Does It Ever Make Sense To Answer The Door If Youre Not Expecting Someone?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by walterbishop, Jun 23, 2014.

1. I always check to see who is at the door through a window.  If it's not a delivery truck or a familiar car I don't bother haha.

2. I check out the window first.

3. exactly this... mormons came to my place once and it was my ex alone chilling there and she answered... she's polite as fuck so she talked to them and even prayed with them because they wouldn't leave and she felt bad. then they tried to baptize her and she said she was Jewish, which she is, she was wearing the damn star of David lol... they said it didn't matter that they could do it anyway. she said no she didn't feel comfortable with two stranger men coming in while she's by herself and they finally left. a month later they came back and pretended they didn't remember her and in the middle of the convo the guy accidentally goes "It's Stefanie, right?" lol motherfuckers lying saying they "don't remember". THAT time she basically told them to gtfo. she told me they looked brainwashed hahah. they still left a damn prayer card or whatever you call those

tl;dr ex tried nicely denying mormons at the door baptizing her saying she was Jewish, they said they didn't care but she still got them out, came back a month later pretending they didn't remember her, you gotta tell these people to GTFO. 

that and people trying to sign me up for some children's fund are pretty much the only people that come by my place. or fucking AT&T. best just not to answer.

4. Growing up my grandparents/aunts/uncles always showed up at my parents' house unannounced. Decided that when I had my own place, I'd keep my door locked and only answer if I was waiting for someone that I had invited to come over, or if I'm waiting for a parcel. I know other people are just doing their jobs or genuinely believe they're saving me from hell or whatever, but if I'm ever interested I'll book an appointment.

Around 5 people are welcome here any time, the rest need to stay away until they're invited.

5. My door has a glass window so if it's cops I'll just turn around. Anyone else I'll see what they want and if they're selling things or Bible thumpers I just say "Nah Chief" and close the door. Then watch those fuckers out the window till the leave.

Yeah man I answered the door for 2 jehovah's witness people and one of the guys just couldn't seem to get the hint that we didn't want them to come back for a bible study. He asked if he could put my house on a list to come back..I told him not interested I go to church every Sunday (lol). He asked me again 2 or 3 more times during the conversation if he could put my house on that list to come back..just insisting that he give us a bible study. 

Had just finished blazing a bowl too..they were a total buzzkill. Avoid at all costs

7. 1403567188642.jpg

This is the only acceptable reason to answer unless your just messing with the person knocking on the door

8. our front door does'nt have a peephole...it's one of those 'fancy' doors that has a little window in the center, so its sort of difficult to peek out around the corner of the hallway and see whos there without them seeing me too. the fam has since came to a consensus and decreed "if someone was coming over, they would've called us." 

9. #29 Old School Smoker, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
    Do you not have a window by the door you could look out of? If not, invest in installing a peephole. Good luck.

As for myself, I have one of those steel security screen doors double bolted when I open my front door.

And if I looked out the window and they saw me, and i did not want to open the door, fuck them. If they dont go away i call the police.

10. i answer for no one but maintenance. but yea. a quick peek out the side window. only when country wide legalization happens will i proudly open my door for visitors. let them smell it!

11. #31 flooyeezy, Jun 24, 2014
    I rarely answer unknown knocks, don't answer it man. Bad luck with the police thing man, that sucks :(

*edit* I've gone full stoner man

12. #32 guod, Jun 24, 2014
    Got a warrant? I dont answer questions.Later.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. They should be more worried about who answers the door :ph34r:

14. If I don't know you're coming then don't come. I hate uninvited guests. Had to answer the door for a pig once when I lived in Kansas. Every since then I never open the door for anyone who I don't know is coming over. As a stoner I hate surprises.

15. Thanks all who have taken the time to reply so far. I'm feeling a loot less crazy now. Lol.

16. when random sales people come to the door my mum makes us stay out of views of the windows LOL she never answers the door unless she's expecting someone.

Mind  you, when she is expecting someone half the time she'll still no get it and I'll have to...

All family / friends just walk in  normally anyway so there's no need  u feel

17. One of the ideas I'm trying to establish here is that the idea of answering your door when not expecting someone is an antiquated concept.

There was absolutely a time when people always answered their doors. Just like before caller ID, mobile phones, and answering machines/services, people always answered their phones.

But nowadays there is no need to answer your phone if you don't recognize the number or caller as they can leave a message, or text you etc etc...we tend to screen everything.

I feel in a way technology has gotten us to a point where there is really no reason to answer the door if you're not explicitly expecting someone.

In simple terms. If you know me, you're going to call or text before you come by. If you come by unexpectedly and I don't answer, you're still going to call or text to let me know you're  on my porch.

It's interesting to me to see how much the world has changed since I was a child in the 80's.

18. #38 SlightlyStonedSD, Jun 24, 2014
    [​IMG]

19. #39 Deleted member 281310, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    i'm the type of person to just show up randomly at anyones door with no previous notice. to me calling the person destroys half the fun of the visit but sometimes i have to call for situational reasons. anyway i usually open the door and sometimes i don't. but yes if you don't open the door 8 times out of 10 i will call if not i'll just leave.

20. You sure got that right. I miss them days.