1St Time Grower - Am I Headed In The Right Direction?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ThatGirl508, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Hey guys! This is my very first time growing and I have absolutely no idea what products are best or what to/what not to do as far as growing goes. I ordered a batch of seeds from Herbies Pick'n'Mix and planted 2 of them (Buddha Magnum Autoflowering Fem. & Royal Queen Critical Fem.) directly into Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil on Friday the 13th to germinate in small Eco Pots that came with the General Organics "Go Box". I've heard about the paper towel and water methods but figured that I would take the natural route so that I didn't "shock the girls" during transplanting since I don't know much about this. They've been sitting on my tv stand
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403038483.093058.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403038507.807408.jpg covered with plastic wrap but not covered to the point to where no oxygen could get in, just enough to keep moisture. So far, my Critical girl just decided to come above soil today, which I'm pretty excited about. Magnum still hasn't made her grand entrance yet but I'm hoping that it will be soon. When these ladies get a little bigger and stronger, I plan to move them into 5 gallon Geo Pots and still use the Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. I also purchased the General Organics "Go Box" (I haven't started using the chemicals on the girls yet). Does it seem like I'm heading down the right path? Any advice from experienced growers is welcomed. I'm also still looking for a decent priced grow light so if anyone has a particular brand that works for them, please feel free to share. I want to grow under a 1000w light as I heard that higher watts=better yields. Also, if you've ever grown these 2 strains, how was the yield in the end? I know I probably won't get monsters the 1st time around but it's exciting to hear about or see something to possibly look forward to :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. *UPDATE* Critical is officially above soil now! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403046522.489915.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. How's it commin

4. Fox Farm Ocean Forest is a little hot for new seedlings. Their starter feed is called Happy Frog. You may be okay with that soil but keep on them for nutrient burn. It might be hard to tell for a few days, but the true leaves (not the first leaves, second set of leaves) should be a nice green, not brown on the tips and not curled up. If they are getting burned you may have to risk transplanting into some soil that's a little milder. Good luck!