True North And Free Guerilla Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GOLDENBOY, Jun 17, 2014.

1. I think I found out what it is, I don't think they're white springtails as they do not have legs, they seem more like larvae. I have recently noticed fungus gnats, so I think they have laid eggs and hatched fungus larvae the little bastards.

I need to find a cheap homemade way to get rid of them, maybe drying out my pots? Hmm

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

2. Dont over dry them. They are week and need ur most att.. maybe keep them on a high sunny window shelf tell they pass by or you find a way to deal with them. Id help look but im at work and cant.

3. Hopefully there weren't any more fungus larvae anyway, I've put potatoe skins down as a trap. Meanwhile, is this water ok? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1403527403.016296.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

About 2 weeks, or maybe less.. +10 days, or so.

Sounds good..

6. #46 GOLDENBOY, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2014
    On second look it has chloride in it. No its not.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

PH -level seems a little high, but I have no personal experience feeding with mineral water, so hard to say. Maybe it works...

Good to know! Maybe some day i try it my self too.

9. What was the ph

10. Water acidity and alkalinity.

Hydroculture optimal is (about) PH 5.5 - 5.9
    Soil optimal is (about) PH 6,0 - 7.3

Nutrients are not absorbed properly if the PH is wrong. And some of the nutrients will not be absorbed almost at all if it is too high or too low.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_convert_pH_into_ppm?#slide=1

[​IMG]

11. Slightly more south than you OP, but for other reasons I am just now getting seeds germinated which will reduce my season tremendously.

-in the ground

-3ft diameter x 3ft depth

-Sunshine mix #4 in the holes. Possibly lime at the bottom since it's clay...thoughts?

-Kali mist, afghan kush Ryder auto, cheese auto freebie, bubblegum, 3 more ill update when I remember

-4 auto 3 photo

-5 to 6 hours direct sunlight

-germinating indoors, planting taproot in solo cup under a DIY water jug greenhouse for the seedling stage outdoors! Thoughts?

Transplanting directly into the big home from the solo cups

-all seeds feminized

-July 1st is hopefully when the seeds are germinated. LOL wish me luck

-No training, first grow

-Will update with height progression

-Neem & DT on a schedule for pests
    Chicken wire underneath the hole for rodents
    Chicken wire around plants for deer
    Getting a pocket magnifier to check for spider mites

As you can see it will be a very short season and I got autos to hopefully squeeze some nugs out of this grow. Wish me luck and if you have any advice, id love it!

Don't let people get you down...seen a bunch of fux trying to discourage noobs like me from growing, growing late, growinf on a budget. Just do it and disregard the naysayers

Penisface

12. #52 GOLDENBOY, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
    I hate this app. Fuck up post

13. #53 GOLDENBOY, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
    I hate this app. Fuck up post

14. Welcome.

I wouldn't put lime on the bottom of your holes because lime can clay up from what I seen. Also sunshine mix#4 I believe dont have any nutrients in it, do you have a plan for that? It is late but you have autos and you should be fine with a late closing on your season. Keep us updated. I want to run autos soon.

But it seen like your doing your homework.

15. You have a ph tester? I like my soil and at 6.5-6.8, I find thats the perfect ph..

I dont need tester. I use BioCanna´s nutrients. "Due to the presence of pH buffering fruit acids in Biocanna, the nutrient solution does not need to be adjusted for pH." 

My soil pH is already 6.2. And when I do irrigation with pH 7.1 all worked perfectly (whole plant life cycle, till the end). Outdoor plants I do not fertilizers at all, and I believe that nature will take care of irrigation. If dont, then I help little bit.  :D

17. Im just now making compost to be ready for fall so I can mix a batch of super soil. Its pretty exciting to see a bunch of garbage become soil.. it will be really exciting when I see my soil go to use.

18. For sure!

19. #59 GOLDENBOY, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2014
    Look at the tops I have coming. I did some fim'n and on some of them I have multiple tops. Take a look for yourselves.

Btw I hate calling it a fim. I didnt try to miss and I understand why its called that but I think it needs a better name.

I might just get a pound a plant.

1403733336517.jpg

1403733355695.jpg

1403733371200.jpg

1403733390400.jpg

1403733422030.jpg

20. Looks healthy. I havent yet had time to go check outdoor spot. Maybe this week..