My 12 12 From Seed Bubblebucket Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by HardDickensCider, Jun 21, 2014.

1. #1 HardDickensCider, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014
    This will be my first attempt at a 12 12 grow from seed. I have 6 plants planted in a 18 gallon tote. I have 2 airstones inside powered by a dual output air pump. I did a 1/4 cup of all nutes to start with. I brought ph to 5.7 and ppms are aroind 337. 97 of those are the stuff in the waiter i used, which was natural spring water from and underground spring.

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403309490.759647.jpg

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1300541-My-First-Bb-And-Soil-Grow-%3A%29 My grow journal

3. Ppm kinda high in my opinion for starting seeds.

Just a heads up, you'll need more air at some point... well maybe not if it's 12/12 from seed. Hmmm.

4. I agree, I wouldn't use any nutes for the first week

5. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403640446.084376.jpg 5 of the 6 are above the Hyrdoton. Got the ph steady at 6.0. 335 Ppms.

I don't know what you mean by that but I can see the cotyledons in the photos. Most people use just water for the first week because they won't take up any nutes in this time, having a low concentration of ppm allows faster uptake of water. The ppm will be stable because they will be taking up hardly any water at this small stage. Give it a few days and I'm sure you will see the ppms rise as they take up water and leave the solids behind

7. this guy said Ppms are high for STARTING SEEDS. Not already sprouted seeds. And u agreed with him so I assumed your talking about starting seeds also. I didn't have these seeds in this setup for the first week. I geminated them in a glass of water then after a few days transferred them to a plate with a moist towel. After about 4 days of that I planted them in this set up.

8. Well they look like they have just started. Looking at the photos I would have said they had hatched no longer than 24 hours ago. A week old seedling should have a couple of pairs of true leaves plus the cotyledons

9. #12 HardDickensCider, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
    Well these week old seedlings don't lol not sure what to tell ya. They didn't see almost any light while germinating. Maybe that's why? I leave them in a warm dark space. I've done this every time and had almost 100 percent germination rate.

10. The roots on these things are about an inch and a half long before I plant them

11. No one is bagging on your germinating methods. Your seedlings are still in the day old stage so should be treated as such. I have advised you about the ppm, but of course it's up to you what you do, I hope they do well man. I suspect the slow growth is from your ppm being so high

12. I will definitely take that into consideration next grow. Thanks :)

13. Replaced 5 gallons of the nute solution water with spring water in an attempt to lower the Ppms. Got em down to 230. Also installed 2 more air stones with another air pump. Adjusted ph to 5.8. Hopefully this will help with the slow growth. :/

14. Looking good man