Do You Think Pets Ever Think About Life?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Tokinsince2012, Jun 19, 2014.

1. what if every animal had consciousness and we just dont know it..

2. #22 -Xmo, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
    This thread has me laughing my ass off! 

As for me, I constantly wonder what the hell goes through my cat's mind. It couldn't be anything too interesting, as all he does it lay around and sleep, and when he's not doing that he's eating. 

3. I swear he's a reincarnated human put into a dogs body sometimes. 
     [​IMG]

4. if my dog's not conscious then how does she know what toy to grab when i tell her which to get... or to whine for a treat... or what start barking when i say "theres a squirrel ".. of course they are.

Uh..  :huh:

6. lol sounds a lot like me. However the things I think about are far more interesting than one might think

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. I have a cat, cats = the best animal in the world IMO

I'm pretty sure she ponders about various things, I always catch her sitting in her various spots around the house looking like she's in deep thought. 

8. did you just use the pound sign to represent pounds lmfao

9. #29 snoopdog6502, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014

Should have used Lbs.

10. nah i like the creativity lol

11. Aww this makes me want a guinea pig haha

I think that my dogs have to think about life and such because they'll just randomly stare out in space for a really long time

--Ride the tiger, you can see his stripes but you know he's clean!--

12. [​IMG]

13. So far, cartoon animations have been shown as a visual indicator for animalistic--induced thoughts, but again, they're voiced by humans. If animals do think about life, they showcase their feelings by giving out subtle hits to make you figure out. It's pretty easy to indicate by their facial expressions, but it'll be enthralling, if there was some kind of vocal translator invention, it would give us a clue what language they communicate in. I wonder if telepathy is possible with animals....

14. Great posts guys. I somehow managed to miss the first page back when I made this thread so I didn't get to read all the comments til now. I can't imagine being stuck in a hamsters or guinea pigs or even a bird and be perfectly content with it. We all really are lucky to be human

15. i believe I read an article where we managed to invent some sort of communication device for chimps. It would be incredible to have a product you could buy in retail you could just use on your dog or cat so that you may communicate with them and build a stronger bond between you and your pets.

16. Indeed, here's an article I found: http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-28023630   Researchers say that chimpanzees communicate 19 specific messages to one another with a "lexicon" of gestures. Pretty cool. 

17. I heard that dogs realize that they r different from humans and obey us bc they realize whereas cats just see humans as another cat. Like were all the same. That's why cats don't ever obey you

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Humans and dolphins are the only conscious beings, the rest are a bunch of tards

http://discovermagazine.com/2012/jul-aug/06-what-is-your-dog-thinking

This quote sounds about right.  But I've been wondering something lately:  So I'll start by stating what everyone already knows, I'm not a scientist.  But I get stoned and watch the science channel enough to know a couple things.  They say evolution perpetuates by organisms being born occasionally with slightly mutated genes from their parents which give them some kind of new or different characteristics.  If this new trait leads to more eatin' or more fuckin' then it's more likely to be passed on and so on and so forth.

so how many times in the history of life have animals been born with an unprecedented intelligence, or some kind of human like characteristic but it just didn't get passed down to offspring. Like an existential lion isn't gonna catch a gazelle any easier. Or an empathetic moose, you would never hear about that but it would be awesome.  Anybody catchin my drift?  :smoking: