Cornering Alone

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by BVRGER-KWEEN, Jun 14, 2014.

1. So when you're in a group of people, and you get greens (the first hit of a bowl for those who don't know) you're supposed to only light the corner of it to leave some green for the next person out of common courtesy. But, when you're alone do you do that too?

I suppose it's just like saying excuse me when you burp alone. Practicing good manners even when no one is looking. But I'm just curious on what you guys do and your opinions on the matter.

Toking is glam as shit

2. #2 doubled0218, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2014

When I smoke out of my pipe alone I always corner the bowl. The reasoning behind this is because I use a butane lighter, I've also read about THC and its reaction to temperatures where you are in fact wasting if you get it too hot. I just think its a good idea to corner it in general alone or with people so you don't torch it and get a nice fat hit :bongin:

3. Usually when I'm alone I do it every now and then (because I'm usually too stoned to know what I'm doing) but I also think it helps it not taste so much like butane when it's nearly cashed.

Toking is glam as shit

4. If you guys don't want butane taste get some hemp wick I started using this and all I taste now is green so it does help out a lot.
    And for the question I always corner cause it's just how I was taught to do when I started smoking but my bro always lights the whole thing and it's so annoying to me. I always tell him not too but whatever he's older so why would he listen to someone younger than him?

5. Hell yeah

6. Lel...fuck that, I move the lighter around the bowl tryna get all the green, son. does'nt matter if im 1st 2nd or 3rd in rotation.

7. "WE HAVE MANNERS WE ARE POLITE" - Suzanne "crazy eyes" Warren (orange is the new black)

Toking is glam as shit

8. Wait, you say 'excuse me' after burping when you are alone? That's kind of weird bro.

9. In my opinion, anyone who does that and doesn't have the courtesy to at least listen to someone else in the circle, is a douche canoe. No offense to your brother tho. Younger or not he should listen to you about that stuff.

Toking is glam as shit

10. thanks dude! That's exactly how I feel about it it's really annoying sometimes also due to the fact that his tolerance is higher than mine cause I had to take a 10 week drug program and so now I'm back to light weight so on top of him never cornering he takes bigger hits so it's unfair to me when I take smaller hits and corner and never get green when he gets the first hit.

11. i do. sometimes i even thank myself. =)

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

12. i toke out of my medicali everyday. the bowl is meant for one hit. i usually pack it to the top, light the whole thing on fire, and clear. you get a milky ass yellow hit everytime. i love it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

13. small bowls are the ticket.

14. You know what else is weird? The fact that we crush up flowers light them on fire and inhale the smoke. Humans are weird.

"You gawd" - LaGanja

15. People are in fact, weird. I corner with other people but my wife doesn't care for first hit. More for me when we smoke. lol. By myself, it depends on how stoned I am and what size bowl I'm using.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. I like to use my dugout ( one hitter), that way I get no waste.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. I corner it, unless the wind comes through and torches it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. #18 Old School Smoker, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2014
    I smoke out of a 1 hitter bong and pipe when I'm alone. I always corner a bowl if a friend was smoking me out and offered greens. It's rude to torch the whole thing at once when smoking with others. It's like if you are thirsty, and your friend offers a swig from his water bottle, will you drink the whole thing? No.

And guys, always offer a lady friend greens on a bowl. It's the gentleman thing to do.

19. Do people ever call you on it?

20. If I packed a large bowl, then I'll corner burn so I can get fresh hits. But when alone I always pack 1 hitters, until I reach desired state :)