Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How To Avoid Being Constantly Tired While High?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SlightlyStonedSD, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Work out. Be active.
    Eat lemons. Drink black tea.
    tale a cold shower.
    Don't smoke as much. Don't smoke as early.
    Eat non fatty food.
    Listen to motivating/energetic music.

2. And don't do the same monotonous shit every day

3. Take a t break it cured my tiredness or eat right before you smoke.
    Tho I have low blood sugar so that probably is why eating helped me.

4. Im from Argentina! Yerba mate is like like mothers warm milk.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Take a vitamin B suppliment. Thank me later

6. I usually drink hella sweet tea if i'm tired..maybe shoot up some vitamin B12?? lol

7. I'm not sure, maybe it's just who you are.

I am that way with beer/whisky, but not with marijuana. 

If I get off work (I actually work morning shift, but I don't get off until the evening, which is around 6-ish) and try and drink a beer or two, or a glass of whisky while I watch TV, I literally instantly get tired and tend to doze off. 

However, if I get home from work and sit down and smoke some bud, I rarely get tired, if at all. 

Alcohol makes me WAY more tired than smoking does. I have to drink with a crowd or else it's basically like a lullaby for adults for me. 

Try taking a break from drinking so much coffee. It will loosen your tolerance for it and it will make you wide awake again when you have that first cup after your coffee t-break. 

8. #88 Lawlerskates, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    Vape sativa. Smoking indica-dominant hybrids or indicas will make you tired due to body high. I vape to wake up in the morning and I vape when I get tired to keep myself going. Smoking in general will make you a lot more tired and groggy compared to vaping.

9. #89 solarhitz, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
    Drink a ton of water and a little caffeine. That'll give you the "pep" feeling back.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Try a sativa¿

Skate.

11. #91 RatJumper, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
    I know exactly what you mean. Been smoking for a while now and thus my general strategy is to switch up my "blazing zone". In other words, change your setting in between toke sessions. It doesn't even have to be a major change...for instance within a small room change the places you sit in while toking up.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Be productive and fight the tire don't let it get to you. It's all in your mind

13. I haven't done it myself but others I know use adderall or vyvansw with weed.

14. #94 OneOfTheGoodOnes, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
    That's your problem.
    As a person who worked nights, more money for working swing or graveyard, I found that you have to keep the same hours on your days off.  If you don't your body never gets a chance to get used to the hours and you're always sleepy.

15. OP Update:

Still working graveyard, still trying to live a normal life on the weekends. It's working better than it used to.

I'm exercising more, taking Omega 3 oil, drinking smoothies, meditating. This combination of changes has resulted in better sleep and feeling more rested during the day.

weekends were my biggest problem but now I limit smoking in the morning and take an occasional nap and it's all good.

I'm also about to get one of these toys and I think it's gonna help a lot to vape with precision temp control.
    [​IMG]

16. Vaporizing is good, but it is essentially the same high (I know this is arguable) unless, perhaps, you are purposefully trying to leave some cannabinoids behind by using very low temperatures. OP already said he smokes Sativas so I don't see why this should really make much difference. I do vaporize, by the way. It's great, but it's still the same drug. It just tastes better and hurts less.

It seems like the main problem is working a tiring night-shift and then trying to switch that up for part of the week to spend time with his girl. That in itself fatigues people and if you're high most of the time, even with a Sativa, it can wear on you. Experimenting with some different strains may help, but I feel like he has probably done that. I think the realistic things he can do are perhaps a few of the little health tips and probably just getting plenty of sleep and probably smoking a bit less. It's great to be high (I try not to come down more often than I have to) but it sucks to be tired when you need to be doing stuff.

Thanks for your reply. Yes, my plan with vaporizing is to only vape low temps early in the day for an uplifting high (hopefully) and then when I'm trying to sleep I'll crank up the temp and vape it again for the sedative effects.

18. I should of listened to you guys earlier. Vaping solved all my problems. I'm more alert and energetic while high with much less burnout. This was exactly what I needed.

19. I crash so hard sometimes on sativas, but I don't sleep enough.