Powdery Mildew :(

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by johnnyblaze805, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Well fuck I just found little tiny patches of pm :( it's in the very early stages and they're on my some of my purple wreck & blue diesels that are vegging.. I got some sm-90 I'm gonna try tmrw if u got a better game plan then lmk.. Thanks

2. #2 Necstar, Jun 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2014
    Heres a few other things that may help with the mildew.

Baking soda: Sodium Bicarbonate
    <span style="background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">"Sodium collapses the powdery mildew cell wall". Baking soda leaves an alkaline residue on the leaves, which should be washed off with water before more is applied.

<span style="background-color:rgb(247,247,247);">Foliar spray: 15ml / gallon

Potassium Bicarbonate:
    "Collapses and desiccates the mildew hyphae. Very safe, very effective contact fungicide". Kaligreen and Armicarb100.

Garden sulphur:
    A common non-toxic spray, sulfur interferes with mildew cellular respiration. Spray young plants weekly before hairs form (or spray lower leaves only), then discontinue. Do not wash off. Note: dried sulphur spray looks similar to mildew. For best results, prune plants in veg/early flower, then spray lower stems and foliage. Warning: can give a sulphur taste if sprayed directly onto buds!

Foliar spray:
    15-20ml sulphur powder/Liter water. Keep well mixed when spraying.
    Note: will not wash off buds. Re-application may be necessary.

Neem Oil:
    Protects and kills mildew by inhibiting respiration; also protects against mites and may improve plant vigor. Results are noticeable in a couple of days.</span></span>

3. Fix environmental issues. Don't let temps drop when lights are off.

Keep humidity between 45 & 55%.

Do these things and PM is not an issue. Ignore either and suffer.

If you can't fix environment the only things I recommend are Eagle 20 (dip for clones and teens not in flower) & sulphur vaporizer.

Neither should be required if environment is properly regulated.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app