Should I Invest In A Growbox ? / Problem With Dark Period In Flowering

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ButterBeerChips, Jun 21, 2014.

1. #1 ButterBeerChips, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014
    Everything is set up. My seedling sprouted 5 days ago and she is doing great. Currently she is sitting on my table with 2 50 watt 5500k above (smell is not going to be a problem later on in my current situation) As time goes on I begin to realize that I still have to get a lightproof area for flowering. I currently have available : a big room with a supply of fresh air froom outdoors + oscillating fans in this room near my plant. The problem is that it is going to be hard to make the room 100 percent lightproof. I tried looking into growtents but the problem is that as I have no exhaust or intake fans for that growbox that Im going to starve my plant of fresh air in the dark period when the tent is closed. Would it be enough to keep an oscillating fan in that grow box during the dark period to give the plant good airflow at least ? Also is there maybe a more simple way to maybe build a lightproof dome or something DIY instead of buying a growtent ?

I thought about buying this canvas wardrobe http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B002DFH2VA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ABNBZJH9B9F77 and panda film which I will user to cover the canvas (-> lightproof?) I think that would work but I'm still concerned about fire hazards and general safety with these. Any other ideas?

If I'm buying a growtent then im going to buy the DarkSecret II 60

2. Grow tents work well when you purchase all the stuff that goes with them. Expensive and really made for apartments and stealth growing.

If you have a room you can dedicate to growing than you are far ahead of the game. Plywood and inexpensive ducting from a local hardware store will suffice to cover the windows and allow air in. With only a couple of lights for now you'll be fine with the heat.

But as the plant gets larger and bushier you'll have to increase the lights. Make you a light bar out of the sockets your using and ramp it up to about 6-8 of them little bad boys. Now comes a little more heat. Be prepared.

3. Thanks for the answer man :)
    The thing is I still want to live in this room. And I don't want to spend my time only in the dark. So maybe a wardrobe or tent would be great after all ...

4. Get a tent. My grow tents are my bedroom. It has worked wonders over the past couple of years. It's expensive to get all of the equipment that you need, but it makes growing much, much easier.