Lower Leaves Yellowing At Day 30 Of Flower

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by EarthmanJay, Jun 20, 2014.

1. seems a little early for that to start happening, some of the browning spots on the yellow leaves makes it look like magnesium deficiency. the strain is hindu kush, says it's a 45-50 day flower so i guess it's possible. i'm growing outdoor so i was expecting to have to go a little longer. is it developing quickly because i'm making it flower going into the summer solstice or am i having deficiencies?
    sorry i don't have pics, i'll try to get some tomorrow

2. #2 EarthmanJay, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. just an update (and bump), the plants are yellowing at rather quickly and the yellowing is moving up the plant. main buds and surrounding leaves are green still. it's now day 32 of flower, should i give them a taste of N?

4. yellow leaves with yellow veins is (N) def, yellow leaves with green veins is Magnesium deficiency, and most if not all plants hitting bud now will be showing some (Mg) def. avoid feeding (N) but add some CalMag or Epsom salts, to your watering method average is 1 teaspoon to 3 us gallon /10 liters, top up with some budding nutes  

5. i added bud+bloom booster and epsom salts yesterday so it sounds like i'm on the right track
    thanks for the help, you always have reliable advice

6. older foliage will die off as your plant focuses more on making buds, because the lower leaves have now be replaced with new top leaves and are no longer needed... if not using a supersoil, continue feeding bloom nutes at regular doses. not to worry about the old bottom leaves. pick em off, or let them exfoliate naturally.