True North And Free Guerilla Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GOLDENBOY, Jun 17, 2014.

1. I know bass love a good slug or crushed snail, particularly the smallies!

2. #582 michganman, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    Ok so I'm going to fill out this little form thing we started...
    ~michganman's garden of Eden~
    28 clones, 2 from seed
    •years of outdoor experience-ehh, 12 years trying, 7 or so successful harvests
    •lattitude- 43
    •hardiness zone- 5b
    •direct sun- about 6 hours or so
    •date started- umm I left my clones on a window sill for a couple weeks before I put them outside
    •date put outside-memorial day weekend
    •strains-Fml they're all mixed up again this year, but I know I have: tora bora, elephant bud, Black Russian, Michigan purps, strawberry cough, ATF, original northern lights(seed), ak46, og kush, ...? Can't remember anymore. Nothing is labeled lol
    •harvest dates- ? Mid sept-mid October.
    •growing medium- peat based with every organic thing I could find. Only "cooked" for a week. I went light on my amendments so I could still top dress and feed myself. TONS of lime
    •nutrients- anything organic- teas, top dress, worm castings, age old organics dry ferts, bat guano, Alaskas 4-6-6, buffalo loam.
    •pest control- d.e, captain jacks dead bug, beer traps(slugs) some safers' stuff I diluted 3-1 even though it said don't dilute
    •water source- rain and well water- drip irrigation, 50 gal Rez(45?) pumped with a old sump pump
    • water schedule- no set schedule, every few days as needed
    •habitat- clearing I made in the woods. Natural camoflauge wall I made around the outside. Size-? Maybe 30ftX40ft, it's kinda a oval

Photos:
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406752207.019363.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406752223.953727.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406752236.985471.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406752250.934581.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1406752271.934582.jpg

3. Well fer fuck sakes!!!! I had to break down today and use salt nutrients. 3 of my plants was showing middle stage N-P & K def. I tried to use kelp and hen manure pellets about 5 days ago and with all the rain I thought it would of leaches into the soil.. I had no choice but to give them a light dose of salts

4. Another option you might consider next time if you want to avoid salt based ferts is a fish based fertiliser. They are generally organic and are almost immediately accessible to plant like salt based nutes.

5. #585 PsypherE, Jul 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2014
    Also a concentrated EWC tea will cover NPK and add beneficial bacteria. In tea the nutrients are almost immediately available as well!

6. Ill have to check it out next time. Tomorrow that is. I think last time I was looking at it it had 0 something. But if I mixed it with my kelp tea it will make a good product

7. ohh damn...that sucks man. Even with your foliar spray they were deficient? That's surprising actually. When I top dressed with my pellet type fert I covered it with a thick layer of worm castings and wet it down really good. It keeps the pellets wet and they break down faster than if they were exposed to air on top.

8. You can also throw some pellets in your tea and they will break down with the aeration and agitation in the water although for maximum effect consider running the tea a little longer.

9. I haven't foliar feed them for a week or 2. I haven't been getting up early enough to bother. But I think with this they will revert and be fine. Tomorrow ill fet fish farts and start using that for times like this

10. I thought of doing that, but im out of hen pellets. I know they break down super fast

11. That minds me that I need to stock up on all my organics before winter, I plan making my super soil this winter and I wont get my hands on it if I wait

12. Garden/Screen Name
    Years of outdoor exp: 10
    Latitude: 44
    Plant hardiness zone: 5b or 6a
    Direct sun @ solstice: all day direct sun. (Ontop of hill)
    Direct sun @ harvest:
    Date started/cloned: march 5th
    Date put outside: june 10th started harding off
    Strains: 5 Lamin, 6 lychee kush and 5 unknown clones.
    Aprx harvest dates: hopefully September 15th
    Growing medium: homemade super soil.
    Base nutrients:
    Additional nutrients: god damm salts..
    Pest control: D earth, slug bait, bugs b gone
    Water source: rain and tap
    Water schedule: when it rains. Sometimes in between if needed
    Habitat: outside
    Add a few photos

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

13. Haha there's some drunk animals in the woods now. I ran out of beer for my slug traps so I used 3 Seagrams gin wine coolers that have been in my fridge for like two years. When I checked today all the bowls were licked clean.

14. The advanced nutrients did the trick.. they're all starting to go back to that deep green. Today I also went in and top dressed 2 inches of fresh super soil and ewc.

Tomorrow I think ill be putting the kush in ground. Ill cut the bottoms out the plant pots and only dig a 1x1 hole snd place the bottomless pot ontop. Ill push it in 3 inches or so to make sure it dont fall over

15. Hey there northerners! How's everyone doing? Any one make it out to there garden this weekend? Im off to see my garden tomorrow! I'm pretty excited because I will be harvesting the 3 autos from the wet garden! I will also be adding some more tomato food to the dry garden, and reapplying the full spectrum of pesticides!

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

16. Yea I went out there this morning. Things are not looking a whole lot different since the last time I updated. All I did was top dress with a mix of feather meal, seaweed meal, bone meal and kelp meal. I'm excited to see how your autos look. I've never grown one before. I took this pic at about 9 am this morning. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1407085666.154076.jpg

17. No I haven't had time to take pictures. And im staying out my site. Yesterday when I was in transplanting those kush a airplane was flying low and did a cycle back around. I could hear it coming so I took off and went under some trees and covered myself up with broken limbs. I dont think they seen me but im freaking the fuck out yet. The tree I was hiding under was a fir tree and its cover was very low to the ground.
    Most likely wont be in for a bit and I wont be taking any pictures for a bit either

18. Your safe man! Unless you left personally identifiable objects behind the most they will generally do is cut it down and maybe leave a trail cam on your site but even that doesn't happen often!

I would still be a little concerned about your site in general but not for yourself really! I definitely understand the paranoia!

Peace & Love
    PyspherE

19. Man I forgot to say after the plane did its circle back it went in the direction of my house and flu what looked like right over it.. my grow is a 10 minute bike ride down the road. Idk maybe someone seen me go into the woods this year. Im really careful and im no where near houses. Im hoping it was just someone in there personal aircraft. But it was really fucked up on how it did that and then after that it went to a hight altitude.