad but smelled like vanilla.

10. Smoke it? It get's you high doesn't it?

11. Does it taste like mildew? Jw because i kinda had the same thing when i grew my ww with a couple of other plants and everything else turned out fine

Sent from my Z740 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Oh well shit, I never thought of that...;)

Yes it gets you high but It's unsmokeable, unsellable. I literally offered my friend 1/8 for free and he smelled it and handed it back and said no thanks. Never seen anyone do that before lol. No one who has tried it wants more than one hit, no one who smells it will even take it for free. It's B A D.

I'm not really entirely sure what mildew tastes like but the buds are nice and dry, they don't look moldy, and didn't have any moisture problems or anything when drying/curing, plus they break up nicely. So they seem ok to me, really not sure wtf it is...

Either way, I have 2 clones cut from this stinker that are growing alone this time around, with 100% dedication hopefully they won't be toxic. I'm at about day 40 of flower and they certainly have had a REALLY similar smell for the past week or so, but it seems to be starting to smell a bit nicer as of the last day or two.

13. perfect time for you to learn to make your own BHO!

thats not as much a production as cooking may be, but will prolly cost you more for the set up...but I think you can keep it cheap if you hot water purge and stuff like that!

I'm figuring that the NO flush didnt help any....whats the nastiness? does it take like youre smoking rotting vegetation? is it so pungent its bordering on unpleasant?(ran into that once when I first started smoking)

14. Shit I quit smoking 3 years ago but I always test my buds when theyre done lol

Sent from my Z740 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. #15 stokentoke00, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2014
    I really do wish i could describe the smell better but I'm just not that great with my descriptive ability lol. I wouldn't say it smells like rotting vegetation though. And yeah it's past bordering on unpleasant, if I take a good strong sniff i will actually gag.

I think it's definitely got something to do with not flushing, especially since I was having a bit of nute burn right before harvesting. I guess only time will tell... These ones are fattening up so much that the weight pulled the net pot half out of the DWC tote last night, and are looking MUCH better than last time around...I'm really hoping it's something I did to them last time, I can't have this poo weed for another 2+ months lol.

Definitely going to make some edibles/BHO out of this, depends what equipment i can get my hands on.

16. only other suggestion...and I NEVER imagined i would do it with homegrown.....WATER CURING!

That shits funky, even though Ive done it A LOT! The research sources say it works in flushing and curing the product...i still think its weird submerging herb underwater for hours and days!

I have done it a lot...but dont know if i can vouch for it in good buds! BUT, it doesnt sound like you got what you feel are good buds....seems like its barely even smokeable!lol So maybe try it out....do a little research, but you basically put you buds underwater with something heavy on top to make sure they stay submerged completely. pull out and let dry.

Its gonna drastically lessen the weight of the product, but if it works it may be the best/easiest route for you. The reason I cant vouch for it as a method even though ive done it over 20 times...is because it was Mexi-Schwagg, and prolly 7 out of 10 times it was TERRIBLE Mexi-Schwagg! The quality ceiling is very low on brick weed...so it did work well for it. It was so disgusting, i would usually have to change the water for the first half day until it stayed clear/green tinted....and NOT like the swamp water it looks like when you first submerge the schwagg! It was soooo gross, but its what I would do before I smoked all my schwagg. It lessened the shittiness FOR SURE....didnt turn it into dank landrace but it def helped with taste and look (somewhat).

17. Thanks, i'll definitely have a look into water curing. I seen a vid on it a few months back and nearly cried at this guy pouring like 2 pounds into a tub of water, but since then i've seen a few other people say it has helped with the taste. I might try it with a small amount first and see what happens.

And yeah they're not what i'd call good bud's at all. As I said, people are actually refusing to take it for free so that's gotta be saying something about the quality lol (And they will smoke leafy mids for weeks without batting an eyelid).

18. Yea i think the plant had too much nutes as u didnt flush. And why didnt u?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Probably a good idea to flush your plants before harvest... errytime.. Nutes=nasty smoke. IMO.

20. I threw 4 different strains in the same DWC tub. They were advertised as the same flowering time, and due to me being a huge noob I actually believed it lol. So I had 3 that needed at least 2+ weeks more and one that was ready to come down, all in the same water, plus the root mass was so huge it actually filled the whole base of the tub, they were too intertwined to even consider taking it out by itself to flush it. And the only other way was flushing the other 3 at the same time, that were just starting to pack on fat weight, which would have been a silly move. 

So yeah, flushing was planned, just had to get that one out of there asap. This current grow is going much better with just 2 clones from the stinky poo plant, all by themselves, i think about day 42-43 of flower. They're definitely smelling much nicer than the stuff in the jar that's for sure.