The Firewood Vape Appreciation Club/thread

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by ren.dnb, Jun 20, 2014.

1. As ren said, it won't produce massive clouds, but you will get very stoned off of it for sure. However, give it a bit to practice, and you will be able to produce smaller visible clouds no matter the lighting. It took me about a week to be able to do that. I also upgraded to a longer stem, allowing for the vapor to cool a little before I inhale it and allowing me to take in more, thus producing much larger and thicker clouds.

2. #62 Hated, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
    Delete

3. #63 Hated, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
    Im very well aware that I wasn't a smart consumer in this sense, in my defense there isn't any info on the firewood website about previous models, if I had went through the WHOLE FC thread I wouldn't be in this position. All the positivity on here and Fc made me feel that I cant go wrong with a firewood

I still feel the same about the manufacturer, if I was a manufacturer and I sold vaporizers that don't vaporize I wouldnt be able to sleep at night and thats the gods honest truth. Im not saying I should get a free 2.1, I am saying my 2.0 should Function, am I really being a dick because I expect a product to do what its supposed to ? I'm all for making improvements to products as technolgy moves foward but that is not the case here

No you're not being a dick because you want it to function. Hell, all of us here expect what we buy to vape to function. However, and this is just my opinion... I don't think its right to bad mouth the manufacturer because, he's already admitted the issues with the 2.0, fixed them, and released the 2.1. There are many that are happy with the 2.1. While a history of the past version of the vape would make sense to post on his site, it would still be a bit irrelevant since he's not selling them anymore. 

The other thing is you bought it second hand. If it were me, I would've taken it up with the seller and got my money back as they sold me something that wasn't working. If you purchased from the website, you would have received a 2.1 and it would be a working vape covered by the warranty. 

The 2.0 had some real nasty issues with it, which is why it got changed to the 2.1 relatively quick. But, again, just my perspective so it doesn't really matter. It sucks that it doesn't work, but I'd be more upset with the guy that's took my money than the company that made it. But, if that guy who sold me the vape was also the company, it'd be a bit more justified to me.

5. Might save up and get one, at the moment I'm waiting for my spoon, she be here tomorrow. Is the firewood worth the price? And is it okay to ship overseas into australia ? cheers

🍁

6. #66 Hated, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2014
    Your entitltled to your opinion and im not arguing at this point I do feel the need to clear the air, I didnt buy a broken 2.0 im convinced its working as the manufacturer intended

I am 100% sure that the fact that I bought this vape second hand has no relevance to the fact that who ever makes firewood vapes put out ( to put it plainly) a peice of shit product. In the grand scheme of things the manufacturer(who seems to be veiwed as saint like on these boards)hasn't responded to my inquiries for info on this matter.

It would probobly be easier to take out my frustrations on the seller but it would be unwarranted. If the manufacturer didnt put out less then okay products I would have nothing to "bad mouth"

Ive decided im not upgrading due to the fact that I haven't gotten a response from the maker.(for me this is the most offsetting thing about this whole situation)

On a side note thanks for your help on this ren you have been more help then the manufacturer and I appreciate you taking the time to explain the difference in models.

7. Holy shit man, I don't know what the hell was up with the first charge, but every single time i've used it after, has produced amazing results! Getting much more vapor production, and as a result, getting a lot better highs! One load I managed to combust a tiny bit of the herb (fresh charge and for some reason the weed wasn't being mixed when I shook it) but besides that every load has been cooked very evenly.

As for your question, I religiously followed the directions at first, but lately i've just been freeballing it. Hold it for around 20 seconds for the initial hit then after that one I begin to pulse the trigger to manage the heat whenever I take a hit. Once the vapor becomes really warm During a hit I know to release the trigger and use the leftover heat to finish off the hit. I could have explained that a lot better but i'm tired right now haha, but that's basically the jist of it. I really love the firewood. It has replaced my bong as my daily driver forsure, especially since lately i've been having trouble breathing after smoking. Not to mention the crafstmanship of this thing. It's so smooth and seamless and feels really good in the hand.

Sweet! Yeah, the charge makes all the difference. My maple was like that when I first got it. My Cherry however was great off the first charge. Anyway, glad to hear of your results and that its replaced your bong! 

9. #69 ren.dnb, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2014
    Just wanted to post something up here for everyone, regarding @[member="Hated"] and the issues with the 2.0. I did email Marc this weekend and I got a response from him. If you email him, shoot him a message at questions@firewoodvapes.com . I always get a response from him on that email address.

Also I did mention @[member="Hated"] 's issues specifically regarding the 2.0. He said that the 2.0 takes much longer to heat up than the 2.1. Try holding it for 60 seconds at the initial heat up and see if that gets it hot. And you might have to hold the buttong down for 10 seconds before you start taking your hits. 

The other thing Marc said was if there's an issue causing it not to heat that he WOULD fix it, or you could buy the 2.1 upgrade. I just want everyone to know that I wasn't attacking @[member="Hated"] . While I did state my opinion on who I thought he should be pissed off at, it by no means says that I think @[member="Hated"] is a dick or whatever; he's an upset consumer and if I were in his shoes, I would be pretty upset as well. 

So as much as I love the Firewood, and am friends with the maker of the device (I became friends with him while thinking about buying the device, asking questions, and eventually purchasing), I wanted to see what he would say about this situation. I also mentioned that @[member="Hated"] tried to email him. I'll see what he says today, but looks like he might be able to help him out here. 

@[member="Hated"] I know that we make Marc out to be saint-like. But he really is helpful when he's not too swamped. I just want you to experience the good service and backing of his vapes that he's given almost everyone else on here.

@[member="Hated"], please try emailing Marc at questions@firewoodvapes.com... I'll shoot you a PM here soon buddy..

10. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410231592.699589.jpg

Ordered my FIrewood on Friday and received it today! (Monday)

I bought my unfinished FW, charged it up, produced some nice vapor, and spent the afternoon finishing my piece nice and buzzed.

Stained it using tea, vinegar, and steel wool. Topped it off with the beeswax/oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. I really love the finish on this! Came out looking real nice.

12. Thanks, I'm really pleased with how it turned out.

Finishing it also took care of a whistling noise that took place through the draw hole that was kind of annoying.

Try to draw slower if it starts whistling. Mine does that, but if the finishing process helped the whistling, more power to it!

14. Was it finishing it, or just getting the technique more refined and drawing slower? The hole whistles because it's small and restricts airflow, did you widen it? I'm not trying to sound like a dick or anything, just genuinely curious if you sanded it down or something.

15. #75 k N i J d, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
    The whistle is back. My guess is that some of the beeswax finish surrounding the inside of the intake hole, stopped the whistling up until it dried up.

Even the slightest pull will give me a whistle it seems. I found that while pulling, if you place your finger just above the intake hole, it can put a stop to the whistle though.

Maybe something to look into for a FW 3??

Well, FW 3.0 is quite a ways off. Marc is happy with the 2.1 and its going to stay that way for now. I get a whistle if I draw too fast; all I do is just adjust my draw rate while I'm taking a hit and it goes away. It's not annoying to me, but more of an audible indicator of "hey! you're taking too fast of a draw!".

So I just draw slower... its never bothered me so I don't really worry about it too much. I wouldn't widen the hole either as that will affect how the vape operates in general; that changes the physics a bit. The restricted airflow is part of what gives the vape its efficiency.

17. The 2.1 seems near perfect as it is, can't wait to see what 3.0 brings! (If it's even made). The whistling doesn't bother me much either. Like you, I use it as sort of an indicator to see how hard i'm pulling.

18. Yeah i only get the whistle when I'm ripping it. This thing seems to perform best when you draw verrrrrry slowly, with barely any force

19. Just got the power supply adapter for my FW. It was a must since I like to use this thing all damn day haha.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411318382.861805.jpg
    Realized I never posted a picture of my FW.

20. #80 k N i J d, Feb 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2015
    Sorry to say, I'm no longer a Firewood owner. Had some fun, but I made the switch to the MFLB and couldn't be happier..definitely more my style. Keep on keepin on all.

Legalize Everywhere