Is Islam That Bad Of A Religion?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ErdayToker, Jun 13, 2014.

Dude your house is infested with ants and you decided it was a sign from god.

2. It's pretty disappointing to constantly see people talk about Islam ONLY when something negative happens. Start using your own brains instead of allowing others to use them for you. Someone says something, it gets your brain going, and then you parrot what you hear from others. Nothing in this thread is even original. I've heard it dozens of times.

3. Stop leaving food sitting around and he wouldn't have ants lol....

4. #224 Browne, Jan 20, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2015
    Any shared belief system in which there is an intermediary between yourself and "God" is not a good situation to be in.

------

5. #225 artichokie, Feb 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2015
    I'd at least give Islam the merit that worldwide, the Quran is the same. (excluding the <1% of Muslims who may try to write some variation)

The Bible has countless versions, written by unknown pennames which are then repeatedly translated and then varied again when a certain king or other in power decides it would be 'better' this way.

6. Every religion has it's group of idiots that will believe anything that someone with authority says as long as he throws "in the name of God/Allah" into it no matter how insane or retarded it sounds. Look at the Westboro Baptist church. A lot of people tend to blindly follow someone in the name of that "religion" even if they're being led into a burning building.

7. My girl was raised Muslim. She isn't now.

Both she and I are very defensive about anyone quick to fire the 'muslim=terrorist' gun.

I've met her family, and I have to say they are the kindest, most hospitable and loving family I've ever met. I call my girl's mother 'mum' just as she does.

She left because she found it sexist. And come on, the evidence is there.
    - hijab (head scarf)
    - automatically pressured to marry someone she has only met a few times, have kids and stay at home looking after them.

I heard from an Imam that in a marriage, decisions are made by husband and wife (unless they cant agree and then the husband decides)

It's these sort of things that made her leave, her family isnt happy about it but we all still communicate regularly.

Thinking about the CONTEXT (so important which many overlook) of Islam, it began in a very sexist time and place.
    This new religion actually brought new rights for women to an otherwise very cruel land.
    Men were given a wife limit (7 i think), many men in the area had many more before this.

The killing of baby girls at birth was banned, a very common practice at the time.

And women were allowed to have their own money, property etc. This was a right not allowed at the time.

Many other examples too.

Since through time the Quran hasnt changed, many of these 'good new rules' are, by comparison, very extreme compared to today's western culture.
    The difference is The Bible has slowly changed, adapting to modern times.

Also, I think I'd rather see everyone in cover ups and scarves than see 12yo arse cheeks everywhere (very common in aussie), it's disgusting.

8. #229 dopey69, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2015
    A Tribe of 800 Jews residing in Modena were slaughtered because Muhammad felt they betrayed him because they didn't fight the Meccan's who came for him in Modena for attempting to capture a caravan headed to Mecca. The Jews had no reason to fight these people, it was A muhammad/Muslim problem. Doesn't sound very peaceful to me.

Ask a Muslim what "the devil verses" are and see how peacefully they respond.

I will say that the teachings of The Koran are peaceful. But Muslims seem to worship Muhammad the man more than follow the actual Word of Allah.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. Islam is a backwards tribal culture of enslavement and death. It should be destroyed in the same manner as Nazism and Japanese Imperialism, bomb them to hell.

10. Islam is no different than any of the other biblical style religions. No better, no worse.

The use of religion as a political tool to control and supress is the problem , just look at how Judaism has been twisted and perverted to justify the actions of Israel ?

11. Israel isn't the problem. Iran and the terrorists they fund are the problem.

12. Let's just say in Muslim dominated countries it's legal for men to beat their wives, and if a woman gets raped in some way or another "she was asking for it" by not being accompanied in public, and she will be stoned to death for adultery if she speaks up about the rape.

If you don't believe the bible chances are you are more secular or agnostic. Some christians say the bible was meant to be more metaphorical, no it wasn't.... If you asked the men who wrote the bible they world say "this is the word of God and must be followed"

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum