36 Hour Dark Period Before Harvest Question.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by leodicapario, Jun 23, 2014.

1. like a boss... +rep

2. #22 leodicapario, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
    i've decided to do the whole plant in my bathroom in light of this information you have given me..  will be the eaisiest to block most if not all the light with one small rough window (like the ones in a bathroom that are clear yet blurrs so no one can peep at you pooin..lol.) . plastic wrap over the toilet to keep humidity in check, on both the tank and the pot.... may do the sink as well... its a pretty decent sized bathroom about the width of a hallway maybe 10 ft long... only problem is it may get fairly hot back there, the ac doesnt blow as hard since its in the corner of the house, and the door will be constantly closed with a plug in fan going of course.. it is an outdoor auto so its somewhat adjusted to warmer temps, shouldnt get more than 85 back there... What do you think? will this be ok..?

3. thank you I try my best... :) :) :)

4. #24 Hemp Hugger, Jun 24, 2014
    just monitor the temps if it gets higher then 85 get more air in the room should be good i grow in a 5'x5'x5' tent my temps push the mid 80's and my girls do fine as you can see I keep lots and lots of air blowing across my canopy I make my girls think they live in the windy city for real lol....

I grow in temps similar, sometimes pushing low 90s... but for dark period would it be different? I don't know why, dark and hot just sounds like it could be problematic. Key words "sounds like" lol.

6. its true especially since i got a tan.... :laughing:
    its upper 70's usually outdoors at night has been for couple weeks...

i'll def turn the ac up if i gotta just changed the air filter which was filthy af... everything should be :cool:

7. As long as the humidity isn't out of control then it shouldn't be an issue. ... but again I have a lot of air movement in my tent so that mat be helping me. ..

8. thanks again man. feeling a lot more comfortable about this darkening since you joined in the conversation..

9. #29 leodicapario, Jun 24, 2014
    yeah it shouldnt be im going to wrap the toilet tomorrow, and not run any water in the sink really get it dried out in there good... darkening begins at dusk

the fan is pretty big and blows quite well on power 3.

10. no problem I have an lst teaching journal as well I like to help...

11. keep in mind you can leave your girl in the dark period for up to 72 hours which is what I did last time and holy green hand grenades batman. That was the best run I've had from stripper glitter well until this grow that is lol....

12. #32 leodicapario, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
    may leave mine be for a bit longer ive noticed some new pistil growth on the top colas, altho the very top has no new pistil growth, examining the trichomes again i see alot of new clear ones that popped on the top most part,, this autoflower has got me thinkin its about done 3 times already. given it another week each time. day 116 or so now from seed. driving me crazy.. but great looking indeed. wish i had better camera. :-S ive got my dark room prepped, went and examined it before i wrapped my toilet. still growing.. im ok wit that. :poke:  it today like a :ph34r:

13. I've heard new pistil growth will continue pretty much through the whole grow, and not to use that as more than a rough judgement of where the plant is at in flowering. Because of that I use trichomes, general time frame of strain, and overall health of plant... but I am learning as everyone else and the pistils could be important. I hope someone else will chime in.

14. #34 leodicapario, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
    thanks for the input... have also read pistils will keep growing on some strains as well.. noticing alot of other signs its gettting ready, keeping a look on the trichomes, but they've lied to me on this plant as well.

http://tehbosh.blogspot.com/2010/04/harvest-time-or-is-it.html

i found spruce zeus' harvest method with pictures :ey: ... even tho ive read it a million times, i like to read it several times before i decide a chop chop.

I just bookmarked that site, but haven't gotten into it much yet. Trichomes still trick me too! Especially if it's just a normal, not trained plant with different trichomes from nug to nug lol.

16. yes its the greatest information ive taken in about harvest time, other than just trichomes, :-D must read.
    ill manage with patience, also i wouldnt mind growing it out to being a little over ripe so ill know about how long to let it go next time.. and i do plan growing another bbxnl auto its just all around good fun strain to grow, also since i topped this time, i want to try again without topping.

17. Nothing is showing up when I try to pull it up to read it

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Let me see if I can find out about going too far into flowering, there was a user on here who sent out nugs at different times to a lab to see THC and CBD percentage. After a certain point it dropped a lot, soooo let me see if I can find it.

19. i belive ive read that one.. there is always a ratio of clear/opaque/amber in each of his harvest times.. drops to like 16% thc when the cbn starts showing up..

Cool because I can not seem to find it lol. Even 16% isn't bad, and I doubt you'll go too far past an optimal harvest time where you're going to be upset.