How Do You Feel About People Who Are Ignorant Or Willfully Turn A Blind Eye To World Events And Politics? What Woke You Up?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Vicious, Jun 14, 2014.

1. I know some people who have the politics and conspiracy conversation with me for about 15 minutes but then they get bored. Im sure they go home and forget about everything we spoke about and watch stupid shit on telly. Its their life and what can we do about it, things will never change unless people step off their hampster wheel which will never happen because too many people are driven by material, that in its self makes a person selfish to a point.
    I gave up trying to open peoples eyes to things, some will see it and some wont and some dont want to, the bottom line is you cant do anything about it so live and let live the best you can and be happy. Im sure you know this op.

All we can do is enjoy life, enjoy weed and enjoy GC.

2. A lot of pseudo-intellectuals in here....

3. I give zero fucks, so yeah

The only thing i bitch about is the lefties people.... this is why lefties get shot in china....

4. I love it, I am one of 'THE AWAKENED' so all of you sheeple and button pushers fall to your knees and watch this youtube video!

The only explanation as to how one becomes one these immortal holders of the truth is to read books and listen to speeches thus far.

I don't want to be enlightened and start thinking I'm better than everyone, I don't want to wake up. I love sleeping, fuck. 

5. #45 xLDKx NewYorker, Sep 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2014
    Ehh, I feel you. However, Homo Sapiens will either be space faring or extinct in 150 years IMHO.

6. I only check to broaden my understanding on how the political system interacts and affects us globally and locally, nothing more. I'm non-partisan to avoid redundant pointless debates.

7. codswallop approves of this thread.
    codswallop also has nothing of substance to contribute.

8. #48 BluntedUp, Sep 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2014
    Can't blame people for being ignorant to it Lol.  America is really good at saving face and portraying themselves as the good guys.  They'll cause a problem, get the public enraged with it, then come up with a solution.  that way we still have a stronghold in world politics(with a positive view), while getting are initial task done.

This politics stuff is just a game.  Anybody whose been watching Americas foreign policy since 2011 can see where this is going with ISIS and even Russia.

But at the end of the day it is what it is.  if the US weren't screwing people around the world over we probably wouldn't be on here talking about this Lol.

9. I want to know where I live

10. I go through phases where I just want to turn the whole fucking world off and remain willfully ignorant of news and politics, an easy enough task in Australian isolation. As such, I can sympathize with people who want nothing to do with any of it. Sometimes I don't want anything to do with any of it either, both alternatively and simultaneously because of the issues themselves and the presentation of those issues by the media. Giving others grief for being uninformed, whatever their reasoning, would be hypocritical.

Generally though, I crave information and world news. I always have. I've always had this daft mentality that I can make a difference in the world, and I feel as though change begins with awareness.

11. it may seem like some turn a blin eye but really we just don't fucking care anymore. we know that world is fucked up. I just want to live my life.

12. I am with this guy. I used to (and still do really) care a lot. But I have found that giving a fuck really doesn't do anything. The only way things will change now is through violent revolution. And I am not willing to give my life to change the world, as I believe death brings eternal nothingness.

13. One day , we'll all be dead and we'll laugh about it .

I clean table ... I clean mouth ... You breathe deep

14. you lost me a bit near the end but what woke me up was the good ol gangee as well as always questioning authority. And I'm in the exact same situation as you bro or gro (girl bro)

15. Honestly when I was 15-early 18 I had strong political viewes and would regularly throw my feet up and smoke a joint and catch up in politics through the show the young turks. But honestly as I sit here today open and aware to the impending end of life all around my life I have as of late preferred to simplty let my life take me were I go and just try to live a modest happy life and worry about the things that can be changed and not dwell on those that I can't

Sent from my Z992 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Of my friends, I would consider myself the stand out rebel of the group who tends to go against the grain. All of my friends are educated, but super apathetic about doing anything more than trying to "get ahead" while partying on the weekends. My best friend is my partner in crime and frequent smoke buddy, and we share similar minds, although he's much more conservative on the whole than I am. We smoke weed for hours and discuss some of the deeper and darker aspects of the world we live in and theorize ways to solve them. This became the starting point for our startup that is in development.

For the majority of my life, I lived on complete auto-pilot. Authority figures were always right, you did what you were told, there was no need to think higher than yourself really, everything's in its place, "one day at a time and we'll get there" type of shit. Once I got out of high school and spent a few years working in the real world and started smoking more and more weed, I found myself constantly asking myself the harder questions. Most of them I had very few, if not unconvincing answers for. The more and more I thought about it, the more I realized that I had spent almost two decades of my life supposedly "living" on this planet, and I had zero clue what the fuck was going on. From there I really had an intellectual shift where I would just intentionally shatter every paradigm from my old belief systems and rebuild it with copious amounts of research, high perspective, and personal theories. Once I started questioning things, I realized that the scrutiny was usually well-deserved, and often minimized or hidden away altogether.

When I see people so nonchalant about the world they live in- a world where the spread of tyranny comes from their own country, a world where their integrity is always suspect based on some arbitrary selection of traits that supposedly combat terrorist types, a world where conflicts are allowed to wage for strategic leverage that is built on the bodies of innocent children and civilians, etc, I am of course angered by it, but I understand it. I came from that world. We all did. But because we got out of that world, we can't expect the things we say to resonate with people who are speaking another language. No one cares until the problems start hitting close to home. That's just kind of the sad truth when it comes to western civilization... No one wants to listen until it's already too late for the information to do any good for anyone.

What if we turn a blind eye because we simply don't want to worry? All that's on the news nowadays now is violence, violence, and more violence. Can you fault us for that? Some are ignorant, others just want to be happy.

Not trying to sound antagonistic or anything, and I normally like your posts, but have you considered that some people just don't like having politics shoved on them?

Then you have your head in the sand which only works to your own detriment, these people that reject politics also cast votes with ignorance. I wonder how many liberal progressives will vote for comrade Hilldawg without knowing about Benghazi or that she is a classic warhawk. 

You don't sound antagonist, you sound apathetic.  Which is fine with me, just please don't vote blindly.

19. They should be killed for not doing their civic duty and not standing against tyranny.

Most news nowadays is depressing. I keep up with events in America, but that isn't much better than what's going on with ISIL. The Ferguson events should be addressed first and foremost. There are black people being brutalized and murdered by police as we speak and people don't seem to give a shit, but God forbid a white guy gets beheaded. ISIL kicked a wasp nest with that one. The U.S. should get its own shit together before we get dragged into another war.

I know about current events. ISIL, Ebola, etc. It's all depressing. My head isn't "in the sand". I just keep away from world events because I don't think it's healthy to think and obsess over so many things at once. Those that don't want to hear it simply don't want to hear it. Who are we to question their life choices?