Anyone Read The Teachings Of Don Juan By Carlos Castenada

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by Tokesmith, Jun 18, 2014.

1. #1 Tokesmith, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014
    These books are very interesting and I want to see if any other blades have read it. If you haven't it's about a anthropologist who became a student of a Yaqui Indian. Won't tell you the rest but the teacher uses psychedelics as a tool to expand the authors mind. Apparently because he was to attached to this reality to learn without them.

"I'm to drunk, to taste this chicken" -Talladega nights

2. What would you like to know. I have read them all

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. what did you think of them? Are the others worth buying? And how credible do you think he was?

4. What are you interested in when it comes to don Juan. If its the spiritual aspect then I would recommend you finishing the whole series, but if you are interested in the hallucinogens aspect then I would recommend a whole different world of books for you!

5. I'm more interested in the spiritual aspect of it. But I'll take any suggestions on the hallucinogenic books.

6. Then definitely finish the series. There are even a couple newer ones. On the other, I would check out Jim dekorne, and Jonathon ott. Enjoy.

7. I've read them all. I'm still unsure if all this actually happened though.

8. sounds like a good read. i'll have to add it to my list of books to read.

9. That's what I was wondering. He made a little tribe or something of his own and had a few followers who kept with it after he died. One of them disappeared then 9 years later they found her dead in the woods. Not dead for 9 years but a recent death so she survived for awhile. In the book Don Juan said that if the spirits caused your death it would look like a accident. They determined her cause of death was a accident.

10. Anthropology is a field that I was interested in when younger but never pursued it due to the headache of a change in course. Can you give one example of what exactly he learnt in regards to taking psychedelics?

11. He learned to use various plants to help become a "man of knowledge".