Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How To Avoid Being Constantly Tired While High?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SlightlyStonedSD, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Hey that's not very nice :(

2. I don't get the question. I start smoking the minute I leave work and smoke until a few hours before my next shift starts.

Are you calling bullshit about the fact I only smoke sativa during the day?

I have more weed than the average bear so I have options.

3. I love having a joint and a cup of coffee in the morning. Problem is I drink so much coffee for night shift it takes away from the effect when I'm just trying to chill.

4. I'd suggest going on a smoothie kick. I drink one with fresh blueberries, strawberries, kiwi, and a banana every morning before I smoke. Smoothies will fill you up and give you a shit ton of energy, plus there are a million different fruits you can play with so they won't get boring.

5. B12 man it really helps with this i take a B12 pill everyday. Look into it.

6. yeah thats what stopped me from drinking coffee the adverse effect it has on chilled stoned... i dont recommend any drugs to keep you up. the vid i posted was just a funny... ive actually found niacin makes me quite peppy but it can also have some unwanted effects, even if using the flush free.. slight tremors especially if taken with coffee. but bad side effects seem to fade away if taken daily. Have you talked to your nutritionist/doctor?? Im sure you're not the only person who struggles with tiredness, im sure they will know more than us stoners, altho we do know how to stay awake its just not the healthy way lol.

7. stop drinking coffee, ive always found green apples work better cause they dont have a crash like caffeine does. also you said "no matter how much you sleep" id be careful about how much sleep your getting, try getting 8 hours and no more.

also, i had a similar problem where smoking pretty much just made me want to sleep. lie none of the good effects, just sleep. i got much more hydrated and that cured it like 100%.

but honestly coffee is probably whats doing it to you

8. I switched to vaping at Christmas of last year. Do not ask me why... I got hooked on those pen vapes and trying to get a SECOND taste of the goodness that is vaping. But my sis gave me a Volcano. Then I bought an Arizer Solo. And a Magic Flight Launch Box. And a Titan (Pinnacle clone). I got a real good list... Seriously, though, within a month a friend told me I seemed more alert. Then another friend said the same. Then my sister said I was seeming much more conversational and upbeat. Then yet ANOTHER friend said something... There is a huge diff between getting a whole spectrum of chemicals at one whooping hit and getting slowly released sub-combustion hits of the most elegant and sweet perfume you have ever tasted in your life (wait,do we eat perfume?)! And your brains/energy/you come back! The "bad" part of smoking is that it's a tsunami of chems coming in. Vaping, on the other hand, esp. at lower temps, is releasing a few of the desirable chems at a time with NONE of the bad ones. and as you up the temp, diff things are released... There are nearly a dozen cannabinoids turned into vapor at about 160C degrees: pain killers, euphoriants, anti-inflamms, bone growth drugs, cancer killing instructions -- pot makes cancer commit suicide. no shit. So consider vaping instead of smoking. It's a whole new experience -- as diff from smoking it as eating it is.

AND AND AND the best thing of all about vaping is that you get to RE-USE your weed! It even has a different name: already been vaped (ABV), and it's got loads of goodies in it well after it tastes like shit. But since it hasn't burned at all, those goodies are still there. I now make vape juice (add it to glycerin), butter (add it to unsalted melted butter or ghee), coconut oil (add it to the coconut oil) to eat and as a salve (the coconut oil OR the glycerin), and hash oil/concentrates (add to everclear) out of the same weed I used to toss into the garbage after burning. Now it goes into a jar (sativa, hybrid or indica), and once I've got enough (5-7 grams), I go to the kitchen with it, put it in a little cheesecloth burrito, tie it up and drop it in one of the above liquids for varying amts of time. It's BEEN decarboxilated by vaping. All the thc-a et al cannabinoids are now pure delta 9 thc etc., just from being vaped. You could skip the vaping and put it in the oven at 220 for 15 min and get the same effect, but I choose to do my own decarbing! Do a tiny bit of research on vaping and on cooking and you'll see. You tube was my teacher. I learned more from how NOT to do things than how TO do them, btw. And that weed burrito? Unless it was in the butter, it can go into the bathtub with you next... THEN it goes back to nature...

And finally I reclaim all the oils (ALL THE OILS!!!) by cleaning all my stuff with everclear instead of ISO. Then I can use it to make oils, tinctures, or I can mix my hash and MFLB (often combusts slightly, thus the abv is not safe to eat... just don't do it. do not add one spectilimeter of burned anything to a food product. you WILL regret it. Friendships have been ruined by such. But, even the slightly burnt stuff can be used for making vape juice, which isn't eaten, merely enjoyed. The techniques are all the same, the fluids and resulting products are different. Quid (burrito of pot) goes into fluid which is in a container in a water bath, stays until color is right or 18 hours, depending. Take it out, wring it out or better yet put in potato ricer and squash it good, save the quid for your bath (unless it was used to make butter -- if so, save in fridge for cooking later...), and bob's yer uncle, all is well!

I cannot imagine going back to smoking. First of all, it makes me yark. Literally. Second, though, the vaping SYSTEM of usage is just a cottage industry all its own. Nothing is discarded until it's been wrung completely dry. Best of all, I have begun titrating OFF the goddamned methodone it takes to shut up the nerve damage! I may get off that shitty drug before all my teeth are gone, please god. And if I do, it's because I started vaping my meds, instead of smoking them and laying around in a fog. I hope this helps you in some way, friend. My pc's been acting up so I haven't updated it recently, but I have a blog on vaping on wordpress.com called "vaping4life" which is my humble attempt to proselytize all pot smokers into vaping and away from smoking, especially the medically needy... Good luck to ya.

9. #49 orbweaver, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2014
    ^ what he said. My vape is a cheap piece of doo doo (I should've got a Vapor Genie or MFLB for what I spent) that still burns half the weed I put in it... But even it is better than lighting up a joint. I can hit it several times a day and still have plenty of energy and generally conduct my business like a non stoner (Not that I do this a whole lot, but sometimes if I'm in pain then I need to). Also I'm able to make an 1/8 last a month.

If I smoke, I will be married to the recliner chair for the next few hours.

I have bad ADHD and sometimes use the weed to help me concentrate on school projects/studies, or boring repetitive chores. I am not clear headed enough after smoking to use it for this. Vaping? Yes! It's a functional high.

10. Sativas are better for mind highs and have less effects on the body. Indicas have stronger body highs, making you more physically relaxed and less likely to move and stay awake.

Listen to music while high. Feel the rhythm and bass in your chest. Psychedelic music helps you space out and go on magic trips in your mind, keeping you awake.

Smoke outdoors. Fresh air and sun helps you stay awake.

Smoke with other people. Company prevents boredom and by extension, prevents sleepiness.

If you're punching cones, punch one, wait until you're a liitle high then punch another. Have at least 10-15 minute breaks between cones.

If you're smoking joints, chain smoke them then an hour into your high, smoke another.

Wear jeans. It's harder to sleep in jeans lol.

Don't eat fast-food. Sloppy burgers and oily fries make you lethargic and lazy.

11. You and your sober buddy go to a amusement park. Like I do. Really fun and intense. Never get tired either lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

12. If getting high is significantly affecting your personal relationships, and work/school, you need to re-arrange your priorities. Stick to smoking when you know you have time to chill, or youre done with whatever youre doing for the day.

13. Thanks Dr Phil but my priorities are getting high and getting money

14. Look into different strains.  
    And also, how high you get is a factor as well.  Instead of smoking a bowl and get really high, try taking a hit or two, then purposefully forget you just smoked a fifth of what your used to and get occupied with something else.  You get fringe effects and not the whole onslaught of effects.  This way you can kinda go in and out of being stoned, you may get the giggles over something stupid, but still 100% capable of driving a car or other kind of attentive work.
     You can start training yourself to enjoy being just a little medicated by really paying attention to the effects of the strain you're smoking.  
    Maybe invest in a nug scope too so you can check the trichromes level of degradation.
    I think it honestly comes down to the strain though.  So many variations nowadays.

15. What is your sleeping schedule? I use to go to bed when i got home at 8am and woke up around 4pm so i could try to still have a life and go out at night when everyone else usually gets out of work. I was always tired and wanting more sleep. Then i started going to bed around 1/2pm and waking up at 9pm and it has helped a lot! And i replaced coffee/soda with 5 hour energy extra strength.

16. I find that caffeine kills my high a bit. If I drink it when im completely gone, it makes me feel like shit. However if I wait till the point in my high where I get really sleepy right before the burnout stage, it will sober me up and wake me and I can function as normal. My advice, if you wanna keep the high and not crash is just keep working. All the concentration on the task at hand lifts me out of that tiredness.

17. 2 cups of large coffee a day aha, i even know of some people who have adderall prescriptions - keeps you up. Just gotta nut it up and say "what would snoop do"...*rolls another blunt*

18. If you still want to get high, I suggest you start vaping! I bought a MFLB just recently and before getting it, I read up that your high is a really mind-high and your high is a lot clearer. After using the MFLB I can definitely agree that you don't feel couch-locked and I can actually do things. I also know it's not cuz of the strain... because I smoked some of it the other day and it definitely gives me a heavy, couch locked high.

19. I worked night shift for a few years. It throws off your normal stuff. I was always tired, I hated it. It's the shift. Try drinking more water or green tea. Drinking water does help a lot, but again- it's that damn shift. You never really get used to it. I ended up losing a lot of weight and someone said- "oh you've had the third shift weight loss" it's just crazy what it does to your body.

20. People say you get used to the graveyard shift. Those are the people that never worked it.