Fasting

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by BigBlazer, Jun 20, 2014.

The refeeding process isn't that serious just take it one step at a time. I didn't do much on those days to be honest. I stayed indoors alsmost the whole time and just stayed on the internet and on the phone talking to people mainly. How you fast is very important too.

2. so you're saying you didn't consume anything but water for a month??

3. Sorry for what? It's okay that you don't really understand whats happening. Many do. For millennia people have fasted and not just for religious purposes. A cleansing takes place to detoxify, along with redirected much needed energy to the body to heal. Your GI tract takes up so much energy digestion food all the time. Plus, it breaks down old tissues that have trace elements and vitamins, releasing it and absorbing into your body. It breaks down old tissue to make way for healthy new tissue.

http://m.cancer.org/treatment/treatmentsandsideeffects/complementaryandalternativemedicine/dietandnutrition/fasting

Dont just take my word for it, there's hundreds if not thousands of testimonials about fasting cures

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

if im misunderstanding, please show me something showing how fasting is supposed to repair damaged teeth? i dont even really understand what you think would be going on to cause that to happen

5. Um, people fast for well over 40 days, but the average American could not do that, mostly people who are accustomed to poverty can do long fasts.

The longest I fasted was 3 days no solids, it is no easy feat.

But I felt GREAT afterwards. I'm past due for another fasting

6. Fasting is putting your into starvation mode. It makes your body consume itself to survive. Please don't fast for more than a day at a time and if you have to for whatever reason please drink water or juice- as your brain cells begin to break down almost immediately when your blood sugar drops too low. You must maintain electrolytes and some sugars in your blood stream

7. #27 Sammyy, Aug 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2014
    Starvation mode is broscience on par with the whole eat 6 meals a day thing ^

Passed around as fact when its not

But starvation mode is seen as when you're body is deprived it will cling to everything you give it as fat what you're describing is simply a calorie defecit lol. Thats what happens when you're under your maintenance your body basically eats itself. Now what it takes from is a different story ie between fat and lbm

I will say if you fast though fish oil is a must for efa's

8. Around the 24 hour mark of a fast your body produces up to 2000% more hgh than in a fed state

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Looking for a fasting buddy if anyone his kik my username is valanddom....I'll be waiting and ready to start whenever I find my buddy :)

10. Just finished a 4 day water fast whilst riding the Amtrak. Sinuses have never been clearer.

Sent from my N9510 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. #32 ReturnFire333, Dec 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
    My longest fast so far I've lasted 72 hours. I noticed that hunger pangs actually went away, and I was probably in ketosis. At that time, I was actually feeling satisfied (lack of hunger and craving, feeling of sustinence) because my body was working on energy from fat. I felt like I was eating off of my own body and being sustained, but not in a bad way. If you fast past true hunger, that is starvation and bad.

I caved though because I had some green peppers in the fridge and figured they would go splendid on a chicken egg and cheese biscuit, and since have went back to binge eating. Going to try again now.

12. #33 jackhos, Dec 30, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    s

13. Curious to

Should I fast? I want to do one or two day fast!

How and what should I do

Will it help health

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

I'm on day 29 of my juice fast and I feel absolutely amazing.  I go to the gym 6 times a week.  Yes it will most definitely help your health.  The body goes through a cleaning process, also known as a detox.   Here's some documentary's that will help you....in no particular order:

-Fat Sick, and nearly Dead:  on Netflix

-Veducated:  on YouTube

-Raw Food Documentary:  on YouTube

-Earthlings:  on YouTube

-Simply Raw Reversing diabetes in 30 days:  on Youtube