The Firewood Vape Appreciation Club/thread

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by ren.dnb, Jun 20, 2014.

Same here but my priorities are portables. I really like the look of the Firewood and I like the friendliness of the creator, I emailed him awhile back about his finish for the vape and assured me that it was non toxic.

Have you tried it out yet Yosh? How do you like it?

I have tried it. I got medium density clouds and it tastes nice for a lot longer than the Solo. Also a lot lighter and thinner. I might use this more for traveling and flavor at home. I think one of my pieces will work for water filtration, just put the silicon on the bowl.

4. #44 Hated, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2014
    How many versions of this vape are there, I bought mine second hand and did very little research. Being this isn't made by a large company ive had trouble finding info on past models.

Pretty much I was just lurking on the firewood thread on FC and the first couple of people to buy one of these has a window to look inside the unit, mine dosen't have this.

Im curious as to what version my firewood is not sure if a pic would help but here ya go:http://m.imgur.com/GrDhMyF

5. Thats either a 2.0 or 2.1. The difference is in the heating element. The one with the window is the 1.0. The 2.0 had some heating issues, thus fixed in 2.1.

6. After seeing your many posts about the Firewood, I finally decided to pull the trigger and purchase one. This will be my first venture into the vaporizer world so we'll see how it goes!

Awesome... Marc will really appreciate the business. Please post up if you have any questions or send me a PM.

8. Thanks ! I think im Gonna contact the manufacturer for more info on this.

When it came down to it, the 2.0 didn't heat up nearly as fast as the 1.0; nor did it get hot enough. People were complaining it wasn't getting hot, and they were waiting a long time for it to actually get to temp. Marc fixed this with 2.1 where it now heats up initially in 25-30 seconds, and maintains the heat rather well.

1.0 seemed to heat up a bit too quickly and would combust the load easily. The 2.1 seems to be a happy medium between both those extremes.

10. Still waiting to hear back, but based on what you said sounds like mine is the 2.0

11. Just got my Firewood! Just waiting for it to charge up so I can use this bad boy. Man, this wait is killing me!

12. I've never used the firewood, but will get one soon. Follow rens advice and you'll be on cloud 9 in no time.

13. Yeah, i've been reading all his posts about the device and it's all been extremely helpful to me. Not getting big clouds right now like in the video on the website but the high it produced was wonderful.

Yeah, the video if you notice has the lighting just right to show the vapor clouds. Basically what Marc is trying to do there is to show that the device does in fact generate vapor clouds from the herbs. The lighting in my living room isn't as dark as what he had in the video so my clouds are a bit wispy, if I get one at all. 

The Firewood does give you an awesome high and I love it! Even if it doesn't produce massive clouds. Some on here do get it to produce a nice thick cloud, but as you get better with the Firewood and know how to feel when its getting too hot etc... you'll produce nicer more visible clouds.

Careful tho, you can combust in the capsule if you get it too hot.

15. Hey guys, I'm new to GC. I've read posts on here but with my recent purchase of the Firewood, decided to join in on this community. I've been looking into getting a decent vape and basically, your posts ren helped me to finally make my decision.

I was looking into the PAX, but the high cost and my light mmj use wouldn't make it efficent. I then heard some good things about the Flowermate that I was seriously looking into but didn't like how you couldn't control the temperature, which eventually led me to the Firewood. If you really do get a lot out of a little with the FW, then it'll be a perfect match for me. I'm also partial to nature, and love the wood design. Also love that it's a small American business..'MERICA!

I'm looking forward to the challenge of getting the perfect vape out of it and becoming one with my FW. I purchased it un-finished so now get to plan a stain for it while I wait.

Thanks for the help ren

ps. during an impulse move and lack of research, I owned the rediculously terrible puffit "vape" that I later returned. i'm looking forward to a much better experience with the FW

NP! And welcome to the Firewood owners thread! You're going to love this vape when you get it in the mail. The Firewood is still in my daily driver rotation and its not leaving it anytime soon. I too love the wood finish on it. 

If you need any tips or help, post up here or just send me a PM.

17. Definitely feel like I could be getting way more out of it. Will post a follow up once i've used this thing for awhile and gotten to know it better.

18. #58 Hated, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014
    Looks like my coil takes about 40 seconds to get red hot the manufacturer didnt confirm this but I think its safe to say its a 2.0, there is an option to upgrade to a 2.1 for 35 ? I feel like I need some guidance here, as it stands this vape is useless and that fact alone kind of turns me off to this maker. Kind of shot to charge customers for a manufacturing flaw. Not really the thread to be getting into that though so ill keep it short and sweet if I upgrade to 2.1 is it going to blow away my mflb and my pax ?

It really does amaze me that people can get away with selling shit that just flat out dosen't do what its supposed to. Im gonna start selling magic beans that can make you fly, spoiler alert they can't actually make you fly but hey if there's vaporizers that dont vaporize then I should be fine.

Work with it and see what happens. Like I've said in many of my posts and blog posts regarding the Firewood. Its going to produce clouds, but don't expect it to make a cloud so thick you can't see through it, or expect it to stand up to something like a desktop or a portable such as the Hammer. The Firewood's clouds are wispy, but when I bought mine, I didn't buy it for cloud production. I bought it for efficiency and convection heating.

But work with it and see what you get. Also if you don't mind, how long are you preheating it for? and how long do you hold down the button while you're taking your hits?

20. #60 ren.dnb, Sep 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 6, 2014

I'm not really sure how to answer this one...

I'm sorry that you're upset that your Firewood 2.0 doesn't work, however, you did mention you bought it second hand and did very little research. The 2.0 definitely had some flaws, and while I'm not sure on the exact number that was released, I do know that with those ones purchased, Marc did address the issues they were having. Charging people 34.95 for an upgrade was actually somewhat classy of him to do; as in American capitalism, the manufacturer typically just makes you buy a new model out the gate. My Galaxy S3 does not work as intended as a smartphone after the manufacturer mandated an OS upgrade; the battery dies at 60% full, and its extremely unreliable. What did they make me do to correct it? Buy a new phone. IMO they should've given it to me for free since THEY made me upgrade... not me. If they said "hey, give us 40$ and we'll send you an S4, sorry for the trouble" it would've sat much better with me, and I'd still have a Samsung product.

So for 34.95, you get a new battery and a better heating element.... not a bad deal if you ask me.

If you upgrade, will it blow away your MFLB and Pax? I can't really answer that for you. For me, the Firewood blew away the Pax (as far as efficiency, heating method, and discreetness goes), and I use it with my MFLB (that one's never going away for me). But if you would like my opinion, if you upgrade to the 2.1, I don't think it will disappoint you. You would still come out on top since you got it for 40$ and got the upgrade for 35$. But it all depends on what you want out of your vape.

But put yourself in his position. He's an upstart like most of these small vape companies are. If YOU made a Firewood 1.0, and then made a 2.0 and were very VERY confident your changes were great, sent it out to people who bought it and got negative feedback. Would you be in a position financially, to compensate everyone with a free vape? I know I wouldn't be, and knowing how the vape community is where he pitched it for testing (FC), most if not all of them were satisfied with the 34.95 upgrade.

The 2.0 worked, just not very well... However, at least he has the decency to address the problem, and address models that are out there.