The Best Grinder...

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Breezyfam, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Over a year ago I got my grinder confiscated from the police, the catcher was rammed to the top with crystals.. sad times. It was from this website, It was purple and I believe it was made by Black Leaf if they do grinders. R.I.P Purple Dragon.

A few months back.. I finally saved enough to have a crystal catcher literally nearly over flowing.. bang there goes my luck and we get pulled over ... again. It was a Black HeadChef grinder.. pretty decent!

So, I learnt my lesson with metal grinders and I use my trustworthy Medtainer when out and about as it's good and cheap to replace.

But my real question here is, what is the best grinder? I'm looking for one to take care off, keep inside. I have heard so much about the Santa Cruz Shredder, but £60 for a grinder?! Is it worth it?

What is the best grinder... considering money and its actual ability to grind .. and of course how sexy it is.

Any experiences with bad grinders aswell, just fill me in and share some links if you can, I want a crystal catcher really.

Peace! :)

2. @[member="Old School Smoker"] Haha.. I made the thread to see some personal experiences etc, I am aware of some of the grinders out there but would rather not waste money on a bad one like I have done before.

3. I love my Santa Cruz shredder the thing grinds perfect for my pax vape. The screen is very fine but I get a massive amount of keif from a Quarter and yes it was worth every penny

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. #5 Hammerfell, Jun 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2014
    I bought a 4 piece sharp-stone grinder for $50 USD and it's one of the best implements I have ever bought, absolutely flawless.

5. I bought a no name, 10 dollar grinder off amazon and it works perfectly never had a problem in the year+ I've had it. paying more than 15 bucks for a grinder makes absolutely no sense to me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I bought a sweet stone grinder for around $20. I assume it's some sort of a knock off from Sharp Stone, but the thing works great.

7. The new 4 piece Compton Grinder is nasty as hell. A little pricey but it looks worth it

Sent from my Nexus 5

8. Love my Cosmic Case grinder I got awhile back. Amazing grind, smooth, everything falls to the next chamber, seems to collect a lot of trichs quickly.
    Feels solid as hell too, definitely worth the $65 I paid for it.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

9. I got a 4.99 metal grinder off of amazon works good

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

10. I have a cosmic case. I don't like the design of this one. It grinds VERY well, but the screen is basically built into the holes on it, so I have to clean the fucking holes after every use if I want to continue collecting kief. I'm investing in a large, 4-piece, titanium grinder from Space Case soon. My friend has one and it is absolutely perfect. A bit pricey, but it's exactly what I want, so I'm getting that bish! Hope whatever you decide to get, you like.

11. Space case! 100

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. It's not TI! It's just TI anodized coating to avoid rusting and oxidation.

It is NOT TI! Just aluminum.

That being said great grinder, never looked back!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. space case for me

14. @[member="slugger996"] Yeah my friend had a Rasta one, its huge and works like a beast, just don't know whether to spend all that money just for a grinder! cheers though man.

@[member="Hammerfell"] Sharpstone? I wonder if its any cheaper for me in the U.K, thanks for the feedback i'll look into it. 

@[member="Sammyy"] has it got a keif catcher? if so can you link me to it ? cheers dude.

@[member="Ari Green"] got a link at all mate? cheers :)

@[member="spe926"] never heard of it, maybe because im from UK. Got a link bro? 

@[member="DownTheCross"] Cosmic Case... sounds interesting. got a link at all? im going to compare all of the responses on here haha.

@[member="Misterman228"] has it got a trich catcher? :)

@[member="Pie Romania"] that would annoy me man, guess ill give it a miss if you have to clean it each time :) 

@YoShytsWeak @weedheadz im gonna look into these space case's, they sound the best to me next to the shredder. :)

15. I'll have to double check the brand name I bought, but it's a really sexy green color grinder I picked up in a cool underground smoke shop a few months back or so. Had it for probably over a half year, no real problems with it. Gets the job done nicely most of the time, however sometimes some of the bud gets stuck between the metal teeth. Oh well, I have tools to get it out quickly.

In my grinder I keep a half dollar to help sift the kief into the next chamber, and I also keep a small Lego shovel to help scoop weed into pieces :3

It works like a charm.

The last grinder I bought had a metal handle on top that you could use to grind it. Broke that quickly. Never buy a grinder with a metal hand crank on the top.

16. In my experience:
    Best grinders are:
    1. Greenshark grinder: recommended
    2. Santa Cruz shredder: recommended
    3. Mama P's
    4. Space case
    5. Cosmic
    6. Mendo
    7. Sharpstone

7. Compton grinders appear to be great, But I have not purchased or used one yet.

I recommend buying a greenshark or Santa Cruz because they have warranties & decent customer service.
    No name grinders are fine, but they are always made from inferior metal, they will not last as long & if they break you have to buy anew one if anything goes wrong,

17. Santa Cruz Shredder over everything. I've bought a few because I had a few friends buy them off me lol they will last your lifetime. Absolutely worth the money!,

18. @[member="gfd"] Just looked up the Green Shark, never heard of this as we don't have them here in the U.K. They look pretty good, I like the little thing you can open so you can pour the bud out. Might look into it/

Just looked up the Mama P's aswell, that is the best grinder/smoking company I have seen for a long while.. Pretty expensive but easy to save for a product that is so worth it! They do some cool other products aswell, definitely going to buy a little travel kit I think.

Cheers :)

19. It's not worth it unless you smoke an O a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum