Breaking News: New York State Finally Getting Medical Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by garrison68, Jun 20, 2014.

1. It'll never be quite like CA, but I'm still shocked that even this passed in a state like NY. I lived there for a few years and it seemed like MJ was super demonized. Like, even more than coke and shit.

Could have just been the area I lived in too. :wacko:

2. #42 lilro, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
    In CA it's not crooked doctors, it's just much more lax medical ailments to qualify. You don't have to be a stage 4 cancer patient to benefit medically from cannabis.

People think they are "getting away with" using ailments such as migraines or anxiety and whatnot to get a card, when those are legitimate claims.

No they don't.  Many are getting away with lying about having such ailments and there's plenty of crooked docs around.  Do you live in CA?

4. #44 lilro, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2014
    Yes. Have you read prop 215?

I know people are lying. But they are lying about minor things that are legitimate ailments. We've all had a headache at some point in our life. That is considered legitimate for the recommendation of marijuana. It is a RECOMMENDATION, not a PRESCRIPTION. People are lying when they don't even need to 9 times out of 10.

They are trying to change it though.

and people have never lied to get scripts for pharmaceutical drugs? what's the point?

6. While I'm glad that New York has finally legalized, I also think it's a shame that we have yet another restrictive bill that severely limits what you can do with weed. We need to stop pretending like this is a good bill. This bill is shit and of course, is "medical only". Like I've said s thousand times, Colorado and Washington have shown that recreational weed is just fine, so why are we still acting like this is a new drug that we know nothing about? Its great for medicinal and recreational use so why not just legalize recreational? It all seems so idiotic to me

7. what I'm saying is isn't tere people who say shit like "I can't sleep" or "my back hurts" and the doc would give you a card cause they're more laid back. In NYS what I heard and read is that now they're going to be more strict than the laid-back-docs of CA. Or other medical states.

Yes there are people that do that, and yes, in CA, that counts as a legitimate reason to be recommended mmj. Marijuana does indeed help people sleep, and it relieves minor pains. I haven't read the actual text of NY's law but I doubt it will be ANYTHING like CA.

9. yeah exactly and hell yeah right now I'm smoking like the perfect bud it keeps me up for 2-3 hours and then I wana passout and sleep and it's funny cause marijuana does help me with sleep. But I was just trying to say that if I can hopefully find a doc that's like the ones in Cali then it would be awesome. It's doubtful since it'll be nothing like Cali's set up but I'm hoping.

I guess you missed this part:

"To ensure that seriously ill Californians have the right to obtain and use marijuana for medical purposes"

You're confusing the intent of the law with what commonly occurs between liars and quacks when money is involved.  Kind of funny how that rare headache can be deemed a serious illness when the doc smells your wallet. 

11. Unless you are SERIOUSLY ill, You wont be getting a card. You have a shallow understanding of Mmj legalization in New York.

12. ^ I worded that last statement screwy for sure. but to what you said about a laid back doctor

this is hardly legal mmj. You cant even consume or cultivate the plant. only the edible/oil form. Bill was made not entirely in the interest of the patients. lots of bad shit goes on behind the curtains

13. #53 BluntedUp, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
    this bill is useless.  I wish they could just legalize the shit instead of beating around the bust for 20/30 years.

fuck it though, this bill has literally affected nothing for me as i can't smoke the buddha.  I'll just stick to my trusted weedmen.

NY is a totalitarian state, they'll dick us all out on this.  and the sickly patients will be stuck paying for another expensive "treatment."

14. IMO regarding this as a MMJ bill is false advertisement designed to lure misplaced hope; while the private interests line up for who's going to provide/control limited access points.

NO CULTIVATION
    NO RAW MATERIAL
    = NO DEAL

Unless citizen rights are not important to you. These types of bills are akin to legislation that would allow lycopene extracts (patented, proprietary) for treating cancer whilst tomato gardens are simultaneously outlawed across the US. Of course, in the name of protecting the people and the children! Don't forget the children! Besides, it's TOO DANGEROUS for people to self-medicate with your home grown tomatoes. What if you used dangerous animal fertilizer, or took in too many of the associated constituents? Best bet is to visit your local pharmacist who can provide you with authenticated, pure, synthesized lycopene extract so you don't accidentally OD on those other tomato constituents!!

15. Exactly.  Cuomo didn't even wan't  medicinal weed.  this was more of a fuck you this is all you're getting out of me kinda thing.

16. This kind of bill will be the norm for future MMJ states.
    Once the whining becomes overwhelming, the response being shouted back will be,
    "what are you complaining about now? You wanted it legal. Well, it's legal. Don't like it this way? Tough shit."

very inaccurate prediction. it's much easier to vote on new laws and amendments once you have something in place. 
    a politician cannot answer "tough shit" if the votes are supporting what people want. it's pretty simple.

regarding "the norm" ... many states have mmj bills in-place or being drafted and they are very different than what was passed in NY. 

18. Oh no?? Think again. They do every day. What do you think, a politician is cordial and sincere?? What a nice soft padded world you live in. Open your eyes. NY and Florida have bills that are almost identical to what is in the works for PA. No homegrown, specific CBD only strains, doctor administered oils, outrageous permitting fees for the select corporate growers, etc.

Oh wait, your right, what was I thinking. Politicians ALWAYS tell the truth and follow what the voters want.....

19. But there could be a CHANCE the dr can perscribe what ever they see fit.
    Please show me a mmj bill that doesn't specifically say what is a qualifying condition for mmj . Get real. Even all of ca 420 qualifying conditions are listed. Oh yeah. They will also be able to change the bill In a few years to that will allow growing.
    They must be smoking that loud dro kush down there.

20. Give a stoner weed and nothing to smoke out of and they become an engineer