True North And Free Guerilla Growers Unite

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by GOLDENBOY, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Yeah, Willamette valley has some pretty nice weather in the summer. We are at 1200 ft altitude where I grow and it does cool off quite a bit at night, usually low 50's, sometimes even 40's but daytime is usually 80 to 90. I think our season is maybe 2 weeks longer on either end (May 1 to October 1).

2. I am right on the coast.  High humidity and such.  It's cloudy as hell right now.  I will throw a pic or two up this evening.

3. Right on the coast can be pretty damp and cool. I lived on the North Coast for a few years. Rainfall averaged 120+ inches of rain.

4. #24 himblegrower, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2014
    Hey I'm from UK and I'm starting to grow. I got 3 Lowryder #2s on the go and they're just starting to sprout from their pots. I'm keeping them In my garden for now and in the house at night, as soon as they get 2 weeks old I'll have to find a spot in the woods to grow as flowering will start and it'll start to smell.

This is my first time growing and I hope my plants can handle this UK climate, it best not rain haha! Because of the unpredictable weather I'm going to need to train my plants to have stronger stems by wiggling them around a little as it breaks the cell wall and rebuilds stronger.

I'll keep posted to how they're doing as the weeks go by. :)

Attached Files:

5. Put a fan on them girls right now and leave the fan on them. Im a bit beaver then most and put my seedlings out amost 3 days after they popped up out the ground. I have them close by so I can watch with an close eye. But put a fan on ur girls now to make them strong.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I don't have a set up inside, I just leave them by window shelf at night haha, the window can be left open though, that's airation:)

7. But try to put a fan on them anyways. That will really help you out. I use to put them in the windows too then put a floor fan on them to make them dance. I

8. Looks like I'll have to get the fan in then:)

Thanks for the advice

9. Borrow one if you dont have one. Post some pictures.

10. Couldn't find a fan and not willing to invest either, if I have a fan near my window that'll look suspicious to neighbours too.

I'll just leave my window open and allow a breeze to get in, only 1of three have sprouted anyway, 1 of them I can see the stem coming up under the soil, and another hasn't came up at all. I hope I didn't plant the last one too deep..

Thinking ahead for the future now but what size pots you think I should use? There's no point using ridiculously big pots because they're lowryders so you don't get a big yield anyway. I'm thinking 2-4 gallon pots to get maximum yield.

Also, if I use pots I'll be safer from slugs as I can put salt all around the outside of my pot, and ant repellant around the outside too.

11. I never planted low riders before but I've gotten nice results from 5 gallong bucket and 7-10 gallon pots

12. Greetings from N60!

This year I have a few lowryders outside.. even, i do not usually take the plants out because the high risk of bad weather. I got these seeds for free, so i dont care if they fucked up. Plants have been now for about three weeks out, and past 7 days have been really, really cold. Nights about 40(F) degrees and days 50 degrees. I'm going to look the plants in couple days and take some pictures... hope those girls live yet.

BTW, Nice plants in this thread...yep, and good luck to all northern guerrillas!

13. I definitely want you to update me on them. I want to get some next year.

14. #34 Mr. Sweet Chronic, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2014

Probably as early as tuesday I had time to visit at spot. Interesting to see is there any growth in such cold temperatures. Normally this time of year there is lot warmer, but my luck this year looks worst ever :)

15. How many weeks in did you take your plants outdoors?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

16. Im really surprised at my growth. My plants are packing on 2-4 inches a night.. but I bought some Canadian bred seeds for our Canadian climate. I seen dr greenthumb has some great seeds too.

17. I just started some seeds and I put them out after a few days. But they are close by. My big ones was in the house for a month or more growing under lights.

18. Heres an update. The leaves are green and not yellow. Just the cam

1403483769013.jpg

1403483797918.jpg

1403483810476.jpg

1403483820857.jpg

1403483832867.jpg

19. #39 himblegrower, Jun 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2014
    Your plants look pretty healthy, all three of mine has sprouted this morning.

Only thing is I found 2 white springtails in one of the pots, I took them out and squished them.

How do I prevent them from coming back?

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

Attached Files:

20. Im not sure what it was bit maybe if it was slugs, slug bate.

If it was something else keep a close eye on them. They are yuong and something can eat thim in no time.