Is Islam That Bad Of A Religion?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ErdayToker, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Unfortunately they use the name of Islam to gain their money and power.

I know a lot of Muslims and they are all peaceful kind people, sadly a lot nicer then some of folk.

2. #42 viva420, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2014
    Exactly, just like the extreme genocidal white zionist christian fundamentalist evangelical want WW3 and massive loss of human life in order to bring their white blond haired blue eyed jesus back from the dead to rule over the world. There's genocidal cult member beliefs in all of the religions, however the one that's causing all of the wars and all of the world's problems are the christian zionists who make up a large percentage of American white christians. The only difference is the zionist controlled media never mentions christian terrorism nor does it ever blame christianity for anything bad that a christian does. In fact, christainity is never ever considered as the motive for any crime a christian may commit be it murder, rape, torture, thievery, or pedophile; despite the fact that the bible permits all of these acts against non-believers. The thing with people like you is that you completley ignore what your side is doing to the other. And yes, you are on the side of the christian zionists. That's the religion you were born into, that's the religion of many of your friends and family members, that's the religion of the society you live in, that's the side you are on. Most if not all of the information you get comes from that side and you use them as a "valid" source to get your biased propaganda. You also seem to deny the U.S and other western governments role in installing dictators in those Muslim countries that brutalize the people. You my friend are a white supremacist in denial of all the evils of his race and the attrocities his people have committed in the past and continue to commit today against non-european non-white non-christians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsJ-dDPiTbk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adyUNQ7U8NQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oit0OcWUFGM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7abp0Kun8Ak
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jhp5oXLiLt8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxpIKFEXJF4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5UXHeQ5T8I

3. So in other words it's the white western europeans that really believe in peace and everyone else is violent and evil compared to you right? That's not white supremacy at all is it? Let's just see how peaceful the white western europeans (atheist or christian) have been throughout history. Okay,  they wiped out, enslaved, raped, tortured, and stole the lands and resources of hundreds of millions of Indigenous Americans, Australian Aboriginals, Tasmanian Aboriginals, Native Hawaiians, New Zealand Maoris, Samoans, Africans, Indians from India. Yeah, you're right it's the white western european christian societies that are truly peaceful and the ones who are going to lead the world into peace someday right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOgaK1UEJns

4. You basically just batman called Dilla..

5. Have you ever questioned your mum on why she thinks the Palestinians arnt entitle to their own land? If anything in my logic it would be the other way around they should be able to stay on their land in peace and gain back what was theirs before the British drew the boarders!

What if her neighbour stole a meter of her garden? Would it be all good in the hood?

6. What does that mean?

7.  You'll find out.

Calm down dude. You've made a lot of assumptions. Very accusatory. "People like me." Haha

I don't know how to respond because none of that in anyway describes me. I wasn't born into any religion, my parents have never taken me to church and they aren't religious people.

I don't think you fully understood my comments. If you had, you would have realized that I criticized Christianity several times as well.

To each their own.

9. How exactly did you criticize christianity? Unless you point out the blatantly obvious fact that christianity is in an alliance with zionism and that the ultimate goal of this judeo/christian alliance is world domination, the return of the messiah (fictional character named jesus christ), and the death of all non-believers, than you haven't really said anything about christianity at all. In fact, there's more truth in the videos I've attached than there are in all of your comments combined. Your sources of information are all the same, extreme, biased, pro-zionist, pro-western imperialist sources. You didn't seem like the "to each his own" kind of guy in your previous comments. Why the sudden change of heart?

I have no idea what you're talking about. "Batman called dilla"? What's dilla? What do you mean by batman called?

10. #50 Twistedd, Jun 22, 2014
    Jesus Christ.

11. The whole idea of Islam being a terrible religion is nothing but US government propaganda.

12. Don't forget Israel. They have a hand in it as well.

13. Oh yes! Don't even get me started on Israel.  :angry:

I feel as if you read only part of my first comment and then jumped to several conclusions. Even so, I did criticize Christianity in my first comment as well. Not once did I mention Zionism in this thread. I don't know where you are getting that from.

Plus, Jews don't believe in Jesus Christ. So I promise you they aren't waiting for him to return. 

Here's where I was critical of Christianity's most central premise. Well, perhaps second to the Golden Rule. Which is also the same in Islam! Do unto others as you'd have them do unto you. Works pretty well as a philosophy even for the non-religious (like me  :smoking:).

Then I criticized Orthodox Judaism's position on homosexuality in an attempt to show how religious radicalism is simply a matter of extreme interpretation:

And the several times I said most Muslims are NOT radical:

You have made many personal accusations that are in no way a reflection of me as a person or my political beliefs. 

This is the politics thread. In politics, people have opinions. That's why the subtext for this thread is "Politics: we all disagree about something." You are clearly taking it personally, and that's not my intention at all. So for that I apologise. However, Politics is an academic discipline, and debate is one of the oldest traditions in academia. Nothing I have said is radical. I have expressed some very strong opinions, but radical? Not really. Even if I have expressed a radical position, I have done so in a way that does not rely on the normative. Furthermore, I usually make it pretty clear which is my own opinion - like when I said I wasn't a fan of headscarves. But guess what, this is a pretty common opinion!

I understand that I speak in a manner that is far from politically correct - however if you reread my comments I think you'll agree that nothing I said is in anyway extreme. If you felt as if it was, again, I'm sorry. That was not my intention.

All you have done is attacked me as a person for beliefs I don't even hold. So that's the reason for the 'change of heart'.

15. What we may consider bad or rude, may be the norm for them.

What they consider bad or rude, may be the norm for us.

Omega369

16. #56 viva420, Jun 22, 2014
    You didn't mention Zionism? That's absolutely right, you didn't. In fact, almost all of the anti-muslim propaganda comes from Zionist jewish/christian fundamentalists sources. There is absolutely no way you can even try to tell me that you or anyone else holds a strictly secular view against islamic fundamentalism if your sources of information are zionist controlled. That'd be like someone claiming to be secular and holding views against christian fundamentalism yet only taking information from muslim sources.

You're not half as bad as the majority of people who focus on muslim fundamentalists specifically. You seem to be more civilized and open minded about the issue. That doesn't change the fact that you completely ignore fanatics and fundamentalists in other religions. As you said yourself, no mention of zionism anywhere in your posts. How can you be an opponent to religious fundamentalists if you don't go after the absolute worst ones?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icLLAucRshU

17. #57 Wakeboard, Jun 22, 2014

His question was about Islam? Had the title of the thread been 'Is Judaism that bad of a religion?' then a discussion of Zionism would indeed be warranted. However that's not what OP's question addressed.

I know some people like to use any excuse they can to criticize Zionism. However, it is no way pertinent or relevant to the OPs question.

It's hard for me to reply to this because it is nothing more than the most ridiculous of conspiracies. All my sources of information are Zionist controlled? What do I sit around watching Fox News all day? You can't possibly believe that.

Look up what Richard Dawkins has to say about Islam. Do you still want to tell me you cannot be both secular and critical of Islam? I find that both ridiculous and simply untrue.

I find Dawkins quite inspiring, so you might find that my argument echoes his quite a bit. That said I would consider myself agnostic, not atheist. Dawkins himself is more firmly atheist than myself - however if you watch the video he will clarify his position on the matter. Skip to around the 2:06 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv3wTRLh7Xk

I can also find various other entirely secular individuals who would have similar opinions. There's so many people who would have good reason to feel the same way, to generalize heres a few that might: secular feminists, secular liberals (true liberals), people who oppose the death penalty, homosexuals.

By any rational standard they would feel the same about both Judaism and Christianity as they do Islam, and for the most, they do. However, I will remind you again that this thread and the question I replied to was about Islam. So my answer, thus was mostly about Islam.

18. YES! BUT you didn't talk about ZIONISM!

:confused_2:

/alexjones

19. #59 Wakeboard, Jun 22, 2014

You're joking right...? I hope.. :p

20. SO ZIONISM IS A JOKE TO YOU>!>?!