First Time Grower, Cfl Closet Grow.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by DrGreenthumb101, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Wait until your ready to start training/feeding full strength nutrients to transplant. I usually wait around 1.5-2 weeks from the time the seedling comes above ground to transplant with CFL grows. Or after the first set of true leaves forms, since I use LST and topping techniques and I don't want to over-stress the young'ins.

2. Sweet I will go ahead and transplant at that time then. I want to do some low stress training but don't want to fuck up and mess up my first grow. Too nervous, might have a buddy of mine come over and help me out, but even then I don't want him to fuck it up lol.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Glad to have you along for the ride :D

4. #25 Rod Roc, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
    Hey man, great pics.  Hope your first marijuana grow goes well.  It would be great if you can keep up us posted and see your results!!  :yummy:

5. #26 DrGreenthumb101, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2014
    Will do man. Intend to keep this journal from seed to harvest.

6. Hey all, picture update day 4 above ground. Leaves are getting pretty big. Noticed yellowing on the tip of the left leaf. Any idea what it could be? Maybe Ph is off. Will be gettinng Ph test kit this evening. Could it also be light burn? Had the CFL about 1 inch away. Or it might just be a slight water burn. Who knows. Will let her do her thing for a couple days and see if it gets any worse.

Attached Files:

7. Also. Shes been on a 24 hour light cycle. Maybe that has something to do with it? Not sure they can have enough lighting at this stage in their life.. just food for thought though.

8. #29 DrGreenthumb101, Jun 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2014
    Also getting the FFOF soil today. As well as perlite. Can't wait.
    EDIT: Getting the Y splitters and clamp lamps tonight too.

Sent from my marijuana phone ;D

9. Bump

10. #31 snoopdog6502, Jun 21, 2014
    One plant? Thats a real bummer.

My advice is to plant some more seeds in solo cups,, like this, that way you will get a girl. LOL

View attachment 1337315

11. Lol, shit I wish I had that much space and lighting. Maybe once I figure out if I can handle it I'll start upgrading. I'm just gonna go ahead and play it by ear, fingers crossed for a female, I might get lucky! haha you never know! Think she looks alright though? That yellowing on the tip is kind of a warning sign for something right? Id rather correct now than wait for it to escalate.

12. #33 snoopdog6502, Jun 21, 2014

Awe dont love it to death, sure fire way to build on problems. It dont need nothing but time to grow.

let it grow and get some goods soil and it will get big fast.

You dont have room for 71 solo cups? Awe shit... :D

13. Thanks man, thats what I figured. Thanks for the advice man. Appreciate it. One day I'll have as many solo cups as you!! Hahaha have a good one man

14. From what i have seen out there, there's no such thing as too much light. Compare to the sun for instance hahahahahahahahaha

The bulb is good for Veg, but i wouldn't use that 4in1 holder cause, the CFL bulb emits way more lumens from its sides. I would go with single sockets side by side.

Also u need some 2700k or similar for flower

Hope this helps, peace!

15. Awesome... I'll drop that holster and run with single units then. Now with the flower bulb... Since I'm not running MD or hid just the cfl bulbs what's my best option for flowering?

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
    Sorry still getting my head around all the different globes other than MD or hid

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

16. You can flower with 2700k CFL bulbs.

Some people even use a mix with a few 6500k

The more lumen the better.

Check my grow journal to see my first cfl harvest

Sent from my GT-I9000B using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Still haven't gotten to the store yet for my supplies. Tomorrow marks 1 week from sprout. Working on first true set of leaves. She's looking a little wilted? Maybe it's just gravity taking it's toll on the larger leaves. Should be getting everything I need tomorrow.

!*Rolling Js*!

Attached Files:

18. Update! 1 week from sprout. Turned out she was just a little thirsty :D she's perky again.

!*Rolling Js*!

Attached Files: