Cheap First Grow

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MNorris619, Jun 21, 2014.

1. #1 MNorris619, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014
    Hey Grasscity,
    I have done a lot of reading and wanted to apply what I have read. I currently am on a very low budget but after this I will be able to switch to a 8x4 area and really make some beautiful ladies. This grow is simply to get my feet wet. I am building a different grow area for the next go around. I spend way too much for meds and would prefer to cut back my cost by growing my own. Quality will be the key for grows to come, but this grow I simply just want the seeds to just survive to give me hope in future grows and so I can learn more than anything.

I am currently growing some bag seed's under a 23w 2700k (yes I know this is the flowering kelvin). I will be purchasing 4 23w 6500k and adding one more 23w 2700k as well as a 96x3W Reflector LED, just have to wait but for the time being my ladies will be under a single 23w for now. I am using Happy Frog potting soil.

Any and all advice would be truly appreciated. I want to say I am a week in from germinating, but I know I am 4days in from them being planted.

*First four days of my grow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

light switched off and had no idea until the next day.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. just plan on getting a 600 watt grow light or two in a month  and grow for real. $150 or so each.

CFL's work ok, LED works ok, but both are toy lights.

If you want to get the most bud you will need HID.

Save your money dont go blow it on fox farm nutes and shit like most noobs, if you dont have lights then no amount of fetilizer will help.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Which 600w hid would you go with for an apartment grow?

4. #4 Acid Man, Jun 21, 2014
    CFLs are just so cheap,easy, low heat and low power consuming that the fact that they dont grow the best bud isnt enough not to consider them,, sure you wont get the dankest crystaly nugs (not that its impossible with cfls) but you can get some decent bud , just look up cfl grow journals and see what people end up harvesting
    jo3cools easy ryder 150w cfl grow is a good one

5. jo3cools easy ryder 150w cfl grow is a good one

6. #6 snoopdog6502, Jun 21, 2014
  7. You can get decent bud from CFL nobody will dispute that. You just won't get that much. If you drop a few hundred on a 600W light cooltube and a fan and filter combo you will have paid for it with your first successful harvest, if you consider weed not bought. I would have spent like 50 grand buying all the weed I have ever grown but I have spent maybe a total of 1000 on grow equipment and supplies tops. It's worth it to invest a little bit and do it right. If you're going to bother to grow, might as well get good results, IMO.

8. I agree with everybody and honestly I love the cfl grow bro. jo3cools buds came out exactly how I want mine to come out looking.

My plans are to go with one 96x3w led, (12) 23w 6500k, and (6) 23w 2700K for my veg room which I plan to make a 4x4 area and a 600w in my 4x4 flower room to kind of give me the best of all worlds.

But I am open to suggestions I am new to the game and would prefer quality over quantity. Quantity would be a plus maybe like 2-4oz a plant would be nice, but my main concern is quality. Who doesn't like smoking one hitter quitters?

9. Any suggestions on a 8x4 room? I'll have an entire room to grow in, just taking baby steps.

10. #11 MNorris619, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
    ok so my last two days have been stressful...I am broke n my plants began falling over...However I bought a T5 to add to the room and boy is she bright...And moved them to a different area due to the light and removed the fan for now...Waiting to get an oscillating fan...=D...Enough said...Here comes the update...I'll be planting a 5th one today...Trying to get the timing down for my bigger space coming soon...

Day1: My mourning surprise...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Day 2: Broke af now...lol...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My babies up close...Advice would be truly appreciated...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

She has had me scared this whole grow of 1 week...
    [​IMG]

11. #12 Synthesizer, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
    Move the light closer to your plants dude they're stretching to reach the light, that's why they fell over. I put my T5s close as hell when they are young.

• Like Like x 1
  12. What he said ^^^^

Sent from my SCH-R530M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. alright so I took <span>Synthesizer's advice and I really want to raise him a T5...But here are my ladies now and their home...Still looking for advice I take it all in like a sponge...</span>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my new born...
    [​IMG]

my baby that fell over...we are still in this together...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Yea get those lights closer and let them almost completely dry out between waters in those small pots.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lookin okay so far! Ideally you shouldn't need any toothpicks to hold up your seedlings though - if you do, it probably means your plants are stretching too much, get those lamps closer!!

• Like Like x 1
  16. I hear you <span>DrGreenthumb101</span>...I would but if I didn't she would be on her side...Someone had to hold you up when you first got on a bike with training wheels...Well at least I needed help...lol...

Thanks a lot <span>imsostoned</span> but the lights are either this close or right on the plants...I haven't been able to find anything around the house to get them closer without touching but this is the best I have been able to do with what I have at the moment I will defiantly keep that in mind...

And thanks a lot for the advice on watering <span>jaryd123</span>...I think I overwatered this time around so I will be letting them get closer to dry to make up for it and water less next time around...

17. If she falls she should get bacc up after she senses where the light is at...and I'm in tha same boat as you on lights nd grow space I'm thinking of going 4 4ft t5 ho plus 100watt hps in my flowering room

18. So here is todays update...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]