Flowering Nutrients Advice

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by billyponics, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Hi Growers! just looking for some friendly input on nutrients for my grow. Any body that uses GH products and are also familiar with Advanced Nutrients line please feel free to chime in. this is my second grow and the first one was a great success. I used all AN products the first grow and am using GH this run to compare products and help keep costs down (AN is a bit pricey). I am trying to figure out the best bang for my buck when it comes to supplements for my flower stage. I want to promote a big tasty yield without getting killed in costs. so I thought I would keep it simple but still use the proper Nutes to assure a good harvest. I plan on using GH products this grow and have some left over AN stuff that I want to get rid of as well so here are my thoughts...I will use Flora Nova Bloom as my base 800-900ppm. I am also using Kool Bloom for the  for basic bud enhancement as well as Flora Nectar (passion fruit) for my sugar/carb load and flavoring. I have some left over AN Nirvana I planned to use for week 3,4, and 5 and AN overdrive for the last two weeks before flush. I am also using Hygrozym for the roots. I feel I have most of the bases covered however GH still has Floralicious, Floralicious plus, and Flora Blend that I really don't know much about and if they are really worth the extra money, not to mention I will be using the Nirvana and Overdrive. I assume there is no problem using them in conjunction with the GH products. I would love any helpful input on the best things to use to maximize yield without getting crazy and costly. here is the basic info on my grow setup

3 plants-Sour Candy Sativa dominant hybrid in DWC. 4x3 room with 400 watt HPS and air cooled hood with 6 inch vortex fan. humidity 35% average and temp is 76-80 with lights on and 65-75 with lights off. no CO2. PH 5.8-6.3

2. I've been using flora nova bloom strictly for this grow ( also my second ). I have a bunch of suppliments and hygrozyme from my first grow, which all sit there collecting dust. I have had no need for them when using FLoraNova Bloom. Plants have had no nute burn or deficiencies and they are starting their second week of flower.

I had good success using Flora micro and Flora bloom with suppliments my first grow, but it was a lot more difficult managing my res with all the added suppliments.

3. I use AN jungle juice for my base and is $90 for 3, 1gallon containers with big bud, b52 and over drive and im currently on week 3 of flower and my casey widow is 4feet tall with little nugs and my super shark is 3feet tall. Both are healthy lime green and built even getting too big for my tent!!!

4. In my opinion you are far better off picking out a single bottle that is a complete nutrient and chucking all those boosters in the bin. A complete nutrient will have everything the plant needs in the correct proportions and you can give them the correct concentration they prefer. Adding a booster means you have to lower the concentration of proper nutrients to compensate. Before you know it you can have plants that are overdoses with dissolved solids yet showing deficiencies because there isn't enough basic nutrients in the solution