Why Do You Have To Be Careful With What Materials You Use For Pieces?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by thehigherjew, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Why do you have to be careful of what material you use to construct a piece?  So long as your bowl and downstem are glass I don't see how you could consume hazardous vapors.

2. If you use the wrong glue the vapors can be harmful.  Also the down stem or bowl could get very hot and melt plastic it is in contact with.  It would have to be poor;y made but even with the right bowl and stem parts it could happen.

3. #3 DorianOmega, Jun 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    ever feel how hot a bowl gets after a bowl or 2? well that heat can easily melt plastic and adhesives and have nasty ass fumes run off as you toke even if the plastic doesnt look apparently melted, plus why even take the risk of inhaling fumes when you could just get a glass piece, save some money up.

4. Smoke consists of particles. Even with a quality bowl and downstem, smoke will leech particles from a plastic chamber. Storm Crow wrote a great post on here about a year ago (I believe, shouldn't be too hard to find... I believe the title was "pot won't kill you but your bong might") about someone who's homemade bongs destroyed their health.