First Time Fridge Build And Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by dazeeman, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Lookin good :) I have no idea about the mixed soil but straight FFOF keeps the ladies green and happy for week, no feeding until they start asking for it later in veg.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I just hope they do good outside,I'm gonna leave Lemon inside as long as I can .
    This temp thing is pissing me off.I might undo the filter to see if my temps level out.

3. I might have messed up the door seal when I moved the fridge to do the filter plumbing
    Also the temp sensor says 83 and the temp at plants is 76-78.Chinese temp sensor

4. #105 butchierockford, Aug 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
    That's where I would start. You had them dialed in perfectly before that… you're not going to need to worry about odor for quite some time....

Butchie's Broke Ass Micro Grow Journal...
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1315371-Butchie%27s-Broke-Ass-Micro-Grow-Journal

5. Day 3 of week 2.
    They were actually looking a little thirsty,so I gave them a weak feeding again.My feeding schedule says twice a week,but I will just read the leaves til I get some real stretching going on.
    Hear are some pics from today before feeding. Hope I didn't water to early.I'll keep a close eye on them !!

DSC00988.JPG                DSC00987.JPG

DSC00989.JPG                DSC00990.JPG

DSC00991.JPG                DSC00992.JPG

6. New video of light bulb test
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qwLyJy-YCg&feature=youtu.be

7. lookin good :) Nice temp thermometer, we have one that's a 3 in one chef professional grade.  I should check my temps with that too lol.  Perhaps an HPS vs LED heat comparison.  

8. I'd like to see what temps you get at your canopy and at different distances.I can measure mine too.

9. yeah I wonder too, I'll try to borrow the thermometer soon.  The hood is cool to the touch because of the blower, nice design :)  Back of my hand feels comfortable under it by the tops  too.  

10. A few years ago I decided to do a fridge grow. Bought a used fridge locally gutted it. Drilled everything for lighting and exhaust made the scrog screen and installed the 4" exhaust. Went to do a temp check mock run and after I plugged in the 600w checked the next morning and it melted all the plastic inside. Ended up salvaging my equip and had to scrap the fridge. I dont know anything about the led lights and still dont. But I always liked fridge grows. So keep it up awesome work.

What size hps are those led lights equal to and how are they on heat? Might try it again with led lights.

11. My Led is a 240w panel,They say equal to 400w hps .Never used hps before so kinda hard for me to make that call.The  LED's have come a long way ,but still need to come down in price "Alot" to compare.It will happen.Unfortunately The market is full of crappy panels and good panels that all look the same on paper(and in pictures)
    If you go this route,use a brand you have seen used in a few grow journals,that's how I picked my Dormgrow G8,

I am running 6" intake at bottom,dual 4" exhaust at top
    4" wasn't enough

12. #114 theratdude64, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014

Wow, that's crazy.  Any kind of exhaust on the bulb? I've got a 600W HPS in a 6'x4'x2' cabinet, but it's in a hood, exhaust ducting intakes through one side via carbon filter, other side exhausts directly outside the house.  It doesn't even get particularly toasty in my cab, and the hood is cool to the touch.  Hand is comfy ~8" under the bulb, plants are happy :)

That's some damn sound advice, I like it.  I have never used LED... but I also recommend the Dormgrow G8, Grow420Guide on Youtube uses them, and I like what I've seen with it.  He's got a 2000w Equivalent I believe it is.  So between you two, I've seen nothing but positive.

Good series to watch :)
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Grow420Guide/videos

13. my dual 4" holes in the top were going to be so I could run the same setup your pretty much running ,if I went HPS. Or just to cool the light separate from ventilation.
    I am not running any cooling on my panel .I might sometime,but think I have it under good control again.(my doors were leaking in hot air)
    It's about 104 F in my garage right now,Temps at the Canopy are at about 74-75 F humidity is at 55%.
    My grow space is  2 'x 2.75' x 4.5'.
    A little cramped,but is working good. 

14. It would be awesome if there was an LED hood that pulled air through a 6" duct like an HPS hood instead of the little CPU fans.  I haven't seen any designs like that.  It's filtered air, would be a cool DIY.  

15. The led panel is sealed at the lenses ,all the heat is at the board and fans , but a cooling cover would be nice,I might make something just to keep the boards good and cool. and suck that radiant heat from around the sides.

16. I never used anything but hps. I dont know anything about led lights. And still too nervous to pony up the money for them. Do they make 1000w equivelent led lights? How is the light penetration?

17. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJRatH9vE5k&list=UUctwRG_LTq9g-NnFJD82cgg

18. Day 4 of week 2 
    They liked the feeding and are moving on up !! I probably wont feed again til first transplant into 1 gallon. I love the fact I can look at my roots,they are already at the bottom.
    I fixed the door leak and temps are back to mid to upper 70's
    Here are tonight's pics.

DSC00994.JPG                 DSC00995.JPG

DSC00996.JPG