Does It Ever Make Sense To Answer The Door If Youre Not Expecting Someone?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by walterbishop, Jun 23, 2014.

I empathize man. With all that. Same deal, unexpected knocks bring me anxiety, yet part of me wishes it was still a time in my life when people would just randomly stop by to see me.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I have a camera system set up so I just glance over at my monitor to see who it is...

It's all just one big conspiracy

• Like Like x 1
  3. i dont even lock my door, if somebodys knocking they arent going to be dangerous so i dont care much.

cant even remember the last time somebody i wasnt expecting came to the door except a few friends i know well enough they can pop in whenever even if im not home.

4. More often than not, our front door is left unlocked. People come and go here all the time, usually without warning. A handful of friends and neighbours frequently and unexpectedly show up knocking, but most people just walk right in. That's the kind of home I was raised in, and the kind of home I hold. Mi casa es su casa, amigo. I've never been taken advantage of, and I firmly believe it's because I'm open.

5. My friends know the garage code and they text me before they come, so that eliminates the need for any one I know to knock on the door. Every once in a while my next door neighbor will knock and tell me to move my car because he can't get out (yet I'm not even blocking his driveway), to which I don't answer the door. The rest are solicitors who I don't give a half a fuck about.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    Unless of course it's a,"knock knock home invasion."

http://www.americanownews.com/story/21377622/knock-knock-beware

7. Ive never locked my door, i have an english mastiff and also a pit so usually if someone knocks or w/e they hear a deep ass bark and thats enough to enjoy my high lol

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. #68 M3DICIN3MAN420, Jul 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2014
    I lock my door all the time. Why chance that shit?
    That said, the wife's old friend stopped over the other day unannounced with her boyfriend. My dog was flipping out haha. I didn't answer lol I don't care for those kind of people, silver spoon fed, handed everything their whole life. Plus I grow drugs and I'd bet my left nut they'd snitch.

Who the fuck needs "friend's" like that? I ain't seen you in 5 years? Good, how about we make it 10, bitch.

When I know a buddy is gonna stop over I unlock the door and text them to just walk in, it's all good.

Edit: Rant over haha

• Like Like x 1
  9. It doesn't make sense to open the door when high. When I'm toking up and I hear the door ring I'm like shit hide the smell and try to act sober someone is at the door I never just think like Damn I can hide and ignore it haha

¡satan has tricked the world into thinking he does not exist!

• Like Like x 1
  10. I like to freak people out and answer a knock at the door by opening the side door and creeping up on them. "Can I help you?"

"Jesus shit, you scared me! Uh jehova?"

• Like Like x 1
  11. 1. Someone looking for their lost kid/pet, asking if you've seen anything
    2. Girlscouts. (Fuck yes cookies)
    3. Someone in need of a phone, possibly in an accident 
    4. Relative happened to be coming by, just wants a hug and to say hi, families important mang.
    5. General hospitality, even if you aren't interested in what the Jehovah's have to say just listen to them and politely explain your faith or lack thereof. Everyone deserves the niceties. 

12. Sometimes I wish i had a door with a peephole or whatever you call those things you can look through to see who is at the door.

Instead, all my house doors are mostly glass, so nine times out of ten I peek out from another room before determining whether or not to answer it.

This is when I'm high or sober.

• Like Like x 1
  13. #73 walterbishop, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014

Clearly I disagree with you. Lol.

Lost pet? Not on my property. I have a Cane Corso and a Presa Canario. If their pet is here, it's likely in one or both of my dogs bellies by now.

Cookies? Every one and their mother sells their kids cookies at work. If you have a job, you got access to Girl Scout cookies.

Someone's in an accident, needs a phone? What is this 1952? Who doesn't have a mobile in 2014?

My relatives call first. None live within 50 miles of me.

General hospitality? I live in NJ.

p.s. Jehovah's get greeted by my dogs. It's absolutely not OK to try to convert people to your God damn religion.

14. I just usually peek through the window. If its someone I don't know, I wont answer. If its a Jehovahs Witness I will either crank up the most gut splitting metal song I have, or actually answer ( sometimes its funny just to listen to them when you are high )