True North And Free Guerilla Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GOLDENBOY, Jun 17, 2014.

1. You're right about neem in bloom, you could try applying neem with a cloth and only hitting the fan leaves and leave the bid sites alone. Also if you have pyrethrin I would try that!

I'm not sure if diatomaceous earth works on whiteflies but you could research into that.
    With pyrethrin you only want to hit the fan leaves as well!

2. #802 michganman, Aug 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2014
    Aren't the white fly eggs in the soil? Try a neem soil drench...I could be mistaken, maybe I'm thinking of gnats.

3. #803 PsypherE, Aug 30, 2014
    Whiteflies lay their eggs on the underside of the leaves, a lot(maybe all, but there's always an exception to the rule) of gnats lay in soil

http://www.ghorganics.com/whiteflies.html

4. #804 michganman, Aug 30, 2014
    Yep, you're right just looked it up. I have read all this before but for fucks sake I just can't retain any knowledge lol. That's why almost all my posts end with IMO, or if I'm not mistaken.

5. #805 PsypherE, Aug 30, 2014
    Lol I hear ya! But yea they lay on the leaves so Its best to check the leaves for eggs and crush them manually, coat the leaves with pyrethrin to kill on contact and then the neem oil for a longer lasting repellant as the oil evaporates much slower!

6. Lol I'm just gonna message you with any of my pest concerns mr dictionary.

7. Lol, you're more than welcome to message me with questions! If there's something I don't know I always look it up and usually remember it for the most part unless I'm more high than usual! I actually enjoy doing research as long as I find the topic somewhat interesting.

8. Hey there fellow northerners!

Finally made it to my dry garden after another 2 weeks away! Everything is looking really nice so far! 1409615283994.jpg

So far I'm most impressed with the White Lavender! Its a solid 9' tall and budding along really well! Its one of the furthest into flower so far and has the nicest bud structure in my garden IMO. 1409615256716.jpg 1409610561191.jpg

The FlowerBomb Kush is coming along as well. Its still the darkest green of all my plants and is the slowest to start flowing. The node are quite tight compared to most of the other plants. I'm hoping it catches up with the others and finishes in time! 1409610542889.jpg

The short pheno of the Blue Widow is doing g nicely and has started building some decent top colas! 1409615269295.jpg 1409610492706.jpg

The taller pheno is also doing really well. It has started flowering nicely and is filling out. They are nice and branchy compared to the shorter pheno with colas starting to form nicely! 1409610503697.jpg 1409610516258.jpg 1409610529774.jpg

Anyways I fed each plant a 1/4 cup of flowering bat guano on Saturday morning and gave them each 2 gallons of water! Compared to July august has been quite dry but my large holes in clay filled with peat based super soil absorb a lot of water as the clay surrounding isn't nearly as absorbent!

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

9. Very nice. I dont think they will get any taller, they will only fatten up from here out.. its always a good possibility that it will start budding and just blow by the rest. My sativa was budding 4 weeks before my indicas and now my indicas are way past my sativa

10. Looks great man! Can't wait to see some harvest pics.

I also just got back from my garden. We had a really hard rain and wind that beat the garden up pretty good. I shook all the plants off and propped a few back up. Some look amazing, the northern lights unfortunately does not. It's my largest plant, with the biggest buds but the crystal formation is minimal to this point. But some of the others...damn..straight up stanky trichome covered buds. Look denser than I predicted too. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409616830.161834.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409616850.427754.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409616897.294371.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409616930.445689.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409616960.611128.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1409616992.595200.jpg

11. Them are huge.. mine was small the last time I checked. That was a week ago. I been to busy to get in..

12. one of my strains is waaay behind where I was hoping it would be. It's still only has hairs.

13. Mine will hopefully finish first of October. They are suppose to be done mid September

14. good luck, I'm adjusting my timeline. I think I'll be able to have a few down by the end of September, some the first week in October and a few mid October-Halloween.

15. I dont think mine will survive a late October finish. They will freeze unless global warming kicks in this year

16. Most should survive until Oct 20 or so depending on the year! That's when I'm planning to bring most of mine in! The white lavender and blue widow will both be into the second half of Oct. The kush WAS supposed to be my early finisher but that's not looking so promising now!

17. Lol.. my kush hasnt even started yet

18. #818 jordansb8, Sep 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2014
    Years of outdoor exp: 2
    Latitude: 46.087
    Direct sun @ solstice: 8 hours direct
    Direct sun @ harvest: 
    Date started/cloned: received 1 foot clones jun 7th
    Date put outside: June 7th
    Strains: Vanilla kush
    Aprx harvest dates: Hopefully oct 15th
    Growing medium: Native soil with composted manure and peat moss. 
    Base nutrients: Bone meal, bat guano, general organics grow/bloom,advanced nutrients super team bloom. Advanced Big bud 
    Additional nutrients:
    Pest control: Beer slug trap, copper wire slug protection, insecticidal soap,
    Water source: Rain/well water
    Water schedule: when it rains. And once a week 1/2 advanced nutrients/general organics
    Habitat: outside  
    We usually get frost mid sept-early oct, ya i know its gonna finish late this was taken a week ago, all are 9 1/2 feet IMG_0449 copy - Copy.jpg

19. Welcome. Great to see you. I'll check your profile out soon.

20. You must be in Canada, im guessing Vancouver
    You must be in Canada, im guessing Vancouver