How On Earth Do You Clean A Triple Tree Perc Bong.??????

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by bluecheeze1, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Hi havent posted in a while or been on but I knew this is where I could probably find my answer ...okay so I purchased a bong off of a friend that has 3 triple arm percs ...that are pretty dirty, I have tried salt and iso and shaken like a bitch and can only seem to get the top perc almost totally clear. The middle is the worst and the bottom is not so bad but still wont come clean , I really dont know what to do ive had it for a long time and iso and salt has never been able to get it clean I dont want to buy bong cleaner because I heard it is just iso and water dyes etc. If I can find out how to post a pic I will show u the level of dirtiness it is at.

2. Just let the iso and salt sit for a whole softening the resin for a few mins then give it a shake.

3. Throw it on the ground, no need to clean now. Jk. If salt and ISO don't work use a real bong cleaner, from my experience they work about the same

4. When in doubt soak it man! Soak for a while then shake the soak for a while longer and shake again!

5. Go to walmart and buy a 4$ canister of Oxi-clean powder use really hot water or boiling water depending on if your glass can handle that and plenty of oxi clean... let soak 10 min then rinse with cold water and repeat as necessary. 

Should get it clean enough to make you happy.

the stuff is safe you can use it in your dishwasher, laundry, on your reusable coffee filters, bla,bla,bla.  Just rinse really well.

happy smoking and nothing like a clean piece of glass with nice cold water in it.... good luck 

6. get the glass hot and then let the iso soak on it for a while. Rinse and repeat. Temp of the glass makes a big difference.

Another option is grunge off. Been using it for like 3 years now. Soak overnight pour out to reuse, Rinse with hot water and your goodl.

7. Yes do this and if that doesn't get all of it out right away just keep doing it

Series you just gotta scrub through all the built up gunk

I cleaned my brother bong once just because it was so nasty and didn't want to use it
    It just had one tree perk but you couldn't even tell because the whole inside was covered in green

It took me a solid 30 minutes to get it all out and a lot a salt and alcohol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Use a product called "res block" it prevents res buildup altogether. So all the gunk gathers in the water, not sticking to the sides. I use my bongs about 40-60 times a day and it actually works.

9. If my piece doesn't get cleaned during the first ISO bath, it's usually the second or third time that it clears up. 

After you get it clean, I suggest investing in a ash catcher, and clean that bong weekly if not daily. If it's a pain to clean when it gets dirty, shouldn't let it get dirty anymore.  

10. what? how have i not heard? where do you purchase this "res block"?
    it keeps all the gunk in the water and off the glass?

11. Holy shit another blade that uses it!
    Amazon is the cheapest place I've found to get it. Other websites cost a little more.
    There will still be a little bit of resin build up where your water splashes up and dries. But any chunky resin will just sit in the water.
    I highly recommend this to anyone with a bong.

12. Yup, what medicine man said! The down stem and part where the water doesn't touch gets a bit of build up.

I actually started using it by accident. I went to my local head shop and asked for a product to CLEAN my bong. And the chick recommended Res Block. So I bought it without thinking/reading the label. When I got home I realized what it was and tryed it anyways. Boy am I glad I did!

13. Bought an ashcatcher this weekend along with a carbon filter to keep my bong clean I plan on just spending $40 on multiple bong cleaners and see what works if they do at all probably 420cleaner , grunge off , and that rez block , any other suggestions ,.?

14. Where do u find this and how much does it cost approx.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Like $10 bucks, get it at my local headship (bong/pipe/papers etc store)