Re: Sick Plants? Have A Question? Ask Here.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by indoutdo, Jun 21, 2014.

Waktoo, mmman, THESE posts above are what makes grasscity superior to other places imo.

You guys both have my utmost respect, from the sincerest part of my heart.

WOW, doesnt get more classy, real, or respectable than that. And also, doubt im the only one that learned somethin.

Makes sense to me FINALLY, why those shop keeps had sour faces!

Take care guys and thank you for the entertainment, education, and the lesson at the end. :metal:

~poke

2. Hey, super newb here. I rescued harvested plant from the burn pile t hat had started to resprout.... asa total novice this appears to be a healthy plant strong hearty branches and green supple leaves . The main stalk is thick and strong its a nice green color all the way up...which is about 4/12 ft tall. The offshooting branches are a beautiful purple. I've read where purple is a sign of deficiency of some sort but my question is why would the center main backbone/artery be green and just the branches growing off it purple. I'm pretty sure sure this has to be a purple or blue strain and all in the genetics. with its heavy perfume its gotta be good! Thanks ahead of time for all the advice or tips! I really appreciate it! RedHot.

3. Well, redhot ... I don't quite understand what your attempting to convey? We've all grown purple strains, but what exactly are you getting at?

4. #44 thedogx, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2014
    sorry posted wrong section.

Don't let it happen again.  :laughing:

6. Hi, need some help. This plant was given to me by a friend. It was neglected. Not much sunlight, no water. Since in my care it seems healthier but leaves are still going yellow and dying. The pot that the pant was in was way to small. I have recently repotted the plant. What can I do?

Attached Files:

Can you take a pic' of the whole plant?  And some close ups of the main cola and growing branch ends (meristems)?

Get it under some proper light and wait.  It's going to take some time for that plant to settle into its new soil.  The majority of those leaves that look discolored will show no improvement over time.  Pay attention to the condition of the new growth as it comes in to determine whether or not things are improving/getting worse.  Be careful not to overwater.

What soil did you put it in?

8. I use multi purpose potting mix from Bunnings warehouse

Attached Files:

Hell, man!  That plant doesn't look that bad at all!  Especially the new growth.

Looks like it's getting plenty of light now! LOL!

What exactly does is say on the bag of soil.  It doesn't look like it has much aeration amendment in it, perlite wise anyways.  I'm getting a lot of mixed search results...

10. -------------------
    the new groth looks fine ,,the leaves that are yellowing were probably lacking in N but as youve repotted every thing should be good,,if then yellow leaves dont green up some leaves never really recover ,you can take them off ,,if they look to damaged or if you thjink they look untidy,,,mac

11. Hi All,

Brand new at growing and I started with 2 plants in a closet growroom. I thought all was going well but I noticed some signs recently that I am having trouble diagnosing. Could be nothing but would like to make sure and would appreciate id anyone can give me advice!

My setup is a 300w LED light 1ft from top of plants and a small fan circulating the air in the closet.
    As of the time of the pictures attached, they are 16 days old.
    Used a small amount of Miracle Grow plant food about a week ago.
    I haven't watered them in 2 days but I might have over watered at the beginning but have not seen any of the signs that go with it.
    Ph looks like its somewhere around 6.5.
    Oh and one of the pots has 2 plants in it because I didn't think both would make it and when they did I decided to just go with it. I know it would be bad for growth but I was curious if it would work.

The problem is that growth has slowed (if not stopped) the past 5-7 days. Both plants have these yellow spots/stripes that are getting larger and on more leaves and one plant has started showing some wilting at its edges.

I have attached pictures of them with close-ups on examples of what I am talking about. I appreciate any input!

Attached Files:

12. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1424360103.997899.jpg
    Does anyone kno if this could be from low humidity?? Please help thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. #53 anonnona, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2015
    Hey there! 

First time grower and have a few questions and concerns. First off, I don't know which strain/type my plant is. Grew from some bag seed and it's about 1.5 months old. Originally I thought it was an autoflower based on a picture that compared leaves. Most of the lower leaves have 5 petals, but some new growth has 7. Indica maybe?

Anyways, many of the leaves now have brown/black spots rapidly covering them and turn yellow/brown. I also have a bit of light burn near the top that occurred one night while I was sleeping :/. I think the spots and yellowing are either a potassium or phosphorus deficiency, but I really have no clue. Also I know it's in a small pot, but I'm pretty broke right now, so I won't be able to transplant it until later in the week. 

Currently growing under 1 CFL bulb (Going to add another soon)
    Have MG All Purpose Plant Food, Scotts Super Bloom, and Osmocote Outdoor & Indoor Plant Food

View attachment 154736
    View attachment 154735
    View attachment 154734
    View attachment 154733
    View attachment 154732

Its time for a transplant. You've got early signs of root bound plants. Multiple deficiencies will present soon.

What are you referring to exactly?

15. Transplant her to new soil and stop feeding until she gets hungry again. It looks like a ph imbalance to me. Multiple lockouts usually are.

16. Thanks I'll definitely do that soon! Also curious as to if you can tell what type sativa/indica/ruderalis from the pictures? 

17. No. There are 3000 documented strains of cannabis. There are going to be many thousands of strains crossed and added to that list in the next few years.

Thebest i could do is tell you whether its indica or sativa dominant hybrid. Sometimes you get a straight sativa or straight indica but usually theyre specialty order.

Most bag seed is hybridized somehow.

18. Oh okay I understand. Thanks for all the help! 

19. Why are my girls leaves wrinkling up as soon as put them into bud robertbaird80

20. So I've transplanted my baby and stopped feeding her, but a couple of the leaves have gotten worse and several are curling in strange ways (heat stress?). 
    View attachment 154832
    View attachment 154850

I didn't water her when I transplanted the pots because the soil was already very moist. Is there anything else I can do to help heal these leaves, or do I just need to be more patient?