Bathroom Grow...need Vent In Too?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by newgrower140, Jun 12, 2014.

1. My apologies if this has been answered - couldn't find it anywhere... I have an office (approx 12 x 12) with windows, doors. I have a bathroom (6x6) without windows but it has an electric exhaust fan.
    My question is this - do I need an incoming vent? I will be in my office about 1/2 the day, I can leave the door to the bathroom open, and office windows if necessary - but will the smell (albeit wonderful) be overwhelming? (I"m not worried about outsiders - we are very rural). 

I hope I am being clear. Any help would be truly appreciated, obviously I'm extremely new at this.

Thanks in advance.

2. #2 Deleted member 638051, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
    Most likely the exhaust fan doesn't pull enough CFM to exchange the air your plants will need. How many plants will there be? 
    I grew in the bathroom through the winter. I removed the door (for extra room), hung CFL lights, stood a 14" oscillating pedestal fan in the doorway, a 6" oscillating clamp on fan near the rear from a shower curtain rod, and a dehumidifier between the toilet and sink. I tacked a blanket up over the doorway, and tied it back during the light time, and tacked it closed during the dark time.

I had way too many plants. I don't see myself doing this again any time soon.
    IMG_0012.jpg

Odor is not a problem for me.

3. Best to keep you input passive and as per Ron above get a bigger fan if necessary ...you may loose some grunt on a fan sucking with a carbon filter or sock so consider that too!