Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How To Avoid Being Constantly Tired While High?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SlightlyStonedSD, Jun 19, 2014.

1. I work second shift. 230pm tell 230am. My issue is im stoned at work and turn all zombie like. But if I dont smoke people get on nerves and it never fails...but im in the same boat but besides the gf issue. My gf has said if it bothered me how much you smoke would you stop for a bit. I straight up said id most likely smoke behind your back then hate to say it but common. Not like its a drinking problem

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. A body in motion, tends to stay in motion.

When I get that feeling after I smoke, I get up and do something. atleast find something to piddle with to keep me going

3. Light, man.

If you aren't managing your light exposure when you're working 3rd shift your body will never adjust and get back to a normal circadian rhythm.

Your body is like a crop of primo weed, certain colors and durations of light will make you do different things. White, bright lights wake you, red lights put you to sleep, flashing lights make you wanna put on some Kanye and blaze...

You can try melatonin therapy too, it does wonders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. How did your lady react to the ultimatum between her and pot? My old lady would have kicked my ass, packed my bags and throw me out on the street.

5. Lol @ the flashing lights

Yeah I just talked to my doctor last week and he said even though I don't have trouble falling asleep melatonin can still help get my sleep cycle under control

6. She wouldn't give me an ultimatum. I just joke around with her that I would pick weed.

When we met I was a wild ass 19 year old. So 7 years later, 4 of which on probation, I calmed down a lot. I treat her good and bring home the bacon so she's not worried about the weed.

7. #67 eyec0n, Jul 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2014
    Coffee. Lot's of coffee. Then more coffee.

8. Just wanted to let you know this was great advice. I started drinking smoothies pretty much everyday and I feel a lot better. It doesn't completely solve my original sleep problem but It helps a lot with energy and it's all natural. sometimes I have a smoothie instead of coffee.

I think about myself like a plant getting my nutes HA. My favorite is strawberry, banana, blueberry. I'm gonna have to try some kiwi in there.

Thanks for the advice!

9. Take b12, ginkgo biloba, siberian and panax ginseng, couple hours before work. Buy some anti smoking gum with nicotine, chew 15 minutes before work. As your enjoying the the flavor of your choice, I recommend orange. Slam one of your shot bottles of liquor. Chase with energy drink of choice. 4 hours in on your break slam another shot and energy drink.

I take no responsibility for stroke heart attack or blood aneurism. Caused by using this technique. Do this at your own RISK

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

lol wtf? I can't tell if you're being serious but that doesn't sound pleasant.

Plus I usually have plenty of energy at work it's the weekends when I shift my sleep schedule 12 hours that I have problems

11. Oh i forgot to mention to slam a raw egg with the first shot, for protein. Wanna try and be healthy about things
    Oh i forgot to mention to slam a raw egg with the first shot, for protein. Wanna try and be healthy about things
    Oh i forgot to mention to slam a raw egg with the first shot, for protein. Wanna try and be healthy about things

12. I dont even know how that got posted 3 times. Must be my secret energy drink. WOOOOOOO. Seriously though my bad

Hi I can help you with your problem. I've found a solution to counter this exact effect.  ill tell you what you're doing wrong from my point of view

1. youre working a night job so no sunlight exposure... u sleep during the day, your internal clock is fucked. that clock in your brain
    2. ur gf is probkly stressin u out bout the weed stuff, jsut tune that sht out. weed isnt the issue its the night job so far from wat ive read
    3. ur dumb for drinkin coffee, its a terrible drink that corporate world wants u to gulp down for their $$$ profit. Fact is caffeine is addictive as fuck just stop altogther and start consuming water like water. 100% water thats what I've done it works. No milk, no orange juice, no vodka, no beer, no gatorade, JUST WATER gotta have a strict diet if you want to benefit from feeling good
    4. type of marijuana doesn't matter.

I smoke indicas/sativas all day long.. never have any problems. the key is to get 8 hrs a sleep go outside do somethin, and stop drinking retarded drinks just drink regular water lol its simple billions of humans have done it for thousands of years whys it so hard to understand it now? u got internet for all information at your disposal dude

good luck hope this helped!

14. #74 SlightlyStonedSD, Jul 24, 2014
    Well my job is the only job I have so I have to deal with it.

My girlfriend doesn't give a shit that I smoke.

I drink water religiously. I drink nothing with sugar in it and stay highly hydrated. Coffee is almost all water and people have also been drinking it for a thousand years so I'm not "dumb" for drinking it.

Saying the "corporate world" wants me to drink coffee for $$ makes you sound a little bit like a crazy internet conspiracy theorist.

15. I find the gym, and being outside helps a lot. You just need to get a good sweat on and you'll sweat a lot of it out, and you'll feel a lot better. 

Being around people I find helps, too, and just going about your normal day routine. Also drink water, and have a healthy meal. Greens, some chicken, a starch. You'll feel good. 

16. #76 Rootsphere_Farms, Jul 24, 2014
    It hits everyone differently, me on the other hand. I will feel lazy/tired at some point in my high if not all of it. It sucks 90% of my energy and motivation right when I blow out the hit.

Going outside or to the gym? How with completley no motivation or energy? I don't want to do anything AT ALL when I smoke. If I smoke during the day or at work I will drastically slow down and be very worn out and tired for the rest of the day. Sativa or Indica, I have to only smoke before bed unless I want to be super lazy all day.

When I'm not smoking I have energy, and motivation to do the things I love. That's why I only smoke in the evenings when there's nothing to do but relax. Mixing natural tiredness with weed = looks like I'm on meth my eyes will start rolling in the back of my head twitching, nodding off, it's impossible to stay awake through the power of the takedown.

Even if I wake up from a full 8-10 hour sleep, I can pass right back out for 4 hours very easily.

17. #77 TokingSince96, Jul 24, 2014
    Say mention of water. I do think its funny how man had hard time finding clean drinking water. Had to add alcohol, or boil in tea to consume. Now we have crystal pure water, no one seem to appreciate it. Our ancestors even fairly recently would have sold, there right nut or tit, for a glass from our arrowhead bottle

18. Arrowhead is buke as fuck

19. I have the same issue.  I find it is better if I hold off and don't smoke first thing in the morning, wait until midday.  The other thing that seems to help a lot is to get some exercise; go for a walk, a bike ride, get your blood flowing.

20. i only smoke before bed because of this